• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Surprise, Surprise! ENGINE.EXE Trouble!! Please help!

By using SwiftShader 2.0 (download from our ModDB profile), you can convince the game to run on an Intel graphics card.
This is software rendering, so unless you've got a VERY good processor, the game will probably not run very well; but at least it'll run.
The best thing to do though is to somehow get a different graphics card. :?

Yep intel cards IMO are bad news when it comes to games, the new ones dont let you play old games (even though they work for new games :facepalm)

We managed to fix the Nero software incompatibility issue ages ago. Ever since Build 14 Alpha 9.5 Patch 2.

Hi Guys,

Firstly sorry for my bad english.
I have searched the whole internet for my ENGINE problem. I have tried many things like, SwiftShader 3.0, windowsize, change the game options.
My PC Setup

-Presario CQ56 notebook PC
-RAM - 3G
-64 Bits
-proccesor -Pentium (r) Duel core CPU T4500

It's always crashing when i click New game, i hope someone can help me :(

Which game are we talking about? You now have the same post on the PotC and the CoAS forums. o_O

You have Intel graphics. That is your problem. Look at the links in my signature for the answer to your problem.

Also, if you install the latest build mod the Intel fix is included.

Sorry mate thought it was the same game. I'm talking about POTC caribbean tales? I have not installed any mod becaue my game crashed over and over again.. :(

Now you're confusing things even more. There are three games here:
Pirates of the Caribbean (2003 Akella game)
Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales
Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships

Which one is it?

You really are confusing everything with everything!
Do you mean OxBAY? That would be Pirates of the Caribbean then.

i searched youtube and it's pirates of the caribbean :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
I checked your download '' EU_BI_bypass '' i placed it in my MODULES but dind't work. I think that i am doing something wrong, not so smart with computers..

Back