• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

the amazing JUNK

Indeed, IRF's work was looking incredible. I'm quite impressed with what he was working on.

As to my Junks, yes I've still got them, just getting my development apps set back up now. Reconstruction of a rig after a major data explosion is such a pain, add to that the fact that my internet was down for so long and I discover I've missed out on all kinds of awesome and exciting things going on in the community.

Cap'n Drow

Sorry I didn't inform about 'being swallowed by the sea' for half a year (too much work in RL)... finally it 'spat me out' :sail
I hope to return to my project in a week or so (still have some university stuff to work on...)
I promise to be more active on the forums from now on :doff

Welcome back Iron Roger Flint! I am really looking forward to seeing your fine work finished mate!

Glad to see that the work on this fine vessel is going to continue! I am floored by the amount of hard work and detail that you have put into this marvelous ship. I am anxious to see it come to life!

I don't think New Orleans will be all that tough, but whoever does Singapore has their work cut out for them.
user_comment.gif

Speaking of Singapore, how come no one has ever modeled the Empress? Is she not practical for the game since she's a Chinese junk and not a square rigged vessel? In the eagerness to get movie ships into the game, it seems the Empress was overlooked.
huhh.gif
I thought she was a pretty cool looking vessel myself.

And of course, she would fit with Singapore and the AWE storyline quite nicely.

Nobody really started on her; I reckon we could fake the Chinese type sails with the sail textures.

Cap'n Drow and Iron Roger Flint both started work on Junks... however I dont think this has been done for awhile :(

Just a bump on this topic... Not sure how active IRF and Cap'n Drow are as I have only just come back myself but a man can dream :cheeky

I was just directed here since I brought up the Empress. Is any work on her still going on? Has this project been abandoned? I sure hope not.
dunno.gif

Even if they are currently not working on it (as their personal lives might be to hectic) hopefully they may be able to upload their files for you so you have a start if you make an attempt LS :yes

Somebody must have cried my name, coz believe it or not I restarted work on Empress like three days ago
laugh.gif
It is currently being fixed and unwrapped (about 80% done). I would have uploaded files a year ago, but something went horribly wrong...
When I tried to import her into game for the first ever testing I got ctd due to some of the polys occupying the exactly same coords and overlapping thus forcing the game's rendering engine an error. After that got fixed, I unwrapped it, and was about to start on the textures, but then came the holidays, and I left it for awhile. And then the DISASTER struck. My *this expression was censored due to extremely explicit language* Windows got *again censored due to same reasons* and died on me. After I fixed the OS, I found out that I lost all the UVW data and textures, as well as the latest geometry model version. I was so dissapointed that I had completely no motivation to restart it, but three days ago I found out that I did
w00t.gif
. I believe the current version will be even better than before.

I currently have two more exams at the uni, the last one will be on 17th of June. Then a week of holidays *YAY*
william.gif
, and then I will join in for an uni project for five more weeks!!!...

That's great news! It'd be really cool to have at least one of the Chinese ships. :dance

Yay!!! Got to love a post to make peoples ears burn and come back, excellent news and good luck with your exams IRF :cheeky

Good to see you back IRF! I have been hoping that you would someday return to finish your masterpiece, I can't wait to see this beauty in the game! If we ever hope to expand New Horizons or GOF into the Orient, we definitely need this work of art in game!

Wow! Great to see this project coming back to life! Welcome back, IRF! :cheers

Back