• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

the amazing JUNK

well, concerning the V shaped hull, it's really just a matter of 'do we want the movie ship or a realistic ship?'. the two are not mutually exclusive, but it's disney we're talking about here. i like the look of the flat bottom so far. top screenshot.

Like I said, I think we should use number 1 for the Hai Peng, which looks more like a Trade Junk. I think the second one needs a little more work done though.

but why? it's the top part that matters, and that's made to be the Empress. using the Empress with a part that's different but which you can't see anyway to make it the Hai Peng won't work. it would look exactly the same.

We could change the color of the first Empress, take away one of the masts, and make it smaller and we would have a Hai Peng. I do understand what you are saying though, and now I see what you mean.

'we', huh?

well, i don't remember the hai peng that well myself. let's see what roger thinks of it first.

Why change the Empress when I'm probably gonna make the Hai Peng too (when I have some more time to spare). The Empress is somewhat unique junk, whereas Hai Peng is a pretty generic type.

Jeeez... we don't even have ONE finished yet and you're thinking about dozens of 'em or something. Take it easy, mate! :shock

'ambitious' refers to the one actually doing stuff. and with the low capacity for doing stuff that there currently is, i'd suggest being pleased with what's actually being done. the build mod's in it's closing stages. new stuff is going to be rather limited compared to the existing stuff being fixed, aside from new stuff that people are actually willing to add themselves.

There's a whiff of tension in the air, and I don't like it. :?
So let's keep to constructive on-topic discussion, please.

I agree with Armada. I sense some hostility, so lets just get back to the topic at hand so nobody accidentally offends someone. :yes

it's just a matter of knowing the state of things, really. as it is, new stuff (in large quantaties) is low on the list of priorities.

as it is, new stuff (in large quantaties) is low on the list of priorities.
Absolutely. We need a heck of a lot of fixing/improvement before considering lots of new content, with Beta 2 in mind.
Ships like the Empress are more than welcome, however! :cheeky

Top one for me as well in the second lot of screens

On the other Junks that people are talking about... I agree that Hai Peung is a more generic Junk and can probably be used as a buyable one that sometimes does appear :yes

eh, we've got xebecs already anyway. however, if you really want a junk that could appear in the caribbean, i would suggest using a south chinese one. ships from southern china came in touch with the west fairly early on and adopted several bits of ship design. they tended to have a sleeker hull and updated rigging, like a jib. it would be likelier for the chinese to use a ship with improved sailing characteristics to trade in the caribbean.

You see, that seems to be the only drawback. Where would be an appropriate place to add a shipyard that offers junks in the new world? Besides Vanderdecken.

Back