• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Smart Start Mod Version 70: New starting gear for Charles! (CHEAT CODES TOO!) (dlc compatible)

Cpt Drake, i upload a guide for you.
Hello Cpt Nelson,

thank you very much for the file.

As I said, I had a fresh new Sed Dogs: TEHO installation (ver 1.6.0 END (22.16.18) + 'The Caleuche' + 'The Final Lesson' + 'Flying the Jolly Roger' + 'Hero of Nation'.

I followed the instructions about how to install the NewStartKit_v27_cheater.zip. I was not able to find the file RPGUtilite.c. I had to copy it from one of my previous installations and add the line "characters\RPGUtilite.c"
under the section "Srcipts" in the file NewStartKit_Cheater.ini. After that everything worked fine as you said in your edit.txt file.

Now I have only 2 issues:

1. There is no "cannon" folder nor "cannons_init.c" file. I can not find them in any previous installation ... Please send me the "cannon" folder and tell me the path to copy it in.

2. How can I change the French Uniform suit in order to have the cirass4 stats?

Thank you again

Cpt Drake

Guys, after 6 hours :modding, I managed to have a game running the way I want :D.
Thx Nelson and Marcin89, thx to all that had posted in this thread.

Only thing I need now is someone to tell me in which file (and what to do) I can tweak the stats of "Katana" blade and "Colt" pistol (dmg, weight, etc)

Thx

Last edited:
I found the corresponded lines in the file:

n = InitStdBlade(n, "blade_28", "ITEMS_16", 10, TGT_QUEST, B_EXCELLENT, "FencingS", 3, 1.00, 1.10, 1, 15, 1, 0); // Κΰςΰνΰ (Katana)

n = InitStdGun(n, "pistol8", "pistol8", "ITEMS_6", 2, 0.0001, 1, 20000, 250.0, 575.0, 5.5, 1, B_UNIQUE); // Αλΰνδεπαση (Colt)

The problem is that I can not figure out what nunber affects which stat. I can not read the head line in each sector, that propably explains those numbers, because it appears like chineese to me

in mine that line appear like this èíäåêñ,ìîäåëü, òåêñòóðà, êàðòèíêà, öåëåâàÿ ãðóïïà, êà÷åñòâî, òèï êëèíêà, íîìåð â ãðóïïå, äëèíà, èçãèá, ãåíåðèðóåìûé, êîë-âî ãåíåðèðóåìûõ, ãåíåðàáåëüíàÿ öåíà, öåíà åñëè íå ãåíåðèðóåìûé
So do as I suggest, take a screenshot of those item stats in the game, then compare and figure out.

Well after a long night, I managed to tweak the Colt's stats, you have to change values at 2 different lines:

n = InitStdGun(n, "pistol7", "pistol7", "ITEMS_6", 1, 0.0001, 1, 25000, 900.0, 999.0, 2.5, 5, B_UNIQUE); // πεβξλόβεπ Κξλόςΰ

InitGunExt( "pistol7", "t1","shotgun_cartridge", "GunCap_colt", 900.0, 999.0, 800.0, 900.0, 10.0, 10.0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 80, 10, 1);

As far as Katana's stats (blade_28), it was a big failure. If I start a new game 4 times, then I get 4 different sets of stats. Then I saved one and try to change the values:
n = InitStdBlade(n, "blade_28", "ITEMS_16", 10, TGT_QUEST, B_EXCELLENT, "FencingS", 3, 1.00, 1.10, 1, 15, 1, 0); // Κΰςΰνΰ (Katana), changed everything, tried big numbers, low numbers, nothing.

I give up with Katana

Those values are in initItems.c. As mentioned above u need to edit two full lines for items .
one of those values are in russian and below are in english.
And i dont know what NC and C mean..
Non-Character and Character ? Dunno...

Imgur

Imgur

Well, the damages in the game are calculate using SPECIAL, Skill, Armor, Luck from both attacker and receiver, then Perk come to play. Offensive perk for attacker and defensive perk for receiver. So If you want a 1 hit kill, set min and max of both NC and C to the same big number like 10000.
I have a theory, NC and C might mean Not Calculated (the number appear on the item description) and Calculated (Actual damage inflict while playing the game.)

Marcus Tyrex's warship (ship of the line), under the name "Red Dragon", appears first time in the quest "Corrida" and second time in the quest "City of Blood Harvest", both part of the Flying the Jolly Roger DLC.

I can spown a line ship but I like the look of "Red Dragon". I like the look of the SHIP_LSHIP_ENG also (english manowar) but I can not land at any english port with it.

Another thing, at the quest "Excellent Atlas", Jose Dios asks to find 24 excellent maps. Which one is the 24th map? I can not find it and can not finish the quest.

I searched on Steam for both issues without any result ...

you have to go to bassee_terre talk to fadey go back to your brother talk to him then the options become open=) its the one to the left when walking in the church in martinique..talk to him once say i understand and then open dialog with him again
I'm trying to play this game for the first time just to see what's up. Where exactly is this "basee_terre"? Because I cannot find this Fadey guy anywhere.

Basse Terre is the city on Guadeloupe.

Feday is in a house named: "Feday's house"

If you don't have a map i suggest this mod, actually even if you have a map this mod is useful.

Hope i have been of help to you!!! :cheers

Basse Terre is the city on Guadeloupe.

Feday is in a house named: "Feday's house"

If you don't have a map i suggest this mod, actually even if you have a map this mod is useful.

Hope i have been of help to you!!! :cheers
Thank you, I just literally found that out just now when I opened a map the commander of the guards gave me for some reasons after they released me from prison lol This is what I get for being impatient about the game. Oh and that Active Map I have that in my game directory but never extracted it lol Thank you so much @The Nameless Pirate :dance This game is making me scratch my head lol I have three days to earn 17k pesos like where tf am I gonna get that? lol I'll figure something out. Not having the entire PROGRAM files suck xD Freakin' steam :modding

Back