• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Time travel

Where exactly are the wrong references found? Which character dialogs and/or which questbook entries?

The Nelson storyline may not be entirely updated for this change, since it didn't exist when Bartolomeu renamed the character.

This one still @Bartolomeu o Portugues.

Alternatively: @Grey Roger, do you reckon you could do a quick fix on this?
Files are in RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\Storyline\[STORYLINE\QUESTBOOK\bartolomeu.txt
Don't worry about the filename; it is the contents that are import.

Which files contain Bartolomeu's crew's dialog?
bartolomeu_rescue.jpg

There appears to be no specific file in the Beta 3.4 installer under "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\Storyline\Nelson\QUESTBOOK". Does the quest take the file from somewhere else, perhaps "standard"? It must get its messages from somewhere because I completed that quest as Nelson.

I'm also editing "Santiago.txt" as that's the follow-up mission in which you help Bartolomeu - er, Laurens - to recover the Santiago. Laurens de Graaf sounds like a Dutch name so I'm removing the bit about "the only thing better than a Portuguese sword is a Portuguese swordsMAN". Bartolomeu, presumably the Santiago mission has also been modified to have Laurens de Graaf replace Bartolomeu o Portugues?

Grey Roger, I have finished to adapt the quest texts. I will also change the crew dialog.:yes
Unfortunately, I said Pieter I will do that this morning. So, now we have two people doing the same thing :shrug

Well, if you both upload your files when you're done, I should be able to work all changes in together.
Result should be better than either of your own versions (though it'll be a bit more fiddling on my part).
Anyway, nothing to worry about. :doff

None of which answers my question about where the "Nelson" version is getting its text...

The "standard" version does not appear in the Beta 3.4 installer, so I assume it's still the one in the original Part 2 archive.

So here is "Storyline", containing both "BraveBlackFlag" and "standard", each in turn containing "QUESTBOOK" with modified "bartolomeu.txt" and "Santiago.txt".

Attachments

• Storyline.zip
    7.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
No, all that's in "Storyline\Nelson\QUESTBOOK" is "beginning.txt". Anyway, the installer plus previous zip file included the Nelson storyline, didn't include any special QUESTBOOK entries apart from "beginning.txt", and the Bartolomeu's Crew side quest worked for Nelson because I played it. ;)

And, incidentally, proved that the side quest still works with modified Havana and Santiago. I got a bit worried when I couldn't find Emilio's friend at Santiago, but it turned out that this was because I'd landed at the wrong beach to start with. I'd then walked all over Cuba to find both the right beach and Havana, and the rescue couldn't even begin until I'd found the right beach, talked to Laurens and fought some Spaniards. Once I realised what was wrong, I sailed all round Cuba looking for the right beach, landed, talked to Laurens again, returned to Santiago and tracked down Emilio's friend. :D

So this is now fixed right?

Back