• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Times when the game always crashes.

Scurvy Mustache

Landlubber
does everyone else have this problem? whenever i loot while boarding a ship the game crashes. maybe not on the first or second body, but i dont think i ever looted over 6 without it crashing. b4 it happens the loot menu starts to flicker or disappear.

and right now, i just raided a fort and im trying to trade with the store and it is crashing every time. and one time it looked like this b4 it crashed. the game crashes every time in these 2 situations and non other that i recall. im using the beta 2.1. any idea how to fix this?
potc bug.jpg

Something looks very obviously wrong with that screenshot; what happened???
Are you sure you installed the modpack correctly, eg. outside Program Files and such?

I recognize that Russian writing because I have seen it many times. :facepalm It happened to me just walking around town many times, but not this year, so I thought it had gone away. :oops: Yes, boardings are very weak and crashes often. I only loot early in the game and not at all later. That does not stop the CTDs but makes them rare. It is better to entice the enemy ship to surrender. :ship Are you using a Mac? How? :cool:

I have it installed in c:\games\bethesda\pirates etc. and i followed all the directions i saw for installing.
this time it didnt do that weird texture. it just crashed. i get the windows thing that says this program has stopped working. there was no error.log. so idk if these other logs will help.

this is the first fort i ever ransacked. i didnt plan it, it just kinda happened. it is martinique. they shot at me cuz i was sporting the wrong flag so i shot back and now im 16million richer. would really like to take all this stores gold tho :bounce

Attachments

• system.log
    710 bytes · Views: 81
  • compile.log
    2.7 KB · Views: 66
idk i never played it on this pc. i only installed it cuz i saw there was mods for it because i played the stock game to death years ago. when i click on my characters ship to see the goods is normally when it crashes. most of the time i can click on my spanish gallion and it dont crash and i can trade with it. but when i click either of the 2 ships on the left it crashes. ive been able to fill my spanish gallion up with gold a few times but i wanna fill my other ships too :p
Am i correct in assuming that no one else has this problem when ransacking a store? :oops:

idk if this helps, its only jibberish to me. i just thought of something, im gonna try and do it in the normal low resolution instead of 1920x1080. maybe there is some weird interface glitch that it dont know where im clicking when i have it on this hi res.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ENGINE.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 52454542
Fault Module Name: XINTERFACE.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 3f1412c4
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0004ce20
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 798b
Additional Information 2: 798b721ec63ac417413789cee3581260
Additional Information 3: 4a43
Additional Information 4: 4a43df2b03a917a494f608ee4c516a21

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

nope that didnt work, i tryed it in the 800x600 full screen. there are some serious menu problems when trying to run it in windowed mode at that resolution. when u hit the load button it takes about a minute before the confirmation menu pops up with the yes or no button. and it takes a really long time for it to switch to what game u want to load, it scrolls in slow motion. idk if this is related but it reminds me of when u are in interiors and i have to move my mouse all the way across the desk just to turn around and my character kinda runs in slow motion. it is not the fps tho, if anything the fps feels higher in these situations, ive not actually activated the fps text to see tho. ive just been dealing with that part, its no big deal. i suspect it has to do with the part of the mod that keeps ur camera angle from switching. ive tried turning that off but when i turn it off the camera and everything is still the same. but im kinda getting off topic here lol im not worried about this. just thought it might give someone that knows better than me a clue.

im not sure i understand the DEP situation. it is set to the one with only windows stuff. if i changed it to the other wouldnt it cause tons of problems with pretty much all programs on my computer?

:oops: idk i seem to be able to trade with my spanish gallion every time but if i try to trade with my scooner or advanced war ship it crashes. i tried swaping ships and then it crashes with the spanish gallion when i am captain and the advanced war ship which is in the slot the spanish gallion was. it doesnt seem to be an issue of where i was clicking like i had theororized. seems like some kind of menu bug possibly related to the boarding loot crashes idk.

grrr idk i switch the DEP thing and added engine.exe and it made no difference, i filled my spanish gallion up with gold then saved, now it just crashed when i loaded and tried to enter the menu with the spanish gallion again. so now it crashes with all of them... i have a headache. should i switch the DEP thing back now? could it be something to do with the quest i have on this island? im supposed to find information about the black pearl here in nathaniel hawks story.

Sheesh. Lots of problems there. In that link I provided, on the 2nd page of that thread there is a link to another thread. In that other thread in addition to other things he posted about, there is a link to a utility that might help you.
Also, what is your video card? I ask because I recently got an ATI vc and now I have to set up the config.exe just so or POTC crashes. First I need to turn off safe mode, then I need to set the resolution to its highest 32bit setting. Then reset the resolution in engine.ini.
Martinique is a good solid island with no problems, so I doubt that is your problem.

IT FINALLY WORKED!!! :ship
i ran around and did some other stuff in town and ran into 2 quest people. one that gave me information about the black pearl and the other that was a woman in a hurry to go help her father and wouldnt tell me anything else. i went back to the store and opens my spanish gallion and it looked like this...
potc bug2.jpg

then i opened my advanced war ship and it looked like the first picture. then i opened my shcooner and it looked normal , i was able to trade with all of them without them crashing. i was going to get another ship from the shipyard and fill it up too but by this time it was nightfall so i stayed at the tavern. the next day no one will trade with me and is telling me to get the hell out. the relations menu still shows like i own this town but idk. so i go to the church and donate the max amout 2 times and it doesnt seem to change my relationship with the french. so whatever my 3 ships are filled with gold and silver and i was planning on setting sail for corcanco or whatever that name is but they are holland and im at -60 with holland and bonaire is holland too and they are the only 2 importing both silver and gold so im not sure what im doing now. but anyways there was an error log this time. :)

oh and my video card is a 240 something, i cant see right now because i cant right click on the desktop which must have somthing to do with that DEP. cuz i have NEVER had ANY problems with this computer so im switching it back.

Attachments

• error.log
    1.9 KB · Views: 106
  • compile.log
    27.8 KB · Views: 73
  • system.log
    8.2 KB · Views: 72
That is working?? I just thought of something else. Did you recently update your video card drivers? Both Nvidia and ATI blew it with their latest drivers and older games are messed up.

no. i guess it appears to be something with those quests i had. i'll be sure not to update the video card drivers tho , thanks for the info. idk how it will be the next time i ransack a town. we will see i guess.

right now im having a problem getting rep to sell my gold. i donate money to the church but it only changes my title below my name but i stay at -60 with holland no matter how much money i give.

In certain taverns (mainly pirate) there is a diplomat who can help you out. Possibly the Governor of Tortuga can help too.

Back