• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

To the experienced players... how do you begin a new game? h

I just discovered why I didn't know about Thierry Bosquet. He is broken in POTC 3.3. So I tried him in 3.5 and got that sword. Now I have 6 of them and they are indeed very good.

There are other ways to get soldiers swords that do not involve me in any fighting,but if I told about those methods they would get trashed too.

Indeed I fixed Thierry not too long ago.

Of course you aren't SUPPOSED to steal super weapons in the early game.
That completely bypasses the Natural game balancing.
If you feel that you need to do it as otherwise you cannot succeed later on, that is a balancing issue that needs to be addressed.
The should be playable in a normal way.
Any huge reward, such as super soldier swords, should come with an appropriately huge risk in trying to get it.

I just discovered why I didn't know about Thierry Bosquet. He is broken in POTC 3.3. So I tried him in 3.5 and got that sword. Now I have 6 of them and they are indeed very good.
You don't need to bother about Thierry Bosquet because his sidekick's sword, the one I liked so much, is the French Admiralty Rapier. You've been gathering those by mugging guards, for whom it is standard equipment in French colonies. ;)

There are various nice swords in dungeons. Of course, you need to fight your way past the inhabitants of those dungeons to get to the swords... And you're not getting the sword from Thierry Bosquet's sidekick without either being pretty high level yourself or getting some high calibre assistance of your own because if you try going up against him by yourself early in the game, you tend to die as soon as he touches you - that's what happens when you're on the wrong end of a good sword! Fortunately, high calibre assistance is readily available nearby.

Yes, when I only have the normal swords I avoid all fighting when possible and depend on my officers to keep me alive. I do lots of running.

Back