• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Tools, Tutorials and Information

How to convert sailorpoints to walkfile when converting a ship from COAS to POTC.

First you need "Converter" available somewhere around here. It is easy to use and converts the COAS walkfile,ini to a POTC walkfile.

Take that walkfile.c and put it in POTC---->program---->SEA_AI---->walk.

Then go to POTC---->program---->ships---->shipsinit.c. In the entry for the ship there that you have already created find the line REFSHIP.WALK. Make it refship.walk = "your walkfile name";

Then go to POTC---->program---->SEA_AI---->shipWalk.c. It opens in notepad.

There you will find a list that says: #include "sea_ai\walk\Revenge_walk.c" //Hylie Pistof Add a line with the name of your walkfile on the bottom.

Scroll down to the next list and add your walkfile init on the bottom.

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the file page. Study those files carefully. You will want to copy and paste one of those onto the bottom of the page.

Do that. Then everywhere you see a ship name, erase it and put in your ship name from REFSHIP.WALK in shipsinit.c.

When you are done, save it. Then start POTC, hit F11, change scenes, and you should have a crew.

Thanks for this tutorial, it will be highly useful for those wanting to try porting ships themselves. I've added a link to the first post. :doff

Can you remember that 'somewhere' the Converter is located? I can add a link to the first post to make it easier to find.

I found it! :treas Again! :mi

Converter is on the COAS FTP down towards the bottom. :doff

Just updated the first post to include a link to a new tutorial I've written about using locators. ;)

why there is no link to tutorial in download section? its pdf even the name dont suggest that its tutorial for modding it realy helped me to get started
edit: ouch:facepalm

Probably because that PDF file comes with Build 14; you can find it in the Documentation folder. :wp

I've just made a major update to the first post to fix all the outdated forum links. They all work properly, now (though many threads still have messed up formatting). :doff

I am finally getting all the Modding Tools back together in a sensible way. See here:
http://piratesahoy.net/build/tools/
This contains a fair few that I don't think have been available for quite some time. Most notably:
- Maya Plugins INCLUDING the Grass Generator and Walk Patch generating tool
- Various Help Files showing how the Maya files were set up prior to exporting to GM for ships, locations, character models, etc.
- Ship walk files generators for PotC+AoP/CoAS including a conversion program between the two

I'm pretty sure one of the XY or YZ or something values are the locator angles; should be quite possible to rotate.
minicourse in rotating locators with the TOOL.

xx = zz and xz = -zx always.

xx = 1 xz = 0 normal, default direction
xx = -1 xz = 0 180 degrees
xx = 0 xz = 1 90 degrees to the right
xx = 0 xz = -1 90 degrees to the left
xx = 0 xz = 1 45 degrees to the right

I have just run into a snag with the Converter tool for converting sailorpoints into walk files.

It comes with the .EXE and COMDLG32.OCX. But when you try to use it it says that OCX is not found. Methinks that OCX is supposed to go somewhere, but where? The only clue I have is that it is an activeX file.

Oh yeah. It worked fine in Win7 64 but I am now in Win8.1 64.

I just have both files in a folder under C:\Game Files\Mod Tools, and it still works for me on Win 8.1 64-bit.

Perhaps the key is to keep it outside of Program Files? :shrug

It was in my C: \ downloads folder. I just moved it to C:\ convertor and and then D:\ convertor and it still doesn't work.

Hmm. Have you tried running it as an Admin?

Back