• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Updating the Interface Textures

Cassadar

Freebooter
Storm Modder
I just want the time that the ship's crew (not Officers) invade another ship, has better weapons, you have, as I do this?
Just fill the Weaponslocker in your captain's cabin with enough weapons, so that everyone on your ship gets one, and your whole crew will use them at the next boarding. :yes Works also with potions and bandages.

Not in particular. If you want, try to be creative. :cheeky
How about this:
bling.jpg

That looks pretty cool! I wonder how that appears when you use the blue interface,
Not bad, at least for me.
island-blue.jpg

I see you're marking the location of the town too, which is a pretty nice idea. At the moment though, the pictures are island-specific, not town-specific.
I know, I forgot to add the other town (it was late *cough*). But if it's possible to make the code town-specific I can make separate pictures for them. :yes

How about this:
bling.jpg

Cool! This makes me wonder whether it would look better to use the islands from the Archipelago Map texture. That would require less work, at least.

That would require less work, at least.
It's a pretty simple task to make a coloured version, compared to the whole maps I usually create (have a look). Anyway, it looks like this then:

islands.jpg

Personally I prefer it a bit more "coloured" (contrasts; good for the eyes and it fits in with the rest of that interface), but I will do what all the others like better.

Finished all the islands and included Cartagena (Click). The new file is 1024x1024 and half of the picture is blank for now, but if you still want to add more towns in the future you'll need this anyway. Needs also a bit tweaking in the code, because the interface doesn't recognize the new size.

I'll see what I can do to make it work! :doff

BTW: I had been thinking and making one image per TOWN instead of ISLAND might be harder than I though.
Any chance you could make one with island-specific ones instead of town-specific ones too?
I'm just about beginning to get enough of complicated coding problems (UGH! FLAGS!!! :sick )

You mean all towns on one picture, like it was intended in the first place? No problem.
<- *be right back*

Like it used to be, yes. Might be easier to make it work that way. :facepalm

Is there actually ANY point in the "Colonies" interface showing all the towns on the islands instead of just the islands themselves?
The Map Interface now shows the towns too. And the import/export prices seem to be the same all over the island. Right??? o_O

Well, looks like I got it to work properly! Cozumel was missing, so I took the town-less version of Antigua and turned it 180 degrees.
That completes the whole set. And Colombia is prepared in the code for when we "promote" it to actual town.

... God, I'm getting old. Which file did you use for all the islands, the one with towns or the one without them? If you wish I'll add the real Cozumel. Shouldn't take me that long.

The one WITH the towns, of course. Looks much nicer. :cheers
If you want to do the real Cozumel, that'd be welcome too. I've got it in the spot below Cartagena.

Much better than what I did; thanks! :woot

I'm not yet sure HOW to get those different animated flags used properly. Especially not a NEW one like the USA.
To start out with, perhaps you could just swap the French fleur-de-lis with the Napoleonic one on icons5.tga.tx ?
At least then we'll be able to see if the game uses the period-correct files at all.

To start out with, perhaps you could just swap the French fleur-de-lis with the Napoleonic one on icons5.tga.tx ?
At least then we'll be able to see if the game uses the period-correct files at all.
Okay, I'll do that. But now... I need to sleep; good night! :doff

Wow, that is COOL! :woot

I have been looking at the code for the flags a bit and may know how to get it to work. As a quick test, could you upload a file with that Napoleonic French flag appended at the bottom of the texture?
Then I can see if I can convince the game to show that one as US flag. That way, we can test if the system works before you spend a lot of time at making the real one. :doff

Which location is he in? When you stand in front of him, press [O] and you should get an interface that tells you his nationality.

It would appear that Pirate_KK already updated the code to allow for a 512 pixel high animated flags file; I just didn't notice it until now.
So that means we'll be able to get the USA added properly. So by all means, please update the file for that too! :cheers

Back