• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Updating the Interface Textures

Could you be convinced to do a custom interface picture for the cannons of the Flying Dutchman? They're severely overpowered. :wp
You really like the idea to keep me busy, don't you? :cheeky (/joke)
Of course I can do that, where are the cannon pictures located? It could take me a while though, I feel a bit sick today.

Yep, that's the one. We just need one more that looks "special" in some way.

Busy with the portrait files at the moment. It's a bit difficult to replicate this "painted" effect from the first 20 pictures, and the best I could've come up with yet is this:
face_23.jpg

Well, I think it's not good enough.

As far as I'm concerned, you don't even need to bother with special effects. The most important for me is that the borders match and that there aren't any substandard ones left.
Ideally also use pictures from the films for all relevant PotC and Hornblower characters, but that isn't very important either. Simple does the trick. Especially with the amount of portrait files there are. :facepalm

As far as I'm concerned, you don't even need to bother with special effects. The most important for me is that the borders match and that there aren't any substandard ones left.
Ideally also use pictures from the films for all relevant PotC and Hornblower characters, but that isn't very important either. Simple does the trick. Especially with the amount of portrait files there are.
Finished; at least I think I am. [Portraits] (63 MB)
There are some models which have a very weird texture, so there's not much I can do about; except for a complete re-texture.

About some portraits:
- Tia Dalma shares the same portrait with another model; new portrait for her: face_90.tga.
- Henry Wellard and Jack Hammond share the same model and portrait (Wellard_18). New portrait for Hammond: face_541.tga.
- Oldroyd and Able Seaman Stanley share the same model/portrait (RNSail03HB; not found in initModels.c); Oldroyd's portrait: face_542.tga.
- Couldn't find Styles (StylesHB) and Thomas Wolfe (WolfHB) in initModels.c.
Wolfe: face_543.tga, Styles: face_544.tga
The Hornblower portraits should be correct (and I'm paranoid here, because my mind is like a sieve sometimes), otherwise... Well, you may rip me to shreds then. :whipa

Wow, that's INCREDIBLE! I have just made the code alterations required for the notes you made. Will be included in the next update.
Thanks a lot for doing this! :cheers

Edit: Any chance you can have a look at "Captain Harvey" too? Model "BrtcptH_18".

Edit 2: Could you use this guy for Commander Hornblower?
PeckHornblower.jpg

That's the Captain Hornblower from this absolutely awesome film: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043379/

Gregory Peck was in the movie in the 1950s, Ioan griffud was in the mini series.
Yep. But we can pretend that Gregory Peck is an older Ioan Gruffudd, no? :wp

I'd like to, but... I can't remember if he even was in the films. Way too long ago, I'm blank.
Can't remember either. Might have been in "The Examination for Lieutenant".
Anyway, thanks a lot! :cheers

Yep. But we can pretend that Gregory Peck is an older Ioan Gruffudd, no? :wp

Can't remember either. Might have been in "The Examination for Lieutenant".
Anyway, thanks a lot! :cheers
Of course. T TV series was set the begining of his career. The movie was in the middle of his career.

Cassadar, do you think you could make an alternate version of face_101.tga.tx with a Napoleonic French flag?
And perhaps a generic one we can use for all BuildingSet character models?

Also:
face_458 should be another Captain Sawyer: can you find a different picture of him?
face_466 should be Lieutenant Kennedy: can you find a different picture of him?
face_473 should be Lt. Quelp: is he even in any of the films?
face_475 should be another Bracegirdle: can you find a different picture of him?
face_477 should be another Pellew: can you find a different picture of him?

And perhaps we can add in a proper one for Lady Barbara:
11402-2896.jpg

Cassadar, do you think you could make an alternate version of face_101.tga.tx with a Napoleonic French flag?
And perhaps a generic one we can use for all BuildingSet character models?
You mean two ones, or should I overwrite face_101 ? And how should the generic one look like?

Also:
face_458 should be another Captain Sawyer: can you find a different picture of him?
face_466 should be Lieutenant Kennedy: can you find a different picture of him?
face_473 should be Lt. Quelp: is he even in any of the films?
face_475 should be another Bracegirdle: can you find a different picture of him?
face_477 should be another Pellew: can you find a different picture of him?
Ouch, did I really choose the wrong ones? I'll make new portraits then, but I think I need to watch the series again; it's all on Youtube anyway. No idea about Lt. Quelp though.

You mean two ones, or should I overwrite face_101 ?
An additional one, so we can use it for the French uniforms in the last time period.

And how should the generic one look like?
Come to think of it, perhaps just a full alpha map will do. Not sure if alpha maps work on portraits, but that way you wouldn't see them at all.
It's just weird to face a bunch of trees and see face_226.tga.tx appear in the upper left corner of the screen. o_O

Ouch, did I really choose the wrong ones? I'll make new portraits then, but I think I need to watch the series again; it's all on Youtube anyway. No idea about Lt. Quelp though.
Nothing is wrong. There were just some that are still screenshot-based. :shrug

No idea about Lt. Quelp though.
If I type "Lieutenant Quelp" into Google Search, the only "sensible" results I get are referenced to the PiratesAhoy! forum.
So looks like he is an invention of Short Jack Gold's. :rofl

I just tested the alpha map for BuildingSet characters and that does work. So you don't have to worry about that one anymore. :doff

Now as for getting their "name" to NOT appear, eh?
Edit: Done too. That does help in making these guys NOT too obvious.

Back