• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Updating the Interface Textures

Cassadar, one other thing that sprang to mind: All the pirate and personal flags were re-arranged, but I don't think the pennants were updated accordingly.
Could you have a look at the following files to see if the pennants match up with the actual flags?

In RESOURCE\Textures\flags:
perflg1.tga.tx
perflg2.tga.tx
perflg3.tga.tx
perflg4.tga.tx
perflg5.tga.tx

pirflg1.tga.tx
pirflg2.tga.tx
pirflg3.tga.tx

Cassadar, one other thing that sprang to mind: All the pirate and personal flags were re-arranged, but I don't think the pennants were updated accordingly.
Could you have a look at the following files to see if the pennants match up with the actual flags?
The pennants are perpnt(x).tga and pirpnt(x).tga? They are all different.

If possible, can you look at the pirate flags too? Especially the pennants that have images on them too. They can look a bit weird at times....
No problem. It's necessary anyway, there are seven pirate flags in pirflg(x).tga, but on the pennant textures only six in total. No idea what the game would do, if you choose the last flag.
... Or is this intended?

No problem. It's necessary anyway, there are seven pirate flags in pirflg(x).tga, but on the pennant textures only six in total. No idea what the game would do, if you choose the last flag.
... Or is this intended?
Uhm.... I don't think so. I just counted them myself though and saw 7 on all files.

Also note that personal 6 and pirate 4-6 are no longer used. You can remove those files to prevent confusion; that's what I did in my game version too.
The next proper release will have RunMe.bat taking care of that, as well as the removal of a lot of other no longer used files.

Uhm.... I don't think so. I just counted them myself though and saw 7 on all files.
... ... *looks closer* ...
Dammit, I've opened the folder of an older version! :rumgone Nevermind. Most of the pennants still don't match though, so I'm not a complete idiot... *cough*
*sneaks away*

No worries. Thanks a LOT for doing all this!

And I just found out how to get the game to load a different RESOURCE\Textures\BATTLE_INTERFACE file at sea based on the time period.
This applies to all_nations.tga.tx and small_nations.tga.tx . Any chance you could have a look at updating those too?
See attached for the sample files. That "yellow and red striped flag" is, I think, your personal one. You can use the PiratesAhoy! logo there same as on the worldmap flags.
I think if that is done, that completes every single flag shown in the game to be correct. :woot

Attachments

• BATTLE_INTERFACE.zip
    143.2 KB · Views: 76
Wow, those are some DETAILED pennants. Not sure if all those logos would look good at the small pennant-size though.
This is what it looks like in the game:
Pennants.jpg

For most, I think simple colours would do. For example, I'd say it is enough if the pennants in this case are the same as the regular English pennants:
EnglishPennants.jpg

pennant.jpg
Not that bad, but I think someone should test them and post some screenies of those, which don't look good. Can't do that for myself, I feel a bit dizzy and I have no idea why that is. I think, I should better go to bed.

Nice looking pennants. Simple is better for them, especially when used on warships with their thin ribbons.

Something is different about the colonies interface. It now no longer locks onto the colony you are at first but starts with a random colony. Sometimes it is even blank until it is scrolled to the next colony.

Nice looking pennants. Simple is better for them, especially when used on warships with their thin ribbons.
Good, will do that as soon as I feel better. The pennant that Pieter has shown is a very good pattern; should be possible to do something nice but yet simple in that style.

Wip16: Someone has been fixing with portraits recently.
I like most of it, Hornblower, Assasin etc. :onya

1) But something has been messed up. See the attached file. Styles I would say.
2) I want the 3 portraits of Pyle just as they were before wip16. (Different zooming)

Attachments

• Blackbeard's head.jpg
    Blackbeard's head.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 104
Uhm.... Cassadar, would you mind having a look into Jack Rackham's requests?

Look into Flags and DEFINETELY look into captains, who are persuaded to become your officers at sea. There is definitely something messy in that direction. Also take a look at the thumbnails, even though that might be because of the "captured captains" - when I had the Captains of Bark and Galleon switched, the Bark was displayed with an anon thumbnail, too. So it might really be caused by the not-so-volunteer-officers. Hell, maybe these captains are even responsible for the messy flags. Would make sense since the dubious captain was in command of the Treasure Galleon, when it showed a wrong flag. Also he was in command, when it didn't show any flag whatsoever and would only do so as soon as I swapped myself on it.
Sounds like they don't properly join your fleet after capture then until a location reload. I doubt it is related to flags; that is just graphical.

Back