• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released USS Constitution upgrade

Holy crap! Where the heck was I in all this? :facepalm The progress on her is looking wonderful. Still need someone to test her? I got kinda caught up in real life crap so that's why I dropped off the map again. Seems to happen every so often. lol Sorry about that.

Yep same here bud, RL seems to take over and before i know it weeks/months have passed.

Anyway the work on here sure does look amazing and when she is released will be sailing straight into GOF and update our version of her.:yes

Good work bud, keep going she looks amazing.:onya

Ayup, she's a fine looking ship she is. I'm still stuck in that one corner working on the lifeboat rigging. A modeler might have to relocate the rearmost block. I despair of ever getting those lines to look good. Also, it really does not show in this wip screenie but the heavy ladders going up the masts have odd looking textures. Please don't say new masts are needed!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/C17a2A3gMN/POTC screenies/Connie-16.jpg

Oh, I also found out what was happening to the Dropbox pics. When one right clicks on a pic in the menu are two choices. Copy link location and copy image location. Selecting "link" works but selecting "image" does not.

Luke159: At the top of the forum in the "downloads" section I have a Dropbox that contains all of the ships I have been working on. The ones that have not made it into POTC yet are in the "after beta 2.2" folder. there might be some ships in those folders that have not made it into GOF yet.

The color on the shrouds (the ladder jiggers?) actually looks really good. More like tar than before.

If possible we should keep the color. They wouldn't have looked like ropes to begin with. They would have been tightly wrapped with marline (basically jute twine). I suppose that it would be a good idea to get rid of the tree bark, though.

For this specific version, I'd get rid of the main t'gallant and main middle stays'ls (the highest two between the main and foremast) and the mizzen topmast stays'l (highest one between main and mizzenmast). I think we should save the dimensions and use them on other versions.

Other than that, I think that there shouldn't be any flags at the to of the fore and mizzenmasts, since those wouldn't have been flown regularly. I couldn't see the ensign on the spanker, so I don't know about its size.

Besides the flag not lining up with the spanker, the whole thing looks perfect to me.

She looks excellent Hylie, nice work! Much more organised than the original rigging. :onya
I guess this means she's almost fully release worthy, with the exception of a modified walk/sailorspoints file.

The FR, RN and US Battlefrigates will be updated too, probably with Captain Armstrong's alternative hull design (once I export her to GM).
They may need different rigging arrangements to the Constitution, for variety's sake, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Looks great! Amazing work hylie! Can't wait.
To sail her when I get back in a few days. The
Only difference ( in terms of work left to be done)
With the other model based off of the USS president is
That the bowsprit is at a slightly shallower angle, so
Any rigging and the bottoms of the jibs and such
Will need to be tweaked, bit nothing like the amount
Of work you have already done on her. Thanks again
For getting her in game!

Did you ever get the flag to line up with the after-end (leech) of the spanker?

Pretty much. That is a huge flag so I left the bottom corner a little bit forward to represent bend and flex of the rope, gaff, and boom.

Back