• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What d'yall think of the new Akella game in the headlines?

Sailor_Al

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Just looking at
newproject_0006.jpg

I'm pumped! I'm hoping they've gotten rid of those horrid cartoony figureheads we're plagued with in POTC, and the swordfight image is motivating too! This ship has a paint scheme and a hull form I think is reasonable. And look at all those ropes! It looks really good!

I'm not sure what "Sea Dogs meets LotR: Return of the King" means, but for what little we're told on the Front Page I'm motivated. Due out at the same time Sid Meier's Pirates! is? If I have to choose, and I will because I won't spend that much money on gaming all at once, this baby's got the edge!

Those two shots look really good, you can see in the chractermodels a difference in color and detail from POTC. The ship looks good too but I dont see anyone on the deck though :D

If you think the swordfighting screens look good, check them out in action!

http://members.westnet.com.au/sampow/akella.avi

Watching that dude go running off the stairs is pretty funny. :D

The bit about no men on the ship: If this is the same engine that is being used for POTBS (I'm pretty sure POTBS is using Storm 2.0) they aren't planning on having li'l men running around the ship until a while after they initially release it, so I don't know if we'll be seeing them in this game either...

Wow. Yeah, there is no contest between this and Pirates! for me. Well...I'll likely get Pirates! for my little girl. :D

Is this what SDII was destined to be, until Beth and Disney got their claws into it?

I just really hope that Akella gives us a few more tools to work the game, this time. Something that will allow us to import and export new models, modify dialogue and code strings more readily. A sort of Construction Set, ala MW.
Hey look! A floating cannon! :D

I hope this is POTC as it was ment to be, before Disney dug there claws into such a great game. :D:

Sampow POTBS is using Akellas 2,5 engine and that ship I am sure is using Akellas new engine,looks awsome, If the gameplay is as good as what the ship looks like,I will buy it for sure. :D

<!--`QuoteBegin-Grumblepunk`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Grumblepunk)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hey look! A floating cannon! :D[/quote]

Oh that just got blown off the ship by a bomb, GP! :D

I noticed that too. At first glance I thought it was a swivel gun.

i simply LOVE the way the sails look, so much more realistic, aged look to it. alas! real ropes! or thats what they look like, so realistic. and what a beautiful statue on the front of the ship...so origional!

The smoke and fire effects look very much more real too. I hope the way you mod the game stays relatively the same, cause I'm only just getting into ship building with PotC.

yeh it looks nice, I hope it dosnt go the linear way of LOTR, its fun for an hour bu sucks after a while.

I think it is Wonderfull!

The new engine is certaintly more powerfull and well balanced, from the waves themselves to the detail of texturing and the pixel shading, even the particles!

The Ship of cource, is a dream comming true. Not only the ropes but many other details in the decks, the cannon ports, the rigging, the sails and the texturing of the sails are all breathtaking.

Contant positive improvement, this will have higher minimum specs for computers, but I think that would not be a major problem.

It is all so great!!! :D

One thing more, I hope there are officers and deckhands on the deck of ye ol' ship

And i hope it's possible to join the Navy ranks of all the Nations (especialy England of course) with complete Uniform set and so on, but i think this is something we have to mod in "AGAIN" :D

Dont worry guys, im sure ill be getting a Q&A with them soon for it :D

Yeah, no joke. I am doing backflips over here just thinking about these things under full sail, skimming a coastline. Man... More screenies! More interviews! Release date! :D

<!--`QuoteBegin-Lord_Kosmos`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lord_Kosmos)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->And i hope it's possible to join the Navy ranks of all the Nations (especialy England of course) with complete Uniform set and so on, but i think this is something we have to mod in "AGAIN"  ;)[/quote]

And we will sure do, since Moding Tools and SDK are planned for Future Akella Game releases!

For sure we will Mod! It is more than a delight to do so for this extraordinary series of games that they make!

;)

Back