• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What d'yall think of the new Akella game in the headlines?

I think modders are going to take more to the new Akella projects rather than Pirates! i think most prefer the real 3D meaty stuff rather than working with 2d stuff.

I dunno much about it but id probably compare it to a Morrowind vs NWN type thing, now im not 100% but id say there are about 100 times more mods for Morrowind than NWN and that was 3d...just small ;)

Yah have to admit Akellas screen shots of their new pirate and PT boat games look impressive,I hope the gameplay is equally as good so the modders won't have to work as hard to make it better as far as coding goes. ;)

They got any more screenies of their PT boat game?

I've just seen the basic four. I'd love to see an Elco 77 or 80. And I'd like to see a Pacific looking island, though I've about given up on that with them... ;)

Well, Since SD Akella games are 3D ;) in the Pirate Theme.

But I do not think 2D or 3D has anything to do with it, but rather, what the favorite game is made of. If the interests shift to PT boats lets say, and that was made in 2D modders would be moding 2D.

The point is that there will be formally released Moding tools, whatever the nature of the game is it will insite Modding and that is the greatest part of it! :(

For instance, PT Boats, the player can play a nice series of small Patrol Boats, but it will not be long before someone would want to be able to play a Sub or a Destroyer or even a Battleship, and here is when Moding comes in to play. ;)

Thanks for the update Duke,that is Kool that Akella is going to release modding tools for both games ;)

<!--`QuoteBegin-Fred_Bob`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fred_Bob)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Arrr, Sailor Al! Here be de link tew Akellas new site:

http://www.`pt-boats`.net/PT_web/index1_e.htm

Take a look see, matey!  ;)[/quote]

Sweeeeet... They've even got a PBY flying boat - the CATALINA! ;)

http://www.`pt-boats`.net/PT_web/p...y-5a_e`.htm

This looks good... I sure could get into this one myself! Been a WW2 buff for quite some time now.

At the risk of repeating myself once again, Akella sure does nice work! :!:

WOW those screen shots are fantastic,Love the pic of the flying boat and the G5 soviet sub looks awsome. ;)

<!--`QuoteBegin-skull`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skull)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Thanks for the update Duke,that is Kool that Akella is going to release modding tools for both games ;)[/quote]

Hehe, well actually the Update came from Keith and the Q&A with Alexander ;)

But thanks for having the habit in thanking me after each of my posts! :p

<!--`QuoteBegin-Fred_Bob`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fred_Bob)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Arrr, Sailor Al! Here be de link tew Akellas new site:

http://www.`pt-boats`.net/PT_web/index1_e.htm

Take a look see, matey!  :cheeky[/quote]

Whoah, thanks old friend!

I was pleasantly surprised that they're including actual combat areas, including my old stomping grounds the Med! I noted with interest that there was some talk of adding the Pacific later by `add-on`. Good stuff! 8)

I must add that I liked the screenies, too. Very atmospheric!

Hello Guys im just new here :cheers well do you know when is the release date of this unnamed pirate game? :p: because i cant wait :p:

Can i ask something :b: maybe it sounds silly but when this game is finished in making will this game be distributed in the Philippines well im just asking :? hehe :cry

Dunno mate, but ill ask if it will be delivered online ala Steam so that might give you a bit of a clue :?

What the..?! Chernobyl SeaDogs?

http://www.akella.com/`pub-chernobylse...s`-ru.shtml

chernodog1.jpg

chernodog2.jpg

chernodog3.jpg

chernodog4.jpg

Back