• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Whehre is the darn treasure

Tall ship

Landlubber
(un)dead monk promised me piles of treasures in the crypt, but i found not a single gem, or gold piece, or well anything useful, only a bunch of obsolete swords and a few jars and low value items, i was not hacking away my way through cursed crypt for that. If he was not already dead i would have kill him.

Hehe. Those accursed monks. I have actually never survived down there, so have no idea what is down there as to treasure.

Well it helps to be LvL 22, there are at least 3 hidden treasure chests, but they seem to follow the rules like other treasure chests, which for this build means little treasure and loads of swords, i suggest you revert to original POTC system with loads of gems and potions etc and only occasional sword and even that should be only good ones, none is happy to find yadgatans or sabers after first half an hour of play.

maybe a classic case of a tale of fake treasure to lure the unwary? the lesson is never trust a monk, especially an un-dead one! Still if it is a quest line, you could try posting in the relevent quest line thread as it does sound like an error of some kind.

essentially it is not a quest, but why would undead monk say with his last breath that Maltese knights hid their treasure in the catacombs, and why would knights defend a scrapyard?It does not add up nor does it seem fake, only outdated, my theory is that monastery was coded before swords were made so frequent in chests all over archipelago, maybe since then none managed to slash trough undead guard to see the unforeseen side effects, or none taught it was wort the trouble.

Hmmm. Those do not sound like treasure chests. It sounds like you were finding regular equipment chests. Methinks it's time to go in there using the back door and look around.

Hmmm. Those do not sound like treasure chests. It sounds like you were finding regular equipment chests. Methinks it's time to go in there using the back door and look around.

Well they are not rely chests , they were piles of dirt you need to dig out with your sword, still they are acting just like chests, but watch out some of them contain immortal foe.

Note that the Maltese Kngith Abbey lost some functionality in the recent Build releases.
I've only been able to figure out why recently and the fix is in Patch 7 WIP 2, which is available but not an official patch yet.

Ok, what is going on? :shrug

I made it to Bridgetown and went down into the Abbey. While wandering around down there I found the exit to the Speightstown dungeon, and later I got into the big part of the crypt where I died. Having neglected to save I got to start over. This time I stayed in the first section till I had killed all of the monks. Then went looking for the next section. It's not there!

Is it supposed to be like this? Another trip down will tell the tale.

Ok, what is going on? :shrug

I made it to Bridgetown and went down into the Abbey. While wandering around down there I found the exit to the Speightstown dungeon, and later I got into the big part of the crypt where I died. Having neglected to save I got to start over. This time I stayed in the first section till I had killed all of the monks. Then went looking for the next section. It's not there!

Is it supposed to be like this? Another trip down will tell the tale.

Exactly the same thing happened to me, luckily there is another entrance in the sewers.

Yeah. I went down there again and killed all of the monks except the one guarding the entrance to the Speightstown dungeon (sewers). I wonder who was the guy in the kilt? :nerbz Then went searching and found the entrance to the next level. While wandering aimlessly down there I stumbled across the entrance to the Barbados caves. :facepalm Couldn't turn around and go back, so had to find the jungle exit and hike back across the island to Bridgetown. Then lost interest in going down there again.

Pieter: I was using the magical sword and it never broke.

So the unqualitized blades no longer break now? Success on that account!

So what exactly is wrong with the Maltese Knight Abbey in Patch 7 WIP 2?

It's a learning experience. I did not know that when you kill all of the monks in the Abbey, all of the doors to other areas close. :hmm

One thing that does bother me is that the gateway from the crypt to the caves is one way. When you stumble across it you have to hike all the way across the island and start over in the Abbey. :j3

This is its own quest. I haven't finished it and have used around 100 bandages and such, and over 150 grenades. I gotta leave and restock! :rumgone

I suggest not using grenades, they are strong but at such close quarters they'll damage you as much as your foe, brace of large pistols will serve you much better, especially if you use number 2 exploit, anyway don't even try without golden armor(Gregor Samsa- Spielgstown/Oxbay port usually have one even early on) and by no means let them surround you or you're dead, i hold my retreat button on my middle mouse button, my attack on left mouse button and defense on right mouse button, also it helps to bring several swords as one will soon get worn, you'll be using a lot of defense.

There is a strategy to using the grenades. The monks usually show themselves at a goodly distance and some get killed before they draw a blade.

Golden armor? Wouldn't leave home without it. And I'm using a magical sword that never wears out. But no other exploits.

There is a strategy to using the grenades. The monks usually show themselves at a goodly distance and some get killed before they draw a blade.

Golden armor? Wouldn't leave home without it. And I'm using a magical sword that never wears out. But no other exploits.

:hmm on what difficulty are you playing?

Swashbuckler. :2guns But I don't really recommend it. It was brutal up until Black Bart posted his latest LAIfightparams.c file. Now I still die, but I have a fighting chance. Up until level 20 or so I was basically dead meat out there. Now I'm at level 32 with a melee skill of 9. :ixi

Call me whatever you want, but I decided to use the god mode cheat to check the place out it a reletively quick time, as I lost my mind when I died everytime I entered. Only ever time I used god mode. I turned it off when I couldn't find anything else. All I know of is those vents that give you extra max HP. I hear stuff about digging from the monks,...or something along those lines. As I seemed to have gathered somewhat around here, is that the abbey does not seem to be functioning fully and is incomplete as of P7 WIP 2.

P.S. What is this "Magical Sword" you speak of Hylie? I never heard of those :mm I must be missing something somewhere :keith

I have found 2 so far. If you are at at least level 15 go to Port au Prince and do the Angelique Moulin quest. It's a bit buggy so save often. Then read the book, and go get the first one. That was the only one I knew of until very recently, when I found another one buried in some bushes. I call them magical because they never wear out and give you +1 melee skill.

Back