• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Where to get HMS Victory?

Thanks Mr. Ryan. Hmm I think I'm ok now with just having the Victory, just want to see it in game. I dunno but I don' feel doing missions for Merchants, too lazy to sail away from my home port. What I do is to get LOM and do missions given by the governor kinda boring but I get used to doing it attacking the same ship, boarding it then claiming reward then sell the ship after a few days ingame I have enough money to buy a ship from Vanderdachen? don't know the spelling lol. I choose the black Pearl then i go ransack every enemy colony and there! Im rich then go back to the governor receive promotions and do more quests until he gives me the task of battling 1st rates :D

Wise choice my man, I'm just glad I could be of a little help. Hope to see a "Wanted" poster with you on it that reads: "WANTED Dead 5,000,000 Guineas"
Bloody hell I'll give it all to bring any part of you to the Gov'nah and claim the B.P. as my flagship, Doi!

Anyways, Mr. Ryan? Heck no just call me Toni. Im only 20 this year o_O?

Just ask a Moderator, and the post 'magically' disappears... :cheeky

@Toni, the same goes for you if you want to change your name... well, except for the magically disappearing bit. ;)

Well I certainly had nothing to do with it... nope, nothing at all. :wp

Hi there, at the moment im playing the master and commander campaign and was wondering if there was a way in this campaign to get HMS Victory without changing the starting ship from HMS Surprise to HMS Victory.

Thanks alot
Galm99

Hi there, at the moment im playing the master and commander campaign and was wondering if there was a way in this campaign to get HMS Victory without changing the starting ship from HMS Surprise to HMS Victory.

You have to randomly encounter her at sea and manage to capture her.

Or, if you have a very high naval rank with England, you should be able to buy one when it appears in an English shipyard.

:drunk

Ok thanks alot, i think getting the rank will be abit easier lol

Btw can anyone post the repuation you need to rank up from commander in the British navy, and now it says on my relations commander (200+) and have still been commander from about (70) so i was curious if on the M&C storyline does not progess in the British rank scheme

Curious. Are you Commander or Commodore? The progression is Commander, Captain(at which point you should get a reward ship), and Commodore. Then it is Rear Admiral, Vice Admiral, Admiral, etc.

For some reason i took a long sail to barbados and back and then it has finally shown up, had 3 promotions waiting lol :onya

Thanks anyway

haven't encountered it until now, I'm even First Lord of Admiralty. Can't see it still in the shipyard.

Encountered what? :?
Probably the ship mentioned in the topic title... :rolleyes:

@Capt'n Rapier, you should be able to encounter her, but I did say she's quite rare.
Just to be sure, can you find the file 'ships_init.c' in PROGRAM/Ships, search for 'Victory1', and scroll down a little to verify that the line 'refShip.CanEncounter' is set to 'true'.
If it isn't... change it. If it is... be patient, she will appear at some point!

After a fair while as rear admiral i have finally managed to buy HMS Victory from Kingston, and thought the 108 gunned Endevour would look good sailing along side ;)

And was curious if that can be bought also?

There's only one place you can buy quest ships from... 'tis a place as can only be found by those who already know where it is...
... or by "obtaining a well known item from a well known person in a well known place". ;)
If you can figure that one out, you'll see a new island on the world map. There, you have to find a beached ship. Within that ship lies your prize.
Be warned, she's more expensive than other ships of the same class, just as all the quest ships are. :shock

Oh, and you need the Christmas Ship Pack for the 108-Gun Endeavour... without that, there's only a poor quality 90-Gun version.

Last time i visited he who shall not be named lmao, he only had the 90 gunned version's for sale, even though i have the christmas ship pack as i have the 104 gunned victory as we speak, so if i go in to the ship files and changed them to can be sold and can be encountered would that make them buy-able?

Yes it would, but the new one SHOULD be in the unique shipyard.
Try there again, and maybe press F11 for good measure. Purchase the Endeavour to confirm which version it is.
If it ISN'T there, let me know- because that would need fixing... :modding

Back