• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Widescreen settings

Well, I made a new USA install using the cd's and the installers I used to make a new European install 3 days ago.
The first difference was a ctd before I ever got out of the cabin with Malcolm, then it is using the old screen when going to sea.
Other than that it seems to be the same,except for possibly less FPS at sea. At least the hard drive isn't running continuously right now.

GAAA! GA is heavy! :sick

These aren't very good results. :/

I tried it myself, but even though I got better hardware now I still can't run build 14 properly. In the little testing I did I couldn't tell of a difference in performance between the versions. I didn't get any crashes, though. :shrug

Anyone else with the American version that would like to test and see how it goes for you?

A further update. :dance

There is less fps with the USA version. Not a whole lot, just 5-10 fps. Plus there were occasional slow downs of 20+ fps for no good reason.

I got in some sea battles and the GA was heavy plus the targeting circle was constantly blinking on and off meaning I missed many chances at taking a shot. Very frustrating.

I put the European engine.ini in last night and noticed better fps. I was even getting the max 60fps at sea! Got into a battle where the Postillionen lost its main mast and then surrendered with no GA and the targeting circle mostly stayed on instead of flickering.

After playing COAS for a month POTC land combat is at least 500% harder. It is faster and you die much much faster. Saw Clint Eastwood. After he tripped and died I sold the shotgun. POTC is also much easier on the eyes. The action is smoother and not harsh.

Now these are better results. :) It seems changing to the European engine.ini really does improve performance. Thanks for testing this, Hylie.

I just copied the text from the european engine.ini in mine (seems I have the US version), since I got some crashes and slow downs too, plus a weird graphic glitch sometimes. Don't know if thats my graphic card though. Will test it now..

Back