• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Windmill slayer in stock POTC

fjx

Promotion
Storm Modder
How to get the windmill slayer (sword) in vanilla game version (in Build it's easy)? I heard something about fighting Malcolm Hatcher, log messages at the top left corner of screen and pirate house on QC (Nevis in Build). And, does this method work in Build Mod 14? Thanks in advantage.
fjx
P.S. How about the corsair's pride in stock game?

I may be mistaken but I don't think the windmill slayer or corsair's pride are available in stock PotC.

You may be right about corsair's pride but someone must know a method how to get windmill slayer. I know you can. As I said it has something to do with Hatcher and pirate house.

Both the Windmill Slayer and the Corsair's Pride can be found in the stock game.

I don't do the quest to get the Windmill Slayer, but if you want to do it, here's how:

Start a new game. Wait for Malcolm Hatcher to come and talk to you and tell you to get your items. Go get your items and talk to him, he will tell you to equip your sword, pistol, and spyglass. Equip them and talk to him again. When he offers to teach you about swordplay, tell him to instead continue with today's schedule. When he talks about skills and abilities, tell him to continue with something else. You will now go to the port, and when he says that you can buy a spyglass now, tell him that you will do it, and he will tell you to follow him. Now kill him. You will get a message about killing your teacher. Now go to the town gate and enter the town and then exit to the port again - Malcolm will have respawned. Kill him again and repeat this until you reach level 6 - I guess it's "6" because of its connection with the Devil. Now sail to Quebradas Costillas and go to the "Strange house". You will get another message. You will now have the Windmill Slayer in your inventory.
I don't know if this method works in Build Mod 14.

The only way to get the Corsair's Pride is to find it on random officers in the taverns and exchange it for a sword they find "better". Exactly what constitutes as "better" I don't remember.

I hope this helps.

I got the game rather recently, but made it to level 20+ on Master and Commander, and I have to admit, I have yet to find unique weapons, except those handed out by the different nations... I've looked around a bit for quests and stuff, but didn't run into anything so far! Maybe someone could give me some hint or advice, that would be really appreciated!!

:ahoy

The M&C storyline is totally free play, with no quests. I can only think of unique weapons in the Sea Hawk and Assassin storylines. There might be something in the Bart O Port storyline, but I never got too far in it.

Thanks, that is good to know! Guess it is time to try the different storylines then, have been meaning to do that in a good while. But my 1st-rate is just so nice, I don't want to give her away
:ship

The only way to get the Corsair's Pride is to find it on random officers in the taverns and exchange it for a sword they find "better". Exactly what constitutes as "better" I don't remember.
Sabre of Nicholas Sharp

Corsair's Pride on random officers? That should NOT be happening. Should be unique. o_O

I think they're intended to have it. As long as it doesn't show up on RANDOM characters. They shouldn't have it.

This is an old thread and I for one have only seen the Corsairs Pride on English soldiers lately.

Sabre of Nicholas Sharp
Yes, I know that the Saber of Nicolas Sharp works, but I don't remember if there is anything else that they find "better".

Corsair's Pride on random officers? That should NOT be happening. Should be unique. o_O
This thread is about the stock game, where the Corsair's Pride can only be found on random officers. ;)

Yes, I know that the Saber of Nicolas Sharp works, but I don't remember if there is anything else that they find "better".
No, that's it. 'cause it's like the only unique one in the original stock game.

Any idea what might be the problem here? (Stock PotC)
It used to work fine but now it has these errors.
I tried to run the game(first pic) and run the config.exe(second pic)
Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Where'd you get the game from? We've seen that problem crop up before, but it never did make much sense.

I had the same problem..my installer works fine but then when I installed the mods and try to install the stock potc agin. me game won't start and shows the same things like that on the above pic.

Do you mean you installed the stock game, installed the mod to it, and then installed the stock game to the modded one?

Back