• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Windmill slayer in stock POTC

No no no! hehe xD

I forgot to make a back-up copy of my stock potc. So, i installed it again. The 2.5 + wip16 is outside the program files and working fine.

When I tried to play my stock potc, it doesn't work anymore. It shows the same problems like DavyJack's.

No, I didn't a change a thing when I installed it. I installed it the way I did the first time I installed it, when it worked only this time, it doesn't.

And yes, I also tried installing the Stock PotC outside program files and even outside disc C but still won't work. I tried the one in mega and it worked but I can't make modifications on it so I'm still figuring out how to make my former stock potc installer to work.

Hmmm. Try looking in your config and make sure it is set to 32 bit. That made it crash for me one time.

Do you have Intel graphics?

And yes, I also tried installing the Stock PotC outside program files and even outside disc C but still won't work. I tried the one in mega and it worked but I can't make modifications on it so I'm still figuring out how to make my former stock potc installer to work.
Why wouldn't you be able to edit anything on that? It's just a self-extracting ZIP file with the required stuff in it. :confused:

I've been wondering if all these "missed engine.ini" problems come from some bugged torrent version of the game.

Most likely. All of these weird problems started popping up at about the same time and some of them are known to be caused by that trash torrent.

Well yes, there is a problem with the sea.dll in the torrent but applied a fix I found here in the forum. And it worked. Installed the latest mod and wip which is cool! But when I tried to re-install my stock potc on a different folder(Also tried installing outside program files) it won't work anymore.

Well, at least I got the one. It works.

And I have another problem with the wip16. I get this error message after talking to the soldiers (in the standard storyline) upon my investigation in the captured colony and the Tavern Keeper who's supposed to back me up to trick the french officer keeps ignoring me. The same with other people in Oxbay.

"What do you want? I'm on duty! --Move along!"

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the one! That's exactly what happened to me! Man.:facepalm I thought I'm the only one here who's experiencing that weirdness.

I take back my statement about the Corsair's Pride. I checked the stock code, and it turns out the sword isn't used anywhere, including on random officers. So, it cannot be found in the game.

Back