• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Wishlist for Future Updates

What new weapons / functions would you like to see?

• Total voters
If you're interested, you can find a LOT of various possibly useful music files here: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Pieter%20Pirate%20Music/
I've found some more since, but haven't uploaded that yet.

Now look what you did . . . you got Muppet Treasure Island stuck in my head all over again. :facepalm

"There are bingo games every fun-filled day, and margaritas at the midnight buffet!" :))

I don't think i understood just how vast the collection of sounds in this game is. lol
mybad.gif

I definitely have my work cut out for me. this will take a while. I'm committed now. I'm almost done with the nature folder. Wait till you hear what it sounds like when you get caught in a storm now.
guns.gif

question. If this site will only let me upload 500K, how am I supposed to make it available to everyone? The stock game sound folder is like 850MB. With my changes, I wouldn't be surprised if the new sound folder hit 1GB.

Put it on the FTP: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/10288-piratesahoy-ftp/

question. If this site will only let me upload 500K, how am I supposed to make it available to everyone?
By using the PotC Files FTP, of course. See here for how to access it. :dance
When you have everything up and running, create your own folder like many others have done.
That becomes your personal storage space for your own work. To link to it in a post, see here, and copy the location of any files within your folder into a post.

There are... other methods which can grant you more upload quota on the forum itself, but not nearly as much as you might need in this case.
For example, if you were promoted to 'Modder' (which, by the way, may happen if you carry on like this... ;) ), then your upload quota is increased to something like 10 MB. (If I recall correctly)

EDIT: Uh-oh. Pieter's only gone and beaten me to it, again. I almost forgot what it's like when you're not at sea. xD:

10 MB it is, but that is BY FAR not enough for uploading big files; that's just intended to allow Modders to upload some more pictures and code files and such.

Ugh. I made a back up copy of the sound file and put in some of the new sounds to see how they would work. Some worked. some didn't. Hmmmm. Crap. The code thwarts me even in sound where I'm strong. How annoying. Like when I went out into a storm, instead of playing the big storm sound, it played the little rain sound. Kinda anti-climactic.
dunno.gif

Perhaps I should hold off on gathering sounds to figure out how the code assigns sounds and blah blah blah . . . lol

Who amongst you knows about the sound and how it works? I need some help.
modding.gif

It's frustrating. I'm really good at sound and drawing and designing things, but I have trouble with the programming code part of it.

I guess for now, I'll just work on that storyline.
poet.gif

Aren't you just replacing the existing files? If so, you shouldn't even need to change the code at all. :?

That's exactly what I'm doing. I guess my problem is actually that whatever moron made the names for the sounds in the stock game did't name them right. For example, they have named a file hurricane.wav but they assigned one of the rain.wav sounds to be the hurricane sound when you encounter a hurricane.
slap.gif

So because of that dunce, I'm gonna have to do a lot of extra trial and error to find out what sounds are really played where. Because even though a sound might be labeled jungle.wav, it doesn't necessarily mean that jungle.wav will play when you're in the jungle.
modding.gif

So I'll go ahead and keep collecting the new sounds. The new SFX for POTC is gonna be epic when it's done. We could release it as an optional SFX pack. And people could decide if they wanna use it or keep the stock game sounds. Perhaps when Mod 14 is completed, it could be incorporated into that if the SFX pack has enough success by itself.
bird.gif

I got some awesome ideas for the US storyline. The only part I'm not looking forward to is scripting dialogue for the characters. That's gonna be epic too if I can have some help bringing it to reality once I'm done writing it.
pirate_plain.gif

Just to give you a preview of what I'm doing, here is a snippet of the hurricane.wav from the game's stock SFX compared to the new hurricane.wav.
type_1.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqRlFCIj0bE

Notice a difference? lol
icon_mrgreen1.gif

All the game's sounds are being transformed that dramatically. Now you're gonna have much more realistic and higher quality sound when you play. I'll let you know when it's ready to be released. I'm excited about this.
danse1.gif

I discovered my skills as a photographer CAN be applied to the game. Check out this screenshot of the Pearl.
danse1.gif

I'm quite good at making videos, so I'm gonna try my luck at a vid of the game as well.
Maybe I could help you guys promote the game on MODDB.

That is BEAUTIFUL! If you let us know your ModDB username, we'll add you to our PiratesAhoy! group on there. :doff

Cool! I still have one or two videos to upload there, but it will be a while before I make any more. Go for it. :onya

My ModDB username is the same as it is here: Legendary_Spider.

I'm working on a video right now. Should be done in an hour. Give or take a few minutes.
me.gif

That's a good looking video. :bow I felt sorry for those two small French ships.

I tried to upload a 30 second video today but failed twice. Oh, do you know that if you hit F9 it removes the overlays so you get a clean screen?

Yes I do. I kept them on so I could see when I used an ability. But then I never did . . . lol Oh well.
dunno.gif

Yeah I suppose i could have sought out some bigger ships, but I felt like picking on the little guys. lol
razz.gif
Did you like the one near miss collision? Then I clipped the one and took it's mizzenmast off and then I just slammed into the last one for fun.
icon_mrgreen1.gif

Back