• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Fixing the Build Mod Ships

I think the pennant looks just right... you could even make it longer, but I don't think that would look good with the game's flag animation.

Edit: They generally only had one point, in case you're ludicrously concerned with historic accuracy like I am.

Edit: They generally only had one point, in case you're ludicrously concerned with historic accuracy like I am.

I think the banner alpha for pennants is like that, would have to change the alpha for all pennant files then, to be right.

This is a test. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76702168/POTC%20screenies/RN_Surprise-5.jpg

Your test seems to work. I can see the image just fine.
Nice job on the rigging, by the way! :onya

I quite like using the brigantine, but she only comes in one colour variation.

Are more variations planned? Could I just repaint the texture (which one is it, btw?) and make a few variations and you add them to the game?

That is an old ship that probably will not be updated, but eventually replaced. The hull is painted as one texture, so it is not easy to change colors. But! There are a total of 6 brig textures that can be used that are easy to change. What is needed is a hex editor (I use xvi32) and the ConvertorTX. The convertorTX is available in the downloads section at the top of the page. XVI32 is free online. The brigantine texture is called "bortoutbrig4". If you don't want to do it I could do it in half hour or so.

Here is the link to RN_Surprise. I hope! http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76702168/repaired%20ships/after%20beta%202/RN_Surprise.7z

got the RN_Suprise:onya I think I'll post my ships_init.c file in the ship encounter chances thread with all the changes you have made and some of my own that I have done to improve realism. (fixing max calibers mostly) so that It can be included in the next version of the build mod

That is an old ship that probably will not be updated, but eventually replaced. The hull is painted as one texture, so it is not easy to change colors. But! There are a total of 6 brig textures that can be used that are easy to change. What is needed is a hex editor (I use xvi32) and the ConvertorTX. The convertorTX is available in the downloads section at the top of the page. XVI32 is free online. The brigantine texture is called "bortoutbrig4". If you don't want to do it I could do it in half hour or so.

Well, I've done 4 varieties.
Princely white (slightly washed), Pirate blacke, and random redde and browne.

Brigantine-white.jpg Brigantine-blacke.jpg Brigantine-redde.jpg

If you think they could be useful, they can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2mz044q9mkvtl3s/bortoutbrig4 - trig.zip

I've just gotten to installing Hylie Pistof's ship model fixes. Some questions:
- Do we really not want any pennants on the Bounty and Edinburg Trader anymore? I like having pennants on ships.
- Neptunus 4,5,6,7 early: these are new ships, right? What do we want to do with these?
- Revenge 1,2,3: These still use the old pre-Beta 2 names. Which is which and what do we do with the deck textures?
- "USS_Enterprise": Does this change the schooner to a brig rigging? Is that what we want to include in the modpack?
- Postillionen times six? Do we need that many?

Some more questions based on the ships_init entries:
- Caravel1 and Caravel2 have changed pennant/ensign lines, but only the Caravel1 has updated model files. Is that correct?
- HMS Bounty cabin type change is intentional?
- FR_SotL gets two flags now instead of the prior 4?
- RN_FirstRate goes from 5 flags to 2 as well?
- BB changed the US_Hannah to have 16 guns. However, the model really only has 4.
- BB changed the PiratHannah to have 16 guns. However, the model really only has 12.
- RN_Surprise goes from 4 flags to 2?

Can you double-check if the attached ships_init.c file for Beta 2.2 looks correct to you? Apart from the above questions, of course?

Attachments

• Ships_init.zip
    51.7 KB · Views: 65
Finished ship models not yet included in the modpack:

- La Dilligente tartane new version: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/schiffsmodelle-ship-models-download.18867/#post-424284
- La Dilligente war tartane new version: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/schiffsmodelle-ship-models-download.18867/#post-424285
- Polacre: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/schiffsmodelle-ship-models-download.18867/#post-424286
- 20 Gun Privateer Schooner: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/20-gun-privateer-schooner.17648/page-22#post-424255
- Postillionen: already adapted by Hylie Pistof, to be decided how many we include - http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/remus77-postillionen.18338/page-4
- Early Neptunus: already adapted by Hylie Pistof, to be decided how many we include

Please post if you know of any others that we're missing out on here.

:facepalm I had a long reply with specifics written up and then it disappeared. :rumgone

All I will say now is that the changes made over the last six months by me were a good idea at the time, and there was usually plenty of discussion.
The flags/pennants are now historically correct.

Alright then. So could you at least check that ships_init.c file to check I'm not missing out on any changes?
And what about the newly added ships? Should we add all?

I will try again, and I am looking into the Ships_init.c from the only install (dead) that has all (most?) of the changes.

Bounty: The pennants are what was decided at the time. Before, we had merchant ships with flags/pennants for a warship and vice versa.
Early neptunus: They are the Neptunus with early rigging, so the dividing line between them should be 1720 or so, if I remember correctly. It was decided that this ship should be a 6th rate frigate.
Revenge: No idea. They might be some that I made for myself and put on the FTP for safe keeping.
USS Enterprise: Isn't that a fantasy ship? It is a brig and about all I changed was the spanker.
Postillionen: There is a paint job for every nation plus a generic one. Which nations do not need it? It still needs a modeler to finish it in Maya.
Caravel: This is a fix for the flags/pennants plus an update for one.
Bounty cabin: It had the cabin for a 1st rate SOTL before. I gave it a smaller one.
FR SOTL: All of the 1st rates now have the same flag/pennant layout. All 8 or more of them.
Hannah: BB changed the guns, then I changed them to what is actually there, but did not change the comments. I mainly just changed the spankers.
RN Surprise: Ayup.
I am finding the early Neptunus to be pretty common in shipyards. That might need to be adjusted.
La Dilligente and Polacker? :cheers

Ships_init.c:

PO_Caravel50: mast 5 on mine shows a pennant and yours shows a flag. No idea why.
HMS_Interceptor: I changed the waterline from 1.0 to o.6.
PO_Fleut50: Mast1, flag1 changed from ensign to pennant and mast3, flag1 changed from pennant to ensign to make it a merchant ship instead of a warship. The same changes were made to NL_fleut50.
Fleutwar: This line was added to give it a less bad walk file. refShip.Walk = "Fleut2";
SP_Galeon50: New flag layout.
refShip.Flags.Mast4.Flag1 = FLAG_PENNANT;
refShip.Flags.Mast3.Flag1 = FLAG_PENNANT;
refShip.Flags.Mast2.Flag1 = FLAG_ENSIGN;
refShip.Flags.Mast0.Flag1 = FLAG_PENNANT;
refShip.Flags.Mast1.Flag1 = FLAG_ENSIGN;
HMS_Mordaunt: new flag layout.
refShip.Flags.Mast4.Flag1 = FLAG_PENNANT;
refShip.Flags.Mast2.Flag1 = FLAG_PENNANT;
refShip.Flags.Mast1.Flag1 = FLAG_ENSIGN;
La Licorne: new flag layout to make it the same as the other wargalleons.
refShip.Flags.Mast4.Flag1 = FLAG_ENSIGN;
refShip.Flags.Mast1.Flag1 = FLAG_PENNANT;
refShip.Flags.Mast2.Flag1 = FLAG_ENSIGN;
refShip.Flags.Mast0.Flag1 = FLAG_PENNANT;

For the Caravels, I only have the Caravel1 updated model files and code updates for Caravel1+Caravel2, but not any of the others.
Should the Caravel2 code update have a model to go with it? And how about the other Caravels that are missing from my game altogether?
I do remember you did work on the Caravels before which was included in Beta 2.

Could you upload your most correct ships_init.c file so I can copy all your entries to ensure I've got the correct ones?

Indeed I think those Revenge files are the PRE Beta 2 files and don't need to be re-included.

Now I remember about the USS_Enterprise! The HMS Interceptor was played by a real-life replica that was supposedly based on this real-life ship.
If I recall correctly. Shouldn't be a fantasy ship though. She's references in Star Trek: Generations too.

What finishing needs to be done on the Postillionen? Is she not ready for inclusion yet?

Caravels: I updated caravel1&2 last summer and PO_Caravel last fall. This year I updated the flags and also updated the update to caravel1.

The Postillionen is playable but has a messed up path, walk file, and the hull needs smoothing so it doesn't look like an old AOP ship. Other than that it is a pleasant 6th rate frigate.

Here is the ships_init.c I was working out of from a dead install. I still have not gotten everything into the working install.

Attachments

• Ships_init.c
    659.6 KB · Views: 87
Back