• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

2 problems i am having.

is there any way to get an officers luck to benefit me?
He has 8 luck which would help me avoid coast guard
during smuggling.

actually, that's a good one. first mate isn't it, i think. maybe the quartermaster?

that reminds me of another issue. many of the quest officers have pretty good skills, but the wrong role on board, and you can't change their role on board due to a lack of dialogue for it. the officer on whom this has the biggest effect would probably be the one helping you escape with the french frigate. it would be a lot easier if there was an option in the passenger menu for it.

That function is there somewhere. Methinks it is in the passenger menu. You click on the officer and then the change role button lights up. Then you scroll thru the menu and make your choice.

Oh, the officers are supposed to help you at all times now, but to be on the safe side have him go with you as part of your shore party.

I made him first mate, and quartermaster but his luck was 0 in the passenger screen.

Also why do I get Horror of the High Seas from killing 1 person?
It's only when I kill a street merchant with my sword.
If i shoot him it doesn't happen.

There are two screens to look at. One gives an officers personal stats and the other shows his contribution to your stats.

You have to work at it to make Horror of the High Seas. :trio Striking an unarmed man gets you 1 point off per strike. Killing a monk with your sword will really rack up the negative points. Take him out in a fist fight! :wp Firing on friendly ships might get you -15 points. Been there, done that. :drunk

apparently it's not because the shipyard guy and shopkeeper in the pirate town on Nevis won't do business with me.
even pirates are afeared o' the horror of the high seas

When I became Horror it said Britain was now hostile and Pirates were now neutral.
But when I was on my way to Nevis I checked and Britain was still hostile to Nathaniel like it said but Pirates had gone back
to being hostile to Nathaniel instead of neutral.

Also aren't pirate towns always supposed to trade with you even when others won't?

yup. in fact, pirate towns are supposed to NOT trade with you if you're with the good guys.

A rep so low pirates won't trade with you? That's odd and it doesn't sound right, but idk, I never have aspired for my characters to get such low rep rankings.

Hah! Do ye want to really test yourself? Do ye really want to find out just how good ye really be?

Get Bart O Port's period weapons mod and set it up all right and proper.

Start a new game and set the difficulty to swashbuckler. :2guns

Now when ye get to the sword fight practice part the bosun will be unarmed. Cut him into sausage. You should now be the proud owner of a reputation of Horror of the High Seas! :cheers

Now show us what ya got! :ixi

Been there, done that. :rumgone

i have some new info about the 1 fps bug.
Sometimes when it happens the textures for my ship will disappear.
Like my ship turns grey.
Also I saw a giant flag stretching between two ships.
I have never seen either of these before patch 6

Which ships are you talking about? It will be easy to confirm whether some ships are messed up or not. :cheers

Does your ship stay grey? Or do the textures come back?

I have managed to stretch a flag between two ships by leaving out one flag locator on one ship. But that ship was repaired in a matter of minutes before it was put on the FTP. Did the ships look like this?

yup. in fact, pirate towns are supposed to NOT trade with you if you're with the good guys.

Now that really should be the rule i'd say, and i'm with you on 'discouragement' for killing store owners....tsk the 'youth' of today! :whipa ;)

Historically speaking killing and looting regular 'decent' town folk(like traders and merchants) would give you a death sentence once the authorities had got wind of it, so L0M3N consider yourself lucky :yes

The Royal Man O war was one of the ships with the giant flag. I'm not sure what the other was.
And when the texture goes away it comes back within the minute. But sometimes it will come and go
over and over.

Back