• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

2 problems i am having.

Could it be the increased draw distance for ropes and vants?
You might be onto something there. I guess that could potentially slow things down on lower-spec machines. :facepalm

L0M3N, try this fix to see if it helps.
Open RESOURCE/INI/rigging.ini, and find the lines:
Code:
fMaxDist = 50000.0 // miklkit: increase draw distance - stock value is 5000.0
and
Code:
fVantMaxDist = 50000.0 // Baste: increase draw distance
For both lines, change 50000.0 to 5000.0. Let us know if your lag problem is reduced.

On a related note, I don't think the new ships have much to do with it, since most of them are still too rare in encounters.

I don't think that solved it.
I played for a while on a new game and
had it happen again.
Though it seemed to be less frequent maybe?

I just did a little research and one user reported lag with an analog monitor. Do you use analog or dvi?

I use both, a decent 19" viewsonic CRT and a samsung 24" flatscreen, no lag on either(if anything the CRT runs smoother/faster in all games). My specs are around the same as lo3mn's also(but i got an nvidia 9600GT gpu which might be faster?) :shrug

I can use both analog and dvi cables with dvi delivering a much better picture on a 23 inch BenQ. It was the cable type I was trying to talk about. :facepalm I found a site where the video card lom3n is using was discussed. The x1300 was a low end card when it came out in 2005 and is completely outdated 6 years later. The good news is that it is a PCI-E card, making it easy to replace. But that still costs money. :shrug

Back