• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

2 problems i am having.

The Royal Man O war was one of the ships with the giant flag.
Yeah, that one needs her flags redoing, since she won't work with pennants at the moment. :facepalm

Which one is that? I can't find it in my ships folder. :shrug I know nothing of the big ships because I almost never see them, and the few times I have, it's only for a couple of minutes before I'm sunk. :shock

The "Royal Man O' War" is the Soleil Royal. So even if you did encounter her, you'd be dead pretty quick. xD:

By 'redoing' I actually meant removing the pennant locators I added before, and putting the 'NoPennants' line in the Ships_init entry.
Until I hear back from Captain Maggee on whether he can open the model in TOOL and send me the separate parts, that's the best we can do to fix her. :shrug

I use cheats on my game and I can test the man-o-war by boarding it and taking it for you all if you want (note, getting the huge class 1 ship will take a few days so you'd have to wait for me to get it.) Just a thought... :shrug

The trouble with that ship is, we know it causes problems, and we can't fix it properly yet. Thanks for offering to help, anyway. :cheers
There is another way of obtaining ships other than the 'conventional' methods. It's not recommended except for testing (and cheating!), and it's by using 'console.c'.

I use cheats on my game and I can test the man-o-war by boarding it and taking it for you all if you want (note, getting the huge class 1 ship will take a few days so you'd have to wait for me to get it.) Just a thought... :shrug

There is a need for lab rats here. I did that for a year or so before I got tired of waiting for someone else to fix things for me and started fixing them myself. :rumgone Bart O Port, Black Bart, L_S, and myself need someone to test what we have done to see if it actually works. Do you have access to the FTP? There is a motherlode of goodies there.

I don't like using the console because it tends to kill games, and sometimes installs. Plus it doesn't work right.

I don't like using the console because it tends to kill games, and sometimes installs. Plus it doesn't work right.
Really? It's always worked fine for me. :shrug
Then again, I only tend to use my install for testing these days, and rarely get a chance to play a storyline, so I've had less opportunity for things to be messed up.

How doesn't it work correctly? It's supposed to give you the ship after pressing F12 and reloading to another location.

That is how it doesn't work correctly. You choose the number of the ship you want and it gives it to you. Later when you change the number to get a different ship it gives you the old ship every time no matter what number you put in there. So the only solution is to just start at zero and go down the list till you get to the ship you want.

That sounds like you're using a different method based on index numbers. There's an easier way to get the exact ship you want.

You need to use lines like this, which go directly beneath the '//Give Ship' line:
Code:
//    GiveShip2Character(pchar,"NL_Amsterdam","Amsterdam",-1,HOLLAND,true,true);
Simply substitute the first part (NL_Amsterdam) for the name found in the Models folder, and the second part (Amsterdam) for the in-game name of your choice.
Change the nation part to any of the others (ENGLAND, FRANCE, SPAIN etc) to determine the ship's stats modifiers, but that doesn't make much difference for testing.
Finally, remove the '//' from the front of the line, save the file, press F12, and you know the rest.

That's what works for me and doesn't cause any crashes... provided there are no typos. ;)

Indeed that's what I've always been doing as well and it's always worked perfectly for me. :shrug

I've tried that also with both good and bad luck. Does it matter what the 2nd name is?

No, the second name can be anything you like. What's the 'bad luck' been?

Well, that system worked for me once and once it didn't work. Dunno what I did wrong. Haven't tried it since.

It's very easy for a typo to sneak in when using that method, so it might have been that simple. :shrug
If you try using the examples provided in the console, do they work for you?

does anyone have any idea what was added in patch 6 that could cause
slideshow framerate at sea or even on the docks?
I can't even play patch 6.

well, I don't want to mess up my game, so I'll just work to get one and tell you what happens on my end. :drunk

...It's very easy for a type to sneak in when using that method...
:rofl
You're kidding me, right...? :blink:
Bartender, I think I need another drink! :j3

L0M3N, I'm not sure what would cause such a high framerate drop, other than the shipyard screenshots, but we've already fixed that for you. :?
We'll have to keep looking into it, since it's clearly something affecting your game more than usual.

Back