• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released 20 gun privateer schooner

Crickey! What happened!

Anyway, PDN1.ini sounds like a sailorpoints file. It can be easily converted into PDN_walk.c for POTC with the convertor. Then the fun starts.

The walk file goes into your POTC--->program---->sea_ai---->walk folder. While you are there open up the ship_walk.c file. Three entries need to be made there. The best way to do it is to copy the last entry in the three lists

and then erase the existing walk name and type yours in there. The last one is at the very bottom of the page and you need to put your walk file name in there many times. Study them well and it is actually easy.

Whoa! yeah the furum is barely recognizable
but ther appears to already be a PDN walk file in the folder? I'll try this anyway :)

and thanks again Armada! The gratings aren't that big of a deal, no worries :onya and about the extra coding work, I noticed that there was no picture and alot was missing from the interface, but I could still buy the ship, the only problem was when I walked out the door of the shipyard (In view of the port) or somehow entered an area where the ship would be in view, the game would crash before loading finished.
Have you tried my suggestion from earlier to see if it fixes the crash (see below)?

EDIT: I did just notice one thing that may be the cause of the problem. [Not sure if this causes crashes, though.]
In your ships_init entry, the line 'refShip.SName = "PDN";' is not valid, because there is no name yet related to 'PDN'. That has to be defined in a separate file.
For now, replace "PDN" with "Enterprise" (which does work) and see if that helps.

That doesn't matter any more; I've figured out the cause of the crash, and fixed it! :D

I quickly set up the ship to use almost identical code to the US_Enterprise, and the game crashed when I loaded the model.
Here's the all-important clue from the system log generated by the crash:
Code:
resource\models\ships\PDN1\PDN1_fonar_day.gm: can't open geometry file
Remember you asked Craiggo to remove the stern lanterns he added? The model files are gone, but the locators are still there, so the game crashes because it can't find the models. So, deleting the locators from the hull file that ask for the missing models stops the game from crashing.

The fixed hull file is available here: http://www.pyratesah...mstrong/PDN1.gm

EDIT: aww, now the good ol' piratey smileys (the few that were left) don't work. :(

Thats great! I'm glad it works for you :) Unfortunately it still won't work for me, even with the updated model file. I cant find it at all, in any shipyard or encounter, and it should be fairly comnon. when I load past savegames where I had just bought it, I hit f11 and f12 and exit the shipyard...and the game crashes just as before. :angry: ahh I wouldve used the smashing head on computer smiley there, I miss the old ones. :(

Bugger... do you have error logging enabled (see the FAQ)?

Maybe you should try the same code that I used and succeeded with:
Code:
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Prince de Neufchatal by Captain Armstrong
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------
makeref(refShip,ShipsTypes[n]);
n++;
refShip.Name			= "PDN1";
refShip.SName			 = "Enterprise";
refShip.id				= refShip.Name;
refShip.Walk			= "";
refShip.All				= "Schooner1";
refShip.Class		   = 6;
refShip.Cannon			= CANNON_TYPE_LONG_LBS9;
refShip.MaxCaliber		= 9;
refShip.Weight			= Tonnes2CWT(200);
refShip.Capacity		= 600;
refShip.CannonsQuantity = 24;
refShip.Cannons.Borts.cannonf.qty = 2;
refShip.Cannons.Borts.cannonb.qty = 2;
refShip.MaxCrew		 = 150;
refShip.MinCrew		 = 30;
refShip.Price		   = 46000;
refShip.HP			  = 1500;
refShip.SP			  = 200;

refShip.BigPicTexName = "SHIPS3"; //Armada
refShip.BI.Tex = 10;
refShip.BI.Pic = 11;
refShip.QDeck = "ShipDeck1";
refShip.CannonsDeck = 0;
refShip.CargoHold = 1;
refShip.Cabin = "Cabin_medium";
refShip.Flags.Mast2.Flag1 = FLAG_ENSIGN;
refShip.Flags.Mast3.Flag1 = FLAG_PENNANT;
refship.Flags.Mast3.Flag2 = FLAG_ENSIGN;

//Period
refShip.period.0 = 0.0; //
refShip.period.1 = 0.0; //
refShip.period.2 = 0.0; //
refShip.period.3 = 0.0; //
refShip.period.4 = 0.0; //
refShip.period.5 = 1.0; //
//Nation
refShip.england = 0.0; //
refShip.france = 0.0; //
refShip.holland = 0.0; //
refShip.portugal = 0.0; //
refShip.pirate = 0.0; //
refShip.spain = 0.0; //
refship.america = 0.5; //

refShip.CanEncounter	= true;
refShip.CanBuy		= true;
refShip.Type.Trade = false;
refShip.Type.War = true;

refShip.WaterLine = -0.2;
refShip.SpeedDependWeight = 0.2;
refShip.SubSeaDependWeight = 0.2;

refShip.Height.Bombs.Y		= 1.0;		refShip.Height.Bombs.DY		= 1.0;
refShip.Height.Grapes.Y		= 2.0;		refShip.Height.Grapes.DY	= 1.0;
refShip.Height.Knippels.Y	= 15.0;		refShip.Height.Knippels.DY	= 10.0;
refShip.Height.Balls.Y		= 1.0;		refShip.Height.Balls.DY		= 1.0;

if (!bArcadeMode){
refShip.SpeedRate		= 14.0;
refShip.TurnRate		= 100;
refShip.InertiaAccelerationX	= 4;	refShip.InertiaBrakingX		= 0.4;
refShip.InertiaAccelerationY	= 2.35;	refShip.InertiaBrakingY		= 0.5;
refShip.InertiaAccelerationZ	= 2.5;	refShip.InertiaBrakingZ		= 2.0;
}else{
refShip.SpeedRate		= 15.0;
refShip.TurnRate		= 45;
refship.InertiaAccelerationX	= 8.0;	refship.InertiaBrakingX		= 8.0;
refship.InertiaAccelerationY	= 6;	refship.InertiaBrakingY		= 6;
refship.InertiaAccelerationZ	= 6.0;	refship.InertiaBrakingZ		= 6.0;

}
Try it without any further adjustments to start with, and if it works, then you can change things one by one and check to see if it still works.

so Its still not working, I'm going to double check and make sure all the other files are in place, and I think I'll start a new game too, hopefully that will help :)

Could you please enable error logging, as per the instructions in the FAQ (see link in my sig), and post the logs here?
That might make it much clearer what the problem is. It helped me to pinpoint the problem straight away in my game.

I got it to work! :D turns out some of the files were identified with PDN1 and others with PDN_1, so I changed them all to PDN1. a few things that I will be trying to figure out how to fix on the forum, but any suggestions are of course appreciated
1) the gaff sails are backward- I thought craiggo fixed this, but apparently not, I know there is a thread about it so ill be checking it out.
2) there is only a short pennant on the mainmast, and there were a long thin pennant on the mainmast in craiggo's screens, as well as a large ensign on the gaff. it seems the code that decides what is flown where is in ships_init.c, but I dont know how to change dimensions.
3) the boat has completely the wrong texture, It looks like a character texture is used, there are faces and assorted pistols and knives plastered all over it :wacko:

Thanks everyone for all of there help! I know this project has taken forever, but hopefully she will be in the next patch :)

1) Fixing the spankers is easy if you can understand the instructions. The tools needed are: GMViewer, TOOL, and a hex editor.
2) The code saying what files are where is indeed in Ships_init.c. The dimensions are changed by looking at the mast in GMViewer and then changing them in TOOL.
3) A hex editor is needed to change the texture. Convertor TX is also very handy to have. The hex editor I use is XVI32. Or you could probably change the texture in Maya.

3) the boat has completely the wrong texture, It looks like a character texture is used, there are faces and assorted pistols and knives plastered all over it :wacko:
This is one of those cases where a CoAS texture has a different name to its PotC equivalent. It's looking for 'boat.tga', when in fact it needs to use 'baat.tga'.
As Hylie said, a HEX editor can be used to change this quickly and easily (if you need help with that, just ask).

Thanks again for doing all that work to get her ingame! The walk file is PDN_walk.c right? I'll have to double check that I have it in the right folder, because no crew shows up for me ingame. :facepalm also, are you sure that you uploaded the most recent models of the gaff sails? because they still face the wrong direction relative to the wind for me, though it appears you had fixed it in some of those screens you posted. same with the flag and pennant, they are different sizes than what they are in those screens. Maybe its just something to do with the differences between COAS and POTC? :shrug
Glad to see that you are still active on the forums! :dance

Speaking of flags, I think an obnoxiously large Bill of Rights style flag (set between the main gaff and boom, of course) would look suit this vessel particularilly well. Out running enemy warships is always more fun with one of those.

Speaking of flags, I think an obnoxiously large http://www.flickr.com/photos/treklightly/5911956981/ flag (set between the main gaff and boom, of course) would look suit this vessel particularilly well. Out running enemy warships is always more fun with one of those.
(That was the only image I could find that wasn't un-uploaded and on my computer. They just got the flag last year.)

The walk file is PDN_walk.c right? I'll have to double check that I have it in the right folder, because no crew shows up for me ingame. :facepalm
That's because the extra coding required has not been done yet.
If you want to try it yourself, just open PROGRAM -> SEA_AI -> ShipWalk.c, and follow the pattern set by all the other ships.
Hopefully that should be pretty straightforward, but if not then let me know.
Sometimes the crew can show up in the wrong places when using a savegame and pressing F11, so for testing purposes it is best to start a new game.

Speaking of flags, I think an obnoxiously large http://www.flickr.co...tly/5911956981/ flag (set between the main gaff and boom, of course) would look suit this vessel particularilly well. Out running enemy warships is always more fun with one of those.
(That was the only image I could find that wasn't un-uploaded and on my computer. They just got the flag last year.)
I agree completely! :) and craiggo did in fact make the flag about that large (look at his last post on pg 17 of this thread) but for some reason the flag shows up much smaller in POTC, still figuring out why that happened :shrug
Thanks Armada! I'll see what I can do with the walk file :onya
I also added this description to Shipmodels_descriptions.txt:(under rescource->INI->texts->english)

PDN1_Descr{A very fine lined warship, built to the design of the famous american privateer
'Prince de Neufchatel' (1813). Designed and built by the famous shipbuilding brothers
Adam and Noah Brown in New York, this ship is very fast and heavily armed for its size,
perfect for a commerce raider or small warship. The rig appears similar to a schooner,
but is actually a mixture of topsail schooner, brig, and brigatine rigs.}

Not sure where it shows up actually, but I figured I'd need it at some point :shrug

I think the descriptions are used in the shipyard repaint interface, and with that in mind, your description may be a tad long...

The flags are of different proportions because of the locators on the GM files.
Clearly the version that Craiggo uploaded is not as up-to-date as the CoAS version, that's all.

Back