• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A second version of the USS Enterprise

@Legendary_Spider, sorry it's been a while since I've added anything else here.
It probably still will be, so trying to figure out what you can is a good idea for now. :onya
What I did manage to do a couple of days ago was give the Enterprise a new US texture, to use for the brig version eventually:

USS_Enterprise_hull.jpg

How does it look, to you?

I really like it! It is coming along magnificantly mate! I do have one suggestion though, maybe we should make it look a little more like this.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ilgiraresole.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/USS-Enterprise.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.ilgiraresole.com/2010/11/24/star-trek-behind-the-scenes/uss-enterprise/&usg=__-snDSxYjv0H22WCPR-3xM-4HvHk=&h=293&w=550&sz=37&hl=en&start=0&sig2=1oxpm9zzyStu58nuUcOkVw&zoom=1&tbnid=TGUVIVdoj12AcM:&tbnh=115&tbnw=216&ei=Te7nTdLlPMvAgQfptpG4Cg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Duss%2Benterprise%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Den%26biw%3D1907%26bih%3D873%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=122&vpy=504&dur=1069&hovh=164&hovw=308&tx=240&ty=79&page=1&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:16,s:0&biw=1907&bih=873

And while we're at it, maybe we should adjust her waterline so she can fly, too. :rofl

Anyway, Legendary_Spider, it's about time we got to making this brig version, don't you think?
Carrying on from where we left off, I think what you now need to do is collect all the rey models in the diagram on the previous page, and put them in the Enterprise's folder.
Then, add "_1" to the names of the current reys which need replacing (see the diagram), and rename the new models according to this structure:

---------------------------rey_c2----------------rey_c3
---------------------------rey_b2----------------rey_b3
rey_a1------------------rey_a2----------------rey_a3
mast1---------------mast2-------------mast3

Once you've got that far, let me know and I'll show you how to put them on the masts.

Can you get ANY model to show up? If not, try deleting 'viewer.ini' and trying again.
If it's just the Enterprise... then I'm confused. Does it give any error messages? :?

Dare I say the word 'reinstall'? Perhaps... :wp

BUT FIRST, can you post a screenshot of what you do see, just in case I can spot anything immediately wrong?

Dare I say the word 'reinstall'? Perhaps... :wp

GAH!!!
piratesing.gif
You dare use that foul word in my presence??? That's just mean. haha
urgh.gif

Okie dokie, here's your screenie.
me.gif
[attachment=6650:Fullscreen capture 6242011 54300 AM.jpg]

OK, you got me there. I can't see what's wrong. :modding
Maybe try choosing a different drive in the drop-down boxes (the ones which currently say "C: [ ]")?
If that doesn't work, then you'll probably have to reinst... uh... delete the program and install it again... :facepalm

Anyway, Legendary_Spider, it's about time we got to making this brig version, don't you think?
Carrying on from where we left off, I think what you now need to do is collect all the rey models in the diagram on the previous page, and put them in the Enterprise's folder.
Then, add "_1" to the names of the current reys which need replacing (see the diagram), and rename the new models according to this structure:

---------------------------rey_c2----------------rey_c3
---------------------------rey_b2----------------rey_b3
rey_a1------------------rey_a2----------------rey_a3
mast1---------------mast2-------------mast3

Once you've got that far, let me know and I'll show you how to put them on the masts.

I'm totally confused here.
dunno.gif
Am I doing it right? [attachment=6652:Fullscreen capture 6242011 92029 AM.jpg]

You're almost right, except you need to add "_1" to the current Enterprise reys which will be replaced by the new models.
Then, rename the new models which you've copied into the folder, according to the diagram posted before.
Basically, for each mast, name the rey models like this:

Mast1: lowest rey- "rey_a1"
Mast2: lowest rey- "rey_a2", next rey- "rey_b2", next rey- "rey_c2"
Mast3: lowest rey- "rey_a3"...

Does that make any more sense? :shrug

That took a bit to understand, but I finally got it right. Now what?
william.gif
I wanna get back to working on this so we can release it with the next patch.

Here's a screenshot. Did I do it right this time? I re-did the letters and numbers like you told me to. Should I keep the Greyhound1 and Speedy1 names or rename them USS_Enterprise1?

[attachment=6988:Fullscreen capture 8262011 102710 PM.jpg]

Back in business? Now that's what I like to see! :cheers

Yep, it looks like you got it right this time. All you need to do is make sure all the models are titled 'USS_Enterprise1_rey_x', and we're ready to move on.
Oh, you'll probably also need to add '_1' to the original 'USS_Enterprise1_rey_a1', and rename the original rey_a2 to rey_d2.

The next step involves using TOOL to take away the old yards and add the new ones. This will take a bit of trial and error, but you'll get the hang of it.
-- Please note: you must NOT minimise TOOL at any time, because that causes it to crash, for some strange reason. --
So, first you need to open USS_Enterprise1_mast2 in TOOL, and go to View -> Locators. Click 'locators' in the new window, and you'll see a list of locators (kinda obvious, I know :rolleyes: ).
All you're interested in here is the top three locators in the 'geometry' group. You need to change rey_a1 to rey_a2, click 'Apply Changes', and in the main window click 'Save GM'.

Now, open mast2 in GM Viewer, and tick the boxes at the bottom of the screen which say 'Show labels' and 'Show locators'. Also, tick '3D Grid mode' next to those boxes.
Move the camera around the mast, and zoom in until you can see where 'rey_a2' appears. See the screenshot below, which also shows 'rey_b2' is visible. 'Rey_c2' is somewhere higher up the mast.

Mast2_Locators1.jpg

It's those three locators that need to be shifted along the Y and Z axes, to position the new yards as in the diagram I posted ages ago.
With TOOL still open, go back to the locators window, and adjust the PositionY and PositionZ values until you think they're about right.
Apply the changes and save the GM as before, and check your results in GM Viewer by clicking 'Reload GM'. Repeat this cycle until you think you've got the locators where you want them.

Let me know when you finish that step, or if you get stuck, and I'll show you how to do this for mast1 and 3.

I re-named rey_a1 to rey_a2, but it's still showing up on mast2 as rey_1. I saved it and hit apply changes. what's going on? Here's a couple screenies.

[attachment=6995:Fullscreen capture 8272011 124422 PM.bmp]

[attachment=6996:Fullscreen capture 8272011 124009 PM.bmp]

Nope. I clicked apply first. Then save. I just re-opened tool, and it says rey_a2, but when I open gm it says rey_a1.
dunno.gif

Did you definitely open the same version of the file that you edited? Did you click 'Reload GM' the first time around?
Was the file that you edited in the same folder as the one from which you opened it? I'm running out of ideas. :facepalm

Back