• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Adding New Beatrice

Well it was what I could come up with. The default Beatrice had no talking head at all. (coming from AOP/COAS/TEHO)
These new ones (also for default Bea) are a fix, a work around. (complete body used with lower parts made invisible)

Tested her again and she doesn't move her lips that's right. But the awkward way of moving upper body I can't see. Sure you have changed "Jupiter's" sex to "woman"?

@Jack Rackham I better look again. I'm sure I changed the sex to test but when you ask me like that I'm not so sure again... Also there was a file in your ZIP (page 1 of this thread) which I didn't really know whether and where to place (but I'd have to check later at a different computer to tell you which one).

Right now I can only tell that BeatriceA definitely has a functional head animation (tested it with the start of Devlin Opera where she appears as Bonnie) while this retextured but more beautiful BeatriceB didn't work for me.

Could it have been the animation file you didn't put in place. If so it belongs in RESOURCE\animation\Heads.
Here are the files again.

Attachments

• BeatriceB talking head files.7z
    265.6 KB · Views: 187
Yes I have all those files.

Here is a screenshot. Maybe not perfect but I hope you can see how she just moves the shoulders while the head stays mostly in place. And the lips don't move as you said, but I just checked BeatriceA at the beginning of Devlin Opera (or just at Devlin Opera, there is only a beginning…) and she does move the lips, so why wouldn't it work with BeatriceB?

And yes that is Rys Bloom, so technically a man, but it should be the same anyway, shouldn't it? I also gave Rys a different female model from the Tailor and that one works.

Attachments

• devlin.png
    devlin.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 231
BeatriceA used the talking head belonging to another character model: Beatrice.gm

I have changed her too and tested the new BeatriceA once again. No strange shoulder movements.
new BeatriceA.jpg

Have you got the animation file for BeatriceB head placed correct?

Have you got the animation file for BeatriceB head placed correct?
RESOURCE/animations/heads but outside the AN folder.

Yes, BeatriceA works perfectly finde.

The file I meant earlier is in the very first ZIP by Jacob in this thread: In RESOURCE/Models/Characters it includes a file called BeatriceB.wrl, that's the only thing I didn't place because I don't know what it is and other models don't have such a file.

I think it's a VRML file. You can make those with the TOOL for some reasons but in POTC it's just GM files.
BeatriceA works perfect because you still have the old talking head.
old BeatriceA head.jpg

Does the head of BeatriceB work for you the same way BeatriceA does then? That would be strange if only I had that problem.

Yes the new heads for BeatriceA & B both work fine for me. That's very strange.
Is it to stock POTC you are adding the model? If so please try adding all the 5 BeatriceB files to NH and see...

I added it to both versions of the game with the same result.

But wait, 5 files, I currently see 4:

1) h_BeatriceB.gm in Models\heads
2) BeatriceB.tga.tx in Textures\Characters
3) BeatriceB.gm in Models\Characters
4) h_BeatriceB in animation\heads

YES! I think it could be this:

5) BeatricBH.tga.TX in Textures\Characters

h_BeatriceB.gm should have this texture, not BeatriceB.tga.tx which is for the body only.
You can check which it uses now with GM-viewer and change it with HEX-editor.

I can only check the BeatriceB head I have uploaded and it has the right texture. So probably not the bug either. :modding
Have you made any additions in PROGRAM\MODELS\initModels.c?

We need some help here. If someone please could copy in these 5 files into POTC NH and give any (female) NPC
the model "BeatriceB" and check how the talking head behaves.

I can't make @BathtubPirate 's bug to happen. :confused:

Attachments

• BeatriceB all files.7z
    805.8 KB · Views: 162
Okay now that's clear.
Have you made any additions in PROGRAM\MODELS\initModels.c that could possibly change something with animations or whatever?

I still hope someone will volunteer for a 10 minute job to help us test this.

Have you made any additions in PROGRAM\MODELS\initModels.c that could possibly change something with animations or whatever?

I've added what was in the ZIP file of the whole model:

Code:
        // no model assignment quest character -->
    model.description    =  "Beatrice Devlin, as a VERY hot Pirate in red and black.";
    model.id            =  "BeatriceB";
    model.FaceId        =  323;
    model.nation        =  PIRATE;
    model.price            =  3000;
    model.assigned        =  true;
    model.height        =  1.7;
    model.sex            =  "woman";
//    model.ani            =  "Beatrice";
    model.ani        =  "woman_sit";
    model.name             =  "Bonnie";
    model.lastname         =  "Devlin";
    model.playertype = PLAYER_TYPE_EXPLORER;
    model.difficulty = DIFFICULTY_MARINER;
    model.Flags.Pirate = 11;
    model.Flags.Personal = 4;
    model.ship = "PO_CaravelR";
    model.shipname = "Quicksilver";
    model.date.hour = 10;
    model.date.min = 24;
    model.date.sec = 42;
    model.date.day = 25;
    model.date.month = 9;
    model.date.year = 1550;
    AddCharacterModel(model);
    // <-- no model assignment quest character

head.jpg
The non-talking head looks OK in my game. I was a bit thrown by a wrong character icon but I presume that aspect is "in progress"

EDIT Hmm A bit more testing and the shoulders of the talking head do some rubber sheet style tearing at a different location. EDIT

This was placing the character via console using
ch = CreateOfficer_Cheat(OFFIC_TYPE_QMASTER, "BeatriceB", 0, PIRATE, false);
ch.name = "Jessie";
ch.lastname = "James";
SetModel(ch, "BeatriceB", "woman", "woman", 1.8, false);

so I don't know if there is something wrong with those settings to do this

Last edited:
Back