• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Adding New Beatrice

Thanks a lot @pedrwyth! This looks like your case @BathtubPirate! Or even worse.
Now I get it as well when testing more the way @pedrwyth did.
This workaround method has worked well on other models.

But now I'm going to try retexture this head instead for BeatriceA and B. The head used for both beatrice (ok) and BeatriceA (not so ok).
I think it can work as you see very little of the clothing.
retexture.jpg

Thanks! :onya

But I didn't retexture the body btw, that was Jacob at the beginning of the thread. I'm just a simple mind who thinks the model is awesome. But when you say (quest) head, yeah, BeatriceB is too good, it basically asks for a quest use...

After Jupiter, Israel Hands has changed too. With that body and outfit, Jim Hawkins would have lost the fight.

First

Thank you all for putting Time into this character.

Second

Is there any conventers for GM files?

I have another character in mind (im not tellin yet) and i have .obj file. Any ideas?

@Jacob if you want your BeatriceB included in the next zip please upload your initModels.c.
I've got the model, head and animation already.
I Appreciate your will to help Jack, maybe i'll do that

Im gonna make New character, and ill make a new thread about her.

EDIT

How to give Beatrice an armor? Like for Danielle and Helena for example.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who isn't a big fan of visible armours? For some it looks quite good like Helen Ardent, but the three Beatrices/Bonnies are some I actually wouldn't want to have "spoiled" by visible armours, amongst other things because it would obscure their distinctive outfits.

Personally I like that the appearance of the character changes when wearing armor.
It adds a level of realism.

But to each their own. ;)

Don't really know why but I am no fan of armor at all. Have never used any in storylines. But if they are there it's clearly better with them visible.
I made a pistolbelt with an add-on ammobag. Of course they are visible.

Personally I like that the appearance of the character changes when wearing armor.
It adds a level of realism.

But to each their own. ;)
If there's one thing I don't really care for it's realism. Also feels a bit weird to rely on realism for the sake of realism by making gameplay more complicated and/or difficult in a game where Davy Jones is the cursed reaper of the high seas and Woodes Rogers plays escape-room-style puzzle games with unemployed pirates in a haunted mine. ;) But of course there is a fine line between "realism" and "details".

Back