• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Adding New Beatrice

Jacob

Sailor
Storm Modder
Hello!

Once i played as female character in Tales of Hawk, but i have this stupid idea by adding another Beatrice in Pirate Tailors,but as a complete idiot with no graphic expierience or knowlegde when it comes to adding new characters, i didnt do it.

So im Asking is there a way to add her?

Im putting her look in attachment

PS.

As im still looking for more easter eggs, or rather new possibilities, is Black sea Yatagan still avaliable in game?

New Horizons Items | PiratesAhoy!

Edit:
I tried to make this possible but it still doesn't working out i used as followed threats to make this possible
Tools, Tutorials and Information
Retexture a Gm-model

Edit 2:

Not that I want to be picky or selfish but is there an "idiot-guide" or "step-by-step" tutorial?

When i open the game my character doesn't exist, of course i managed to add this "Outfit" into the pirate tailor shops but when i see my lines, she's just invisible. I tried playing her myself but after loading, all I can see is black.

Attachments

• 20120311034237046977.tga
    4 MB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Yea Pieter I did that Several times, here's some, I tried your method, but i didn't knew about animation.

How am i supposed to do that?

Attachments

• BeatriceB.tga
    4 MB · Views: 190
  • BeatriceB.psd
    4.9 MB · Views: 188
Last edited:
See "Retexture a GM-model" for info about animation file.
It's only for the talking head so even if it's missing the character model should be visible.

Either im an Idiot or i just dont understand with HEX Editor path, Please explain.

"Open (in your example) h_AnimistGr.gm and search the right side ????"

What right side?

then Overwrite the original .tga with your made .tga is this TX converter?

Attachments

• hex-editor.zip
    493.6 KB · Views: 187
Here is HEX editor. Divided into two parts/sides. On the right I have marked the letter A, for where to start changing the name of the texture file.

HEX editor.jpg

No this is TX converter:
TX converter.jpg

That's the GM file of only the talking head.
Whatever you change there won't affect the main character model.

But it's the same for "BeatriceB.gm"; you need to find the part that ends with '.tga'.
In this case, "BeatriceHead.tga".
You can change that to whatever you want; as long as the number of characters remains the same (e.g. "the .tga text stays in its place").

What you could do is to first make ONLY copies of the existing character model and see if you can get that copy to show up properly.
If that is the case, you know for sure that if it disappears later, it must be because of something with the character model.
That way you rule out the program code or animation file to be the issue.

I think i get this a bit, but when it comes to my character .gm how can i create it and how to "overwrite" .tga files?

I think i get this a bit, but when it comes to my character .gm how can i create it and how to "overwrite" .tga files?

1 Make a copy of the existing model which you want to retexture. And rename it to what you want.
2 Try if you can get this model to show up. (But it will still look like the original model)
3 Now make a new texture file in photoshop or something like that. The name of the new texture file must be of the same length as the original one.
4 Open HEX editor for your new model. Change the original texture name to the new texture file name. (that's the overwriting) Save.
5 test your new model.

When testing character models I place this line in console.c very early, just above the first switch is a good place.
Code:
SetModel(Pchar, "Howard_Pyle", "man", "man", 1.8, false);
(this example gives "Howard_Pyle" model to the player)

Start any storyline and press F12.
When all steps here work we'll continue with the talking head. :onya
Last fix so it can be bought in stores.

Ok i got the character in game now, what should i know about a head?

i saw in RESOURCE/Textures/Characters there's "BeatriceHead"

What am i supposed to add or change?

Last edited:
Sorry to add another messege, I have my "Bonnie" in a game now.
Zrzut ekranu (497).png

But now i have the problems with the Head, Since i saw 2 files for her

1. RESOURCE/Textures/Characters/BeatriceHead.tga.tx
2.RESOURCE/MODELS/Heads/h_BeatriceA.gm

I added her in Pirate Tailors for 1500 Gold

What am i supposed to do now to make a head in this situation?

Attachments

• New Beatrice.rar
    870.7 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
But now i have the problems with the Head, Since i saw 2 files for her

1. RESOURCE/Textures/Characters/BeatriceHead.tga.tx
2.RESOURCE/MODELS/Heads/h_BeatriceA.gm
Basically, you do the same thing as with the main character model.

I'm surprised Beatrice even HAS a head!
Most AoP models don't.
So it could be a modified PotC, retextured to resemble Beatrice.

by changing in HEX Editor.

When i used my character on one of my officers the game crash

Ok I have looked into this a little.
Jacob, you have used BeatriceA.gm as base for your retexture. Glad it worked.

Now BeatriceA do not have a talking head of her own but uses the head for beatrice.gm.
Very similar model but more dressed.

I think I can fix a unique talking head both for BeatriceA.gm and your new model, Jacob.
I'll give it a try if you want.
Anyway we travelled 100 km and when we got home we realised we had forgotten to buy what we went for. :facepalm

Last edited:
Yes, it worked out well. BeatriceA now had the right talking head. (Never mind the name or the dialog.)

BeatriceA new head.jpg

It was a little complicated so I have made it for you.
When models don't have a talking head, for ex imports from AOP/COAS/TEHO I have found out a special fix:

1 Use the body model with a variant of the texture file. A file with only the head and upper torso left visible.
I use alpha channels in photoshop to make transparent parts of a texture file.

This is what it looks like in the TOOL:
alpha channel.jpg
The white will be invisible in the game.

2 By checking in aniview I could adjust the height of the visible part to fit in the "talking head window".

3 I copied the animation file for BeatriceA and renamed it.
BeatriceB head.jpg

Attachments

• BeatriceB talking head files.7z
    265.6 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Well goddamn thank you so much for help.

Plus now i know how to at least create a new character from existed module xD

Back