• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Advanced Interface and Flags Code (and much more)

yes.. I think they had them still in WIP12... I recently even had a mutiny where my enemies hadn't weapons - which also resulted in a crash twice!

Ever stranger, some of them DO have weapons. Just most of them don't. UH???

Yes, right, I noticed that, too, both with tortuga and mutiny: Sometimes both crewmembers had weapons, sometimes none of them and sometimes only 1 :shrug I think I saw the same for tortuga, but I can't look long enough before my game ->:boom:

a bug in the captain's cabin of the enemy ship, trying to take it, he surrendered but can not talk to him or get out of that place.

Build Version: (Build 14 Beta 3 WIP 14 + Wip14_fix2)

Error.log also appeared, Compile reported error dialog.

Screenshot:

xUi49gN.jpg

Attachments

• error.log
    464 bytes · Views: 80
  • compile.log
    23.8 KB · Views: 66
yeah, I had the same error.. something's wrong with the dialog file I guess.. could it be some code-update that was forgotten there?

AHHH his error.log solves the mystery.. had the same error with an copied file from WIP12.. I can fix that fast...

can you try this updated file please? I think that should fix it.

Attachments

• FIX_cabindialog.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 64
Thanks for that error.log; VERY useful! Looks like I have to restore some more WIP 12 code.
Extract attached to PROGRAM\SEA_AI and see if that goes any better. :doff

BTW: I moved these posts to this thread because it applies to WIP 14, not WIP 12. Just to prevent confusion. ;)

Attachments

• AIShip.zip
    53.8 KB · Views: 107
I updated the attachment on the opening post again. Unfortunately I didn't have time today to replace the complete file with resources.
Not even to write up some sort of feature list.

However, these important things are NOT done yet:
- Weapons for Tortuga (Jack Sparrow s/l)
- Initialization Errors

Stuff that IS done:
- Select Storyline custom name works now
- Start New Game skills and bonus updated from Select Storyline
- Town and Island names should be correct at long last
- Code changes for the Cartagena fort flag and for this to show up in the Shipberthing and Colonies interface
- And all sorts of other things. Will make a feature list... Well, tomorrow, I hope. Together with the full, updated file

yes.. I think they had them still in WIP12... I recently even had a mutiny where my enemies hadn't weapons - which also resulted in a crash twice!
The mystery thickens. They do HAVE the weapons. And they EVEN have them equipped. But they don't SHOW them.
It is another model problem.

Would you say that this also may be the reason for the height-errors and maybe for my laptop to crash?

Quite possibly. There's a LOT wrong with the model initialization code. It certainly isn't helping anything.

That's what I tried to do, but I haven't managed it yet. Then the game REALLY doesn't work anymore.
I might have to port the WIP 14 stuff feature-by-feature to the WIP 12 base if the worst comes to the worst.
In the meantime, I asked Pirate_KK if he has any clue.

Ugh, I had simply wanted to remove the "guns still loading" sound when they ARE loading. But it seems like the whole "guns ready" sounds code is NOT doing what it is supposed to at all.
Might require some rewriting too, but I don't particularly want to do that now. So instead, I'll just compile all code changes that I have ready now.

Indeed, I suppose never hearing it is better than having it all the time.
We can rewrite it properly some other time.

New Update
A whole bunch more things fixed and completed. Still not there yet though. Anyway, see opening post! :cheers
Latest changes:
Code:
Build 14 Beta 3 WIP 15:
- Bug Fixes:
  . Town and Island name display completely rewritten and fixed by Pieter Boelen
    Real Caribbean toggle removed: now ALWAYS on
  . Town names shown properly in Sail To menu by Pieter Boelen
  . IMPROVED Temporary Simple Solution for display of pirate flag on shore structures while ashore by Pieter Boelen
    > For display of pirate flag while ashore, use fixed fort flag file instead [WIP: Proper fix to be made]
  . Display of nation royalty fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Buying Letter of Marque fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Surrendered captain dialog fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Sail To enabled in Arcade Game Mode again by Pieter Boelen
  . Double "Sea" icon on ship deck removed by Pieter Boelen
  . Dialog Camera mod disabled by default by Pieter Boelen
  . Changing default character names is split properly into first, middle and lastname by Pieter Boelen
  . "Guns Not Ready" sound removed by Pieter Boelen [WIP: This code to be rewritten to work properly]
  . SL_Utils.c reinitialization code removed to ensure it is treated the same way as the other storyline function files by Pieter Boelen
  . No more error messages on "floating object" without class by Pieter Boelen
- Code Updates:
  . Citizen dialogs added by Pillat
    GrandTurks, SantoDomingo, Havana, Marigot, Philipsburg, PoPrince, Santiago, Cayman, Oranjestad, Tortuga and Willemstad
  . Additional large cannon types added by Pillat
  . ANY cannon type can be installed at Vanderdecken's shipyard by Pieter Boelen
  . Town guards and soldiers strength dependent on difficulty level by Baste and Pieter Boelen
  . Starting Ship is of the same design as the selected player nation by Pieter Boelen
  . No "free" upgrades applied to the player starting ship and quest ships by Pieter Boelen
  . "We are recognized" log messages enabled ONLY in Arcade Game Mode by Pieter Boelen
  . Logs Toggle level description added by Pieter Boelen
- Interface Updates:
  . Select Storyline Interface:
    > Character Type takes effect on New Game by Pieter Boelen
    > Custom starting name takes effect on New Game by Pieter Boelen
    > Default Difficulty depends on selected storyline again by Pieter Boelen
    > When changing Standard Storyline starting nation, starting location description updates correctly by Pieter Boelen
    > When scrolling with arrow keys, selection doesn't default to "New Game" anymore by Pieter Boelen
    > Player Type selector not shown when Auto Skill System is OFF by Pieter Boelen
  . Ship and Shipyard Interface:
    > Player ship design shown correctly by Pieter Boelen
- Texture, Model and Sound Updates:
  . Colombia island model rotated 180 degrees and updated with actual San Felipe fortress by Armada
    > Fort Commander added for flag by Pieter Boelen
    > Display of Cartagena in interfaces and on Worldmap fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . ALL Worldmap Animated Flags, including USA, updated to be period-correct by Cassadar
  . Additional Sail Types by Pieter Boelen:
    > Weathered Emblemed Sails option with sails for all nations
    > Pure White and Standard Sails with US emblem
    > Standard Sails with personal nation emblem
- Storyline Updates:
  . BUG FOUND: If there are enemies in the starting location, starting quest case does not executed
    [WIP: Temp fix by always setting .vcskip = true at game start by Pieter Boelen]
  . Standard Storyline:
    > Personal flag returned to English flag ONLY if player nation was English by Pieter Boelen
    > France goes to war ONLY if player nation was Personal or England by Pieter Boelen
  . Hornblower storyline:
    > Jamaica Navy HQ open ONLY in this storyline at the necessary time by Pieter Boelen
    > Missing character init entries added by Pieter Boelen
  . La Croix storyline:
    > Error message due to compass code fixed by Pieter Boelen
- Modder Tools:
  . Separate Left and Right sidestep distance settings by Pieter Boelen
As usual, comments appreciated. :doff

Version: Wip 14 + Fix3

I can not buy equipment for myself or my ship in the shop, and I am also unable to use the map, to try these 2 things the game just the one fought back well and quickly.

Something happened during the game, which now prevents me from accessing the stores of food and weapons, shipyards and other work normally.

lkkR0bG.jpg

Error Log appeared.

Attachments

• error.log
    18.2 KB · Views: 112
  • system.log
    77.8 KB · Views: 71
I just tried both in my WIP 15 version and it works fine. Have you tried the newest file from the opening post yet?
It was updated a few hours ago.

Back