• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ahoy mateys! (and a question)

As for the Vanderdecken weirdness, I made some code adjustments in the Patch 4 WIP files that, upon a new game, should hopefully have sorted this.
I did test and could no longer trigger that bug, so I think it's solved with those changes. :doff

Slick pics Bromden. ;)

The Devlin characters are rare, especially the male one. I've only seen him once in a tailor's shop.

That VD screenie is from a patch 4 WIP install, but since the saves were compatible I did not start a new game but did do the F11 thing. :facepalm My crystal ball says there is a new game in my future..... :diomed:

The ransom dialog is supposed to appear when your ship is in a port of their nation only.
This doesn't seem to always work, but it is intended to. :facepalm

Just for the record: I successfully ransomed a captive dutch captain in an english port.

Seems I got a bug: the portugese soldiers are wearing the grey french uniform (maybe the spanish do this too), even at the tailor, when it says some kind of portugese outfit, it's a variant of the french skins. If I remember right, the uniforms were correct earlier in this campaign.

I'm probably misunderstanding. The Portagee soldiers are very distinctive because they are the only ones to wear armor. Are you saying that they are not wearing armor anymore?

I mixed it up, the Spanish are wearing the French grey, plus I checked, and the Portugese are all right. Dunno what the Spanish uniforms should look, though, but it's definitely French uniform they wear, same with the Tailor thing.

Is that upon starting a new game? If not, when did it start?
Which storyline/period is that?

NH storyline, didn't start a new game, same campaign I posted the screenies of.

I can't connect it with any single event, I was just strolling in a town when something seemed out of place, and it hit me that I'm not in a French town. I'm gonna check tomorrow how is it in a new game.

The models -- Soldier_Fra*_17.gm & Soldier_Spa*_17.gm

are very similar -- both have grey uniforms with minor differences :yes

Models -- Soldier_Fra*_17.gm

Grey uniform with -- brown belt -- blue trousers -- white stockings -- blue lapels-- narrow gold band on edge of hat.

Models -- Soldier_Spa*_17.gm

Grey uniform with -- white belt -- grey trousers -- red stockings -- white neck-kerchief -- wide gold band on edge of hat.

If historicaly they were allies at the time -- they might have had similar uniforms for their soldiers. :shrug

:drunk

My bad then. :facepalm

They sure do better be allies, because uniforms like this can cause some epic rate of friendly fire.

I've got a new problem. Every time I enter a pirate settlement the civilians attack me. The store owners are panicked, so I can't make business with 'em. But the worst thing, Mr. Isenbrandt attacks me too, and I cannot continue the main quest (I'm at the "Deliver a letter to a pirate chief" part).
At first I thought it's because my bad relations, but I just met the "governor" of Grand Turk, and purchased neutrality with the pirates. It didn't help. Any solutions? Is there an in-game or console voodoo that makes pirate pedestrians peaceful? :shrug

I've got a new problem. Every time I enter a pirate settlement the civilians attack me. The store owners are panicked, so I can't make business with 'em. But the worst thing, Mr. Isenbrandt attacks me too, and I cannot continue the main quest (I'm at the "Deliver a letter to a pirate chief" part).
At first I thought it's because my bad relations, but I just met the "governor" of Grand Turk, and purchased neutrality with the pirates. It didn't help. Any solutions? Is there an in-game or console voodoo that makes pirate pedestrians peaceful? :shrug

Have you been to the Pirate settlement before :?

Did you get involved in a fight where you or your crew killed civilians :ixi

The civilians in a town or Selttlement will remember this and attack you ( traders cower ) the next time you go there.

Also what is your personal reputation -- Bloody Terror -- Horror of the High Seas --- Neutral-- Hero etc As I think this can affect how people act towards you.
( if you have cheatmode on the numberpad 7 will cycle you through your personal reputation - so you can check if it is that )

:cheers

Yes, I've been there before, and I remember it being peaceful at first, and I might fought there before. But after experiencing the attacks in Nevis Pirate Settlement, when I entered Grand Turk for the first time, the townsfolk attacked there too. Same with a smuggler village. My reputation is around Matey.

This happened to me many months ago. I don't recall exactly what happened, but methinks I accidentally killed a bystander which turned the whole town against me. Once that happens you have to kill them all except the cowering ones. Then leave and come back some time later. Maybe they will be ok then.

This happened to me many months ago. I don't recall exactly what happened, but methinks I accidentally killed a bystander which turned the whole town against me. Once that happens you have to kill them all except the cowering ones. Then leave and come back some time later. Maybe they will be ok then.

A couple of months in-game have passed since the first such attack, but the people still attack me, even in pirate towns where I wasn't before. It's a gamekiller, because I need to talk to the pirate boss in Nevis for the main quest to progress, but he is hostile to me too.

However, I've solved this elegantly, I started a new game. :sail

The same thing started to happen in my new game, but this time I figured out why: it started when I took some sailors with me in town. I sent 'em back to ship, and voila; no hostile pedestrian pirates. :onya I could shop n' everything, nobody was panicking.

Those were sailors and not officers, right? I used to bring sailors with me, but stopped. Don't remember why.

Back