• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ahoy mateys! (and a question)

In this game, yes, they were sailors. In the game before that I only took officers with me.

I'm gonna check it out if it happens when I go to a pirate town with officers now.

Nice pics! However, His Cursedness looks a bit bugged...

I've got another question/problem:

My spyglass is set to realistic, but the most info I can get about other ships are only their names, and that only at close distance (I've got a masterwork spyglass). As I read the description in the options, it should show me a lot more info than that. Any thoughts about this?
If you want that option to be available in reaslistic mode, edit the file Pirates of the caribbean\program\battle_interface\ispyglass.c and change the line if(!bArcadeMode) to if(ArcadeMode) . (Line 39 or so). But then in arcade mode you'll only get the ship's name. So just comment the whole if block out.

Nice pics! However, His Cursedness looks a bit bugged...

I've got another question/problem:

My spyglass is set to realistic, but the most info I can get about other ships are only their names, and that only at close distance (I've got a masterwork spyglass). As I read the description in the options, it should show me a lot more info than that. Any thoughts about this?
If you want that option to be available in reaslistic mode, edit the file Pirates of the caribbean\program\battle_interface\ispyglass.c and change the line if(!bArcadeMode) to if(ArcadeMode) . (Line 39 or so). But then in arcade mode you'll only get the ship's name. So just comment the whole if block out.
The time to edit my post seems to have expired..
What I want to say is that the mod community has provided a nice ship recognition manual in the documentation directory, But if yout are, as me, on the intermediate level. as in liking to have realistic sailing without the bother of looking up a ship in the rm. this option of unrealistic scope or spyglass works for now. I mysef am looking to transition myself from the semi-arcade to full realism.

Thanks for the info, although I decided to do it the hard way, and chosen the steep learning curve. I might run into some nasty surprises this way, but I'm sure this will be the more fun in the long run.

For the hostile pirate civilians, I messed up my game badly (again), so I started a new one. The bug didn't occur since then.

Thanks for the info, although I decided to do it the hard way, and chosen the steep learning curve. I might run into some nasty surprises this way, but I'm sure this will be the more fun in the long run.

For the hostile pirate civilians, I messed up my game badly (again), so I started a new one. The bug didn't occur since then.
No bother, I must say though, as drunk as I am, but still, to the modders. This is a game, On a real schooner it takes a better part of an our to set sail. In these storm engine games it takes.. what, a minute? So achieving realism in a game is ultimately impossible. Don't mind me though, it's just the whiskey talking... or typing? I don't know.. :D

Just a quick question: Does the Jack Black Mega Music Pack work with the new release?
I'm thinking if changes happened to the sound.c file since the release of the music pack it could make some problems. It's just my speculation, though.

Well, I've installed it and started a new game (NH storyline) and there was no music in Speighstown.

Hmm. The only change is that the movie sound pack was added so that in options one can choose between the standard sounds and the movie sounds. Except that I don't seem to have that option. I am currently using Morgan Terror's sound pack, and maybe it disabled that.

I don't think it would have. The music_standard.c file my music pack uses is identical to the original from beta 2.1, and i haven't heard of any changes to the music in 2.2. Music_standard.c decides what music plays by default. I don't know how the alternative music system works, since i never used it, but my music pack shouldn't interfere.

What might have happened is that your music pack is incompatible with the game untill you reïnstall the pack, much like you need to start a new game after updating PotC. It shouldn't be neccesary to get an updated version, just deactivate and reactivate it.

If the music pack really does use sound.c though, then that might be an issue. It gets changed often.

As far as I know, this Mega Music Pack doesn't work as a music pack, it overwrites the standard one. It definitely comes with a sound.c file.

Then it does more than just change music, it actually changes the locations and times at which music is played. He might have included a sound.c file to solve the problem i had where changing the code in music_standard.c did nothing. Could you upload your sound.c file?

yes, i still have the original myself. I'll check for any potentially problematic differences and possibly update it to the current mod version if i can.

Here ya go.
Just to make things clear (mostly for myself): this is the sound.c from Jack Black's Mega Music Pack. It (JBMMP) also contains a sound.h, alias.c, and in the /ALIAS folder there are talks_english.c, sounds_english.c, sounds_common.c, music_standard.c, and greetings_english.c. No idea if those can cause any problems, just thought I tell you.

Attachments

• sound.c
    31.2 KB · Views: 97
Say, which plotline are you playing? I've noticed the music for the woodes rodgers plotline seems to be missing from your sound.c file. That would certainly prevent it from playing.

wait, NVM. i noticed you were playing the original one. I am finding some differences though, although none of them seem to be bug-worthy just yet. It WOULD be handy to know which build version the music pack was designed for. Does the music only bug out in spreightstown?

I should note that right now i haven't updated my game to 2.2 yet. I'll need a standard 2.2 sound.c file to rule out any other bugs, which unless you tried to install the music pack on top of beta 2.2 should still be there. Right now i'm comparing the music pack sound.c to the one in 2.1, and while that will help, i'm going to need the 2.2 version as well. You didn't have these problems in 2.1 yet, right?

Jack Black released this music pack in January 2011, but I have no idea what the build version was back then.

I was starting a new game and I got killed in the Speighstown dungeons without a save, so I restored my backups and started anew with the original music. But in that short run I didn't hear music anywhere. I Especially missed the on deck music, because I remembered from before that there should be awesome shanties added by JB. If you'd like I could reinstall the music pack again and make a more thorough testing.

I didn't play 2.1, so I don't know if it should've worked with it. It worked with build 14 beta 1.

And here's the original 2.2 sound.c.

Attachments

• sound.c
    36.9 KB · Views: 95
My best guess is that would be build 14 beta1 patch 3. The sound system was not modified at all as far as I know until patch 6 or 7 late in 2011.

i'll be looking into it. So far i'm just comparing files and looking for alarming differences. Doesn't seem to be much that would bug up the optional music pack system though.

Back