• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

An ambitious project

Thanks a lot, Bartolomeu! I won't ask you to do what you don't want, but definitely appreciate you finishing what you've got.
To be fair, I can quite imagine getting fed up with it after working on it for so long. But you're doing a great job! :onya

Indeed, keeping your enthusiasm up is very hard on pet projects(even on paid for ones if they drag on or get too messy!). Sometimes a little time out helps, even if just to confirm your done with a project for the 'time being'. I've yet to play any other questline instead of 'Nathaniel Hawk', as that has kept me busy enough in general gameplay/balance issues, but once i'm done testing and once Beta2 is good to go, i'm really looking forward to kicking back and just playing all these different questlines and stories people like yourself, Bartolomeu, have made. Thank you very much for helping improve the game for the rest of us :onya

Thanks both for your support :doff

To Pieter:

Seeing you're good in this task, I've got several screenshots to make some loading screens. Next week, with the resources I made for Cartagena, I'll upload one or two more screenshots. But in the meantime, you can do these ones.

Attachments

• for loading screens.zip
    734.6 KB · Views: 119
Done: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Bartolomeu%20o%20Portugues/Bartolomeu_Screens.7z

Thanks Pieter!

Seeing, I can't upload my resources on the FTP site, I'm going to send you the file right now to your hotmail e-mail. Let's hope, it will accept a file size of 15 mo.

What's wrong with the FTP? Otherwise use something like http://www.yousendit.com or such.

I can't use it because I'm in a cybercafe. It takes a lot of time to send you the message. Yahoo is still uploading the file.....

Just for your information, I did put all your resourced in Patch 7, but don't have it listed in the feature list because the resources aren't used yet.
Additionally, I've got all the loading screens made, included and used for you, so that should all be good to go. :doff

Thanks a lot for the information :onya
I will release my next update when the quest is finished. And that update will be much more smaller than the last one xD:

Another thought :
If I remember, in COAS, there are some crabs on the beachs. Could be funny to put them on the islet I made for instance. :rolleyes:

Is it possible to import that to POTC?
Certainly, someone working on the Coas mod must have an idea about that...

Another thought :
If I remember, in COAS, there are some crabs on the beachs. Could be funny to put them on the islet I made for instance. :rolleyes:
Don't we have rats running around in some places in PotC? Maybe a similar thing to that could be used for crabs on beaches. :shrug

That should be doable. The rats are everywhere on land and on ships. The lizard and snakes are only in the jungle, so putting crabs on beaches should be an extension of that code.

Back