• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

An ambitious project

Here's the new ship Bartolomeu will have at the end of the main quest. I've just made some minor changes from the original ship.

Attachments

• The new Santiago(1).jpg
    The new Santiago(1).jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 148
  • The new Santiago(2).jpg
    The new Santiago(2).jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 135
  • The new Santiago(3).jpg
    The new Santiago(3).jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 132
Hey, nice! Bartolomeu gets a new ship! What model is that again? I'm not too familiar with all the new ones. :facepalm

As maybe you remember, in the Cartagena quest, the Santiago will be sunk by the Port Royal governor's warship. So, I thought it would be interesting to give to the player a new ship more powerful than the fast caravel. The new one, if I remember, is the weathered battle galleon made by Superchango last year (San Martin model). I will change a bit the values in the shipsinit.c for this quest ship. Now, with this ship, it's possible to attack some forts and battleships. :dance

Nice ship! Portuguese shield, Lisbon flag. Very nice. I just don't get the sails with the Bartholomew Roberts' Jolly Roger on them.

These sails are also used by the fast caravel. Anyway, you can change the sails using the ship interface if you want to.

Bartolomeu and others, would you think the attached image would make for a better Bartolomeu Storyline start screen or shall we keep the current one?

That's a heckuva picture. On the far right side you see someone about to spear a man. He is a musketeer, and the fighting has gotten too close to reload. So he took out his knife with a tapered wooden handle and jammed it into the end of the barrel of his musket to make a spear out of it. I have a replica of that knife.

Personally I like the screen with Captain in the Red Coat standing alone one the deck of a ship the best.

Agreed. And this one doesn't actually have a very good resolution. Better keep the one we've got in this case. :yes

Would anyone be able to make some good screenshots from the most interesting scenes in this storyline? I'm especially interesting in the most recently added parts and anything you don't generally see in any of the other storylines,
such as the climbing, sneaking around and fort attack scenes.

You can use the FREE_CAMERA setting at the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h to find some interesting angles.
And don't forget to use F9 to hide the on-screen interface where applicable to prevent that from obstructing the screenshots. :woot

If you have ENABLE_CHEATMODE set to on at the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h, Pierre Delacroix at the start of the storyline will offer various dialog options to allow you to quickly jump you to various parts of the story.
This means you don't have to play through the entire story in order to be able to do this. :doff

I'm currently performing the Build Mod Ship Clean-up and finding some ships you're using are being removed.
At the moment, this is all Galeon5 versions and the Sirius1; I've replaced all of them with the new RN_Revenge versions at the moment.
Please let me know if you prefer any other ships being used.

About the Galleon5, we need a Spanish ship so certainly another galleon model. I don't think the Rn revenge version is the best solution to substitute the galleon5 but for the sirius1 it's ok.
I let you choose another galleon to substitute the galleon5.

Just for clarity's sake, this is what the RN_Revenge models look like: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17704-the-one-and-fifty-three/page__st__260
The original Galeon5 was supposed to be an English Elizabethan four-masted galleon and the Revenge is a high-detail model with the same general shape and rigging.
None of the Revenge versions actually have a British Royal Navy paint scheme and they're only named that way because they're generally intended to be used by England anyway.

None of the Revenge versions actually have a British Royal Navy paint scheme and they're only named that way because they're generally intended to be used by England anyway.
Well they do have the coat of arms of Elizabeth I on the stern, though. :?
You might be better off using one of the Spanish Fast Galleons if it's a Spanish ship you need.

Good point; I keep forgetting about that. :facepalm
How about SP_BattleGalleon? It seems the Galeon5 was used for three different characters; maybe we can mix things up and have one with SP_BattleGalleon, one with SP_ApostolFelipe and one with SP_Galeon50?
If we do that, does it matter who gets which one?

Back