• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Assassin Problem

In the Bartolomeu storyline you don't need Brothel mod on ( only need to find the door )

In the Assassin storyline the brothel mod needs to be turned on ( you need to go into Charlestown Brothel to find Lady Gaga) :yes
She is not anywhere else

If you have the mod turned on - was it turned on before you started playing the storyline, or after you started?

If after you started -- then try reinitialising - Load your saved game - then Press F11 ( to reinitialise ) [think that is spelled ok :rofl ]

Then go to brothel and see if you can enter.

If you still have problems - immediately after trying to enter -- exit game and find error log files in your Pirates of the Caribbean folder and post them here ( Compile.log - system.log & Error.log ) { error.log not always created }

To enable Error logging :

In Pirates of the Caribbean folder --- open engine.ini with notepad

Near the top of the file find the following lines and change the values to those shown below -- this will generate the error logs.

tracefilesoff = 0

[script]

debuginfo = 1
codefiles = 0
runtimelog = 1

I have just played this part of the quest and it worked ok ( both day and night) entering the brothel

I switched the Brothel option ON halfway through the quest. I just tried the F11 thing but no luck. Just trying now to work out the error log, I'm not sure what to post?

Thanks for your help by the way :onya

I switched the Brothel option ON halfway through the quest. I just tried the F11 thing but no luck. Just trying now to work out the error log, I'm not sure what to post?

Thanks for your help by the way :onya

Once you have enabled error logging - find the Compile System & Error files in your Pirates of the Caribbean folder and attach them to a post in this thread.

Hopefully they might give a clue to the problem

Please don't be offended - but you are going to the correct building for the brothel :? ( on jetty with your back to sea - the building far away to your left ) ;)

No worries yeah its the right building I'm sure I've been in it once before in a previous build, I have these logs for you, hope its the right thing:

Gauging: StartGauging
Gauging: starting init
Gauging: interface
==> BuildSettings: Sets to default
==> BuildSettings: New settings applied
Gauging: load build settings
Gauging: periods
Gauging: nations
Gauging: preprocessor
Init encounters complete.
Gauging: enc
Gauging: cann
Gauging: ships
Gauging: islands
Init weathers complete. 0 weathers found.
Gauging: weather
Gauging: perks
InitModels: Total number of models: 568
Gauging: models
InitSounds (English): created 59 entries.
InitMusic: created 43 entries.
InitGreetings: created 257 entries.
InitTalks: created 20 entries.
Gauging: Aliases
Gauging: sound
Gauging: goods
Gauging: Storylines
Gauging: Profiles
Main_LogoVideo() 0
PauseAllSounds
proc_break_video()
ResumeAllSounds
Main_LogoVideo() -1
Gauging: initgame start
Gauging: createlayers
Gauging: stores
Gauging: sound
Gauging: delete sea env
Gauging: wdmap
Gauging: islands
Number of locations: 748
Gauging: locations
Gauging: dialogs
Gauging: teleport
bool CreateParticleEntity()
Gauging: particles
Items initialization complete. Loaded 639 items.
Gauging: items
Gauging: char
Gauging: quests
Gauging: sea ai groups
Gauging: questmapenc
Gauging: landenc
Gauging: towns
Gauging: load options
InitSounds (English): created 59 entries.
InitMusic: created 43 entries.
InitGreetings: created 257 entries.
InitTalks: created 20 entries.
Gauging: Aliases
Gauging: infoshow
Gauging: initgame done
Init character names complete.
SETTING MUSIC: music_main_menu
Done loading
bool CreateParticleEntity()
!!! Reload to 160
** Whr: CreateWeatherEnvironment - iCurWeatherhour = 14, theHour = 14
ItemLogic: On load location Charlestown_port
ItemLogic: found 0 buttons
ERROR: unidentified condition type()
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 0
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=Blaze, ship.type=XebecAS, nation=-1, ShipFlagsQuantity=2, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=1, ShipFlagsQuantity=2, FlagType=E
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=Blaze, ship.type=XebecAS, nation=-1, ShipFlagsQuantity=2, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=2, ShipFlagsQuantity=2, FlagType=E
FlagType==FLAG_ENSIGN && n == SHIP_PENNANT
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 1
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=Nicholas Butcher, ship.type=Xebec1, nation=-1, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=1, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=P
FlagType==FLAG_PENNANT && n == SHIP_FLAG
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=Nicholas Butcher, ship.type=Xebec1, nation=-1, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=2, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=E
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=Nicholas Butcher, ship.type=Xebec1, nation=-1, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=3, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=P
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=Nicholas Butcher, ship.type=Xebec1, nation=-1, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=4, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=E
SETTING MUSIC: music_eng_town
Gauging: preprocessor
InitModels: Total number of models: 568
Gauging: Models
Gauging: nosave
Items initialization complete. Loaded 626 items.
Init weathers complete. 0 weathers found.
Init encounters complete.
Gauging: RM mod and rumors
Gauging: towns
Gauging: update all towns
Gauging: itrade update
Gauging: KNB Cannons swap
Gauging: Enc Officers
Gauging: CabinCaptains
SETTING MUSIC: music_bitva
locator_name = reload4_back lockedReloadLocator =
reload_cur_island_index = -1
reload_cur_location_index = 160
reload_island_index = -1
reload_location_index = 170
Start reload
PauseAllSounds
ReloadStartFade
ItemLogic: On unload location
ReloadEndFade
Bnd: 0.0000000, Vag: 0.5000000, Sk: 0, Mo: 0, Mu: 0
ItemLogic: On load location Charlestown_Tavern
SETTING MUSIC: music_tavern
locator_name = reload1 lockedReloadLocator =
reload_cur_island_index = -1
reload_cur_location_index = 170
reload_island_index = -1
reload_location_index = 160
Start reload
PauseAllSounds
ReloadStartFade
ItemLogic: On unload location
ReloadEndFade
** Whr: CreateWeatherEnvironment - iCurWeatherhour = 14, theHour = 14
Bnd: 0, Vag: 1, Sk: 0, Mo: 0, Mu: 0
ItemLogic: On load location Charlestown_port
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 0
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=Blaze, ship.type=XebecAS, nation=-1, ShipFlagsQuantity=2, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=1, ShipFlagsQuantity=2, FlagType=E
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=Blaze, ship.type=XebecAS, nation=-1, ShipFlagsQuantity=2, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=2, ShipFlagsQuantity=2, FlagType=E
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 1
CurrentFlag=1, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=P
FlagType==FLAG_PENNANT && n == SHIP_FLAG
CurrentFlag=2, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=3, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=4, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=E

seperate error log:

RUNTIME ERROR - file: utils.c; line: 2292
Invalid range
RUNTIME ERROR - file: utils.c; line: 2292
Invalid range

I'm afraid you need to start a new game for the brothel to open up properly.

If some quest coder has some time, it would be great to make some slight code adjustments to ensure the storyline works with that mod off also.

Ah oh well, I enjoyed the quest very much untl that point, I'm going away for 3 weeks anyway so when I come back I will play it again and get that dastardly Roche! :ixi

This is the best mod ever! I never thought I would still be playing a game I bought when I was 14!!! thats value for money!

Ah oh well, I enjoyed the quest very much untl that point, I'm going away for 3 weeks anyway so when I come back I will play it again and get that dastardly Roche! :ixi

This is the best mod ever! I never thought I would still be playing a game I bought when I was 14!!! thats value for money!
Use the cheat code to only start from this quest and not from the beginning of the main quest.

For the cheatmode, open PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h and set ENABLE_CHEATMODE to 1 at the bottom of the file.
The Assassin storyline opening dialog will now allow you to skip ahead to various parts of the storyline.

As far as brothels are concerned, I'm not entirely sure anymore what we decided, but I do know we didn't change anything yet.

The Bartolomeu Trap Quest

After agreeing to be friends with Bartolomeu & releasing Roxanne -- go To Alice Town

Talk to Guibert Daudet near jetty

Guibert Daudet would not talk to me -- just got "....." dialog :shrug (see image)

I had to force the dialog by actioning this through the console:

From quest_reaction.c

case "join_guibert":
AddQuestRecord("Trap", "7");
LAi_SetOfficerType(characterFromID("Bartolomeu"));
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Guibert Daudet"), "Alice", "goto", "goto21");
LAi_SetStayType(characterFromID("Guibert Daudet"));
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Guibert Daudet")].dialog.currentnode = "begin_1";
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Enrique Padilla"), "none", "", "");
break;

Assassin Storyline -- completed both Friends with & Kill Bartolomeu. :onya

( I seem to be getting better at the difficult bits ) :dance :ixi

Really enjoyed it -Thanks Bartolomeu :bow

:cheers

No major problems apart from Guibert Daudet ( see seperate post )

Minor Things

Quest - Book

Worm in the Apple ( Hitman )

Text 8 - name of town (port) did not appear -- think it should be #sGrand Turk#

text.t8=Yes! Santos paid me well! This Bampfylde must have made somebody really angry, I think, if they were willing to pay so much gold to get rid of him. I need to do another job for Santos. He said that I must kill a smuggler called Bertillon. He's often seen in the port of #sTurks# on #sisland_Turks# island.

Kidnapping

There is no Text 13 in quest book file :no - quest book closes ok

from quests_reaction.c

Code:
case "practice_fin_timer":
AddQuestRecord("kidnapping", "13");			
CloseQuestHeader("kidnapping");
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Salvadore Benavides")].dialog.currentnode = "begin_65";			
break;

Cannons of Mona

After bringing the Soleil Royal to Havana -- when you fight the Dutch Soldiers in the Smuggler's Village --- if you or your officers hit Spanish Soldiers or Enrique Padilla during the fight --- the Spanish will become enemies and you will have to kill them ( if you kill Padilla quest breaks ). :ixi

The Siege of Orangestad

At the Oranjestad Siege - your officers change their names - so does Padilla - for the rest of the storyline ( do not want to be recognised as war criminals ) :walkplank

You enter Oranjestad ( officers & Padilla with original names) see civilian being killed - talk to Padilla - transported to Sea ( officers names have changed). They keep the new names for the rest of the storyline. And when you next meet Padilla (in both Kill Bartolomeu & Friends with Bartolomeu quest line ) he has new name.

Does not stop quest . Played this several times - different names each time (see Sample Images )

The Bartolomeu Trap

Kill Bartolomeu

When you go back to Havana from Eleuthera to receive reward for killing Bartolomeu - Padilla talks to you on Havana jetty - I had problems getting Padilla to appear on the jetty - took several attempts. :shrug

Friend Bartolomeu

When freeing Emilio from Havana prision -- when Bartolomeu talks to you there are missing pictures on dialog screen of Bartolomeu ( see image )

Thanks Talisman for testing the quests. Give me a few days for fixing the bugs...

To Pieter :
From what I read about the topic "Brothels" it seems the community had chosen to change the dialogues and let the brothels open.

Worm in the Apple ( Hitman )

Text 8 - name of town (port) did not appear -- think it should be #sGrand Turk#

text.t8=Yes! Santos paid me well! This Bampfylde must have made somebody really angry, I think, if they were willing to pay so much gold to get rid of him. I need to do another job for Santos. He said that I must kill a smuggler called Bertillon. He's often seen in the port of #sTurks# on #sisland_Turks# island.
You are very much correct, Talisman. That change should work. :yes

Missing head in the dialog, eh? Check system.log for that one; probably there's a note about it.

Bartolomeu, I don't think anybody is going to be changing the dialogs any time soon. The person who was going to has left.
The only thing we could easily do is set the Brothel mod to be on by default, but I'm not sure we should.
If we don't, it'd be nice to have some code in place to make your storyline work anyway.
It should only be a small modification, I hope... :?

Missing head in the dialog, eh? Check system.log for that one; probably there's a note about it.

From System.log

Can't load texture resource\textures\.tx
Cannot open animation file resource\animation\Heads\h_GypsyCaptn_5_A3.ani
Warning: NPCharacter -> trace node not found

Thanks Talisman. Seems there's some missing files, so I quickly made them by copying the non-armored animation file and renaming it.
See attached file that includes the head animation files for all armored Bartolomeu characters. That should hopefully solve it.

If we don't, it'd be nice to have some code in place to make your storyline work anyway.
It should only be a small modification, I hope... :?
Not sure about the small modification :? .. In my opinion, re-write some dialogues is an easy task and faster than changing code in the questreactions.c or another files. :shrug
Don't tell me, Pieter, I also need to do this work. :facepalm (Maybe, Cap'n Cook could do this :shrug In the past he re-wrote the dialogues of my main quests.)

By the way, thanks for the heads. About the fixes, I will release them Monday or Tuesday. But, there are some problems I don't know how to fix them, like the changing names. I think this problem is more about the game than the quest itself.

Changing names usually happens when a character is being killed off, then resurrected later on.
But then I added some code to prevent this for quest characters. Make sure the characters have this line in their character init entry:
Code:
ch.questchar = true;
Can anybody confirm the name changes? I don't recall noticing anything like that when I used the shortcut to test the Oranjestad Siege.

For the brothels, well *I* can't do it for a while, at least. :?

Changing names

The only time I have seen this happen before is at the end of the Hornblower Storyline - with the quest-jumps that Short Jack Gold has there.

Perhaps Short Jack Gold might have a fix for it :shrug

:cheers

Back