• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

Right, I've merged all the vertices (there were LOTS of overlapping ones), scaled the ship correctly (it was 100 times too small!), and replaced the file on the FTP.
Just download the file again and hopefully the problem should be resolved.

I also removed all the locators, since the chances are they're meaningless to CryEngine 3.
I actually tried to use the SDK myself recently, but apparently my graphics card is not supported, so it won't work for me. :modding
That's why I'm curious to see what you can achieve with the model... ;)

but if we can put the pearl in CryEngine 3 we shall see with maximium graphics, because I use the engine on the hight, so the graphics are beautiful.
but back to work, the problem of the vertices were solved, but we have another problem, maybe you has something to do with shaders.
modding.gif
error2.jpg

ok solved the problem but other appeared, the pearl have high number of vertices, the image will explain better. I'm sure you can reduce the number of vertices.
me.gif

error3.jpg

What the? Where did those extra vertices come from? I model has just under 40,000, not over 80,000. :blink:
How did you fix the first problem, with the two edges occupying the same space? That might have caused more vertices to appear by accident...

I think I found the problem, but do not know how to solve, the linear basis has to be measured in centimeters to export, but if I put in the base in cm the pearl is larger than the base.
I solved the other problem using the tool '' merge edge ''
any idea ?
error4.png

Yes I am using , that's how we solve the first problem, the problem may be that the pearl is divided into files, ex: hull1, mast3 if we manage to put it all on one maybe solve the problem, because I've seen in tutorials they exported one file and not a lot together.

I updated the file, so you need to download it again. My updated version doesn't have the locators (green crosses) that you can see in your image.

I've organised the components so that you should be able to export them all in one go.
In the 'Hypergraph' window, it should look like this:
BP_hypergraph.jpg
I read a tutorial about creating vehicles in CE3, and it looks like exporting several components in this way should work properly.

ok, I think you're right, but it happened another problem I could decrease the number of vertices, but I still was not enough, take a look.
error5.jpg

Hmm. I'm not sure how you could reduce the number of vertices much further. :?

One thing you can do is delete the 'Path' component; you shouldn't need that, hopefully.
Then, maybe try deleting something else (temporarily) to see if there are enough vertices to export it.

I found the main problem, I thought I had solved it, but I solved that of the vertices, if you have any solution please tell me, maybe the bonjourmonami can help us, if he wants of course.
error2.jpg

Thanks for pointing that out, mate! I can fix it from here.

there is more edges in conflict.
poet.gif
Those edges are from different components on the ship, so it shouldn't be a problem. Have you tried exporting it again?

Also, I wouldn't expect the UV problem on the rope to affect the export process...

I'm a bit stuck, then. :facepalm

Maybe you should try a different model instead of the Pearl. A smaller ship, maybe?
Alternatively, try making your own simple model, and try exporting it to see how it works.

Back