• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

I'm a bit stuck, then. :facepalm

Maybe you should try a different model instead of the Pearl. A smaller ship, maybe?
Alternatively, try making your own simple model, and try exporting it to see how it works.

ok, but I'm not very good with modeling in maya, I'm good at programming, but I'll try to export at least one box.
type_1.gif

But if you can put a very small ship for me to download I would be grateful (in .mb).
doff.gif

Those edges are from different components on the ship, so it shouldn't be a problem. Have you tried exporting it again?

Also, I wouldn't expect the UV problem on the rope to affect the export process...

PLANAR MAPPING ?

I just remembered I should download the Empress. Will try her out shortly!

Now here's a question: Are there any other new ship releases that I can include in my game? If there's one thing I REALLY have not been keeping up-to-date on, it's new ship models.
The only one I remember seeing released is the new version of La Diligente.

Good call! Your "After Beta 2" folder, right? Are they all rigging upgrades with one new ship (Postillionen)? Or is there other new stuff too?
Would you be able to upload Caravel1 and Victory class 1st Rates as ZIP files? It's a bit cumbersome to download each GM file separately.

Hehe. That folder is all cleaned up now. :oops: Did you know that unzipped files are downloaded as zip files by Dropbox? :cool: It would also be a good idea for you to check the other folders in the POTC FTP too. The Victory class 1st rates are there, and possibly something else I missed. I don't know how to do hulls, so it is all rigging upgrades. You should check out the early Neptunus though.

Could the first post be updated with the latest screens and progress? It's kind of hard to follow what's going if you don't follow the thread all the time.

Both ships have been finished and released quite some time ago. No more progress to report.

I've updated the first post anyway, to include screenshots of the ships in PotC, plus their special abilities.
Does anyone know if the latest versions of these ships have been ported to CoAS yet?

As far as I'm aware, no they haven't. Which is probably why Officerpuppy was asking.

In the Gof 1.2 you can start as Jack Sparrow and you'll get the Pearl directly, but although this Pearl is already in GoF! -as well as the wicked wench and the QAR- its right textures for all of its parts are missing and the interface pic is the from the previous one. The waterline is also wrong, so I downloaded the Beta 2.1 and took the textures and the walk file which I converted and then changed the waterline as well. Unfortnately, I don't know how to make a screenshot apear in the ship's interface so I'll wait for you guys to do it. :)

P.S. I could upload the complete BP and WW here, as far as you tell me how to do so, so as people of AoP 2 won't have to download Beta 2.1 to get them.

Indeed. And thanks very much for your hard work on the Empress. I've tried her last week and she's a work of art indeed!

hey guys, sorry to ask you this, but i lost my hardrive to a virus recently and lost all files for the qar and the pearl. do you guys still have the raw gm files available?

The GM files are in the modpack. Are you not looking for the Maya files or so?

Indeed. And thanks very much for your hard work on the Empress. I've tried her last week and she's a work of art indeed!

You're welcome, and thank you. I tried to make her as true to the movie as possible. I look forward to doing more texturing work. Other than doing some work on the U.S. story, I haven't done a whole lot since I finished the Empress.

Back