• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Black Pearl Mod 1.7.3 (TEHO) [Latest Update: 9th February 2022]

The Nameless Pirate

Just a pirate
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Public Relations
The reason I am posting this is to release a mod I made for TEHO, the Black Pearl mod.

I know that there are other mods that add the Black Pearl into the game, but this mod changes the Flying Dutchman model with the Black Pearl model from the New Horizons Build mod for POTC. So any of the models used haven't been made by me.

Meaning that the Black Pearl is the ghost ship in The Caleuche DLC, since this DLC continues the plot of the original POTC game, and that game has the Black Pearl and not the Flying Dutchman. If you want the Flying Dutchman DO NOT install this mod, or at least have a back up if you want try this out.

Also this mod changes the cabin of the ship to the one used in POTC New Horizons and changes a few dialogues a little.

The way you install this is simple. You just unpack the .zip file, and paste the PROGRAM and RECOURSE folders in the Sea Dogs To Each His Own installation folder; clicking yes when asked to overwrite files and folders. You will also need the tehomod which you can get from here: Guide - TEHO modding (tehomod and scripts are here).

UPDATE: Mod now also fixes a bug in the Hero of the Nation DLC
When you get your vacation, after reporting to De Poincy about your victory on Curacao, the game crashes.

UPDATE #2: Added lantern to the bow of the ship for better visibility.
Thanks to @DavyJack, for recommending to make this update! :cheers

Cabin:
pearl_cabin.png

Movie version:
pearl_torn_sails.png Pearl.png pearl_night.png

Akella version:
upload_2020-9-21_10-32-14.png upload_2020-9-21_10-33-38.png upload_2020-9-21_10-38-13.png

UPDATE #3: Reverted back to simple ZIP file.
Added new Akella version.

Good sailing in your Black Pearl! :ship

Download:
Akella Black Pearl: https://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/TEHO/TNP/Black_Pearl_Mod_1.7.3_A_090222.zip
Movie Black Pearl: https://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/TEHO/TNP/Black_Pearl_Mod_1.7.3_M_090222.zip

Last edited:
(PS) I have not tested the compatibility with other mods.
EDIT: Activemap 1.3, Hook's Mod for TEHO 1.6.0 work fine.

Last edited:
I know that there are other mods that add the Black Pearl into the game but this mod changes the Flying Dutchman model
The mod in the steam guide replaces the fast frigate which i didn't want to replace.
This is just a project i worked on because i wanted to get started at moding, and then i thought why not post it.
Anyway you are free to use the other mod if you want.

This could be arranged, although i wouldn't use a mod like this i would be happy to help.
This may be a stupid question, but do you mean increasing the amount of cargo a ship can carry or the size of the captains cabin. :shrug

I found a bug in a dialog line in the pirate shipyard when using the Black Pearl.
"My ship is quite... special. I'd like to make a few changes."

Last edited:
Last edited:
Is this normal? tempsnip.png Happened when I'm extracting the part 2-5 of the .rar files. Or should I just directly extract it in the game's main folder?

It doesn't happen to me, maybe try extracting with Winrar?

With it, i extract the first one and it automatically extracts the others, by the way.

If you want the new sails without the holes, you can go to the pirate shipyard and tell him about your special ship. ;)
The ragged look works fine with me :aar:p But yes, I thought about that earlier but I changed my mind. Those sails look cooler. Hahah :cheeky
EDIT: Then again, I won't know what hit me or how serious the damages are during battle if I leave it like that :shockxD Well, I'll settle with the health bar and other things then

The ragged look works fine with me :aar:p But yes, I thought about that earlier but I changed my mind. Those sails look cooler. Hahah :cheeky
When i started making this mod i didn't know about, repairing the sails on the pirate shipyard so when i found out about it, i instantly made it so during the quest she has the ripped sails which looks more cursed ship-like, and if you want you can "repair" them. (no impact on performance)

That way it works flawlessly, satisfying all players and working well with the quest.

Also, had i not found out about it i wouldn't have solved how to use the cabin from New Horizons, since i couldn't swap the model because of the option to repair the rotten cabin of the Flying Dutchman, which i removed it in order to have the Black Pearl's cabin.

A new update released and I must update my mod for it.

I don't know when that will happen since I have very little time available for modding.

You could try to use the current version of the mod with the update but the new translation won't be available for the dialogs that use the same files as my mod.

Back