• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Black Pearl Mod 1.7.3 (TEHO) [Latest Update: 9th February 2022]

:shock What the? Really? :modding Crap, maybe that's why my last laptop took a crap because it's what I've been using even for this current one (McAfee Total Protection).
I don't know if it can completely ruin a computer, but on general I know it to be performance hungry for quite a while.

What would be a good antivirus and internet security these days?
I have been using AVG for quite a while and I don't think it greatly affects performance.

Unfortunately other than this I don't know. :shrug

Ah yes, that's another one my family has used at the past. :yes

Though if you want a free version I think it doesn't have one, only a free trial.

if u want a skeleton cusred crew u need to remodel in RESOURCE\MODELS\Characters :

Citiz_31.gm to Citiz_40 (boarding crew) and mush_ctz_4 to mush_ctz_6 (musket crew)

with model skeleton crew is file start with skel....gm

i like my black feet british marine thou
aog952l.png

one question how u can see your crew on board in 1st person ? i use hook mod but they not show up

Last edited:
Also check your settings in "hookmod_settings.h", in the "PROGRAM" folder.

The line you want to find is this one:
Code:
#define CREW_ON_DECK                1       // BOOL - 1 = ON - show crewmen on deck in first person view, 0 is default game
                                            //    Valid values 0 and 1

Mod updated.
On a previous version of the mod, a bug fix was included.
When I updated the mod for 1.7.0 I forgot to apply this fix.

Now it is back! :dance

For more details:
UPDATE: Mod now also fixes a bug in the Hero of the Nation DLC
When you get your vacation, after reporting to De Poincy about your victory on Curacao, the game crashes.

Sorry if this caused any inconvenience.

Suit yourself.
If you need any help I am more than happy to help. ;)

You could get the files from the Akella version of the mod.
Though you may need to remove some extra cannon locators I added to match the previous model.

Sure, I'll look up the porting ships guide. My intention is to replace the flying dutchman with it. Seeing as you did something similar, any experiences and tips to share?

From the ships I have ported I have noticed that in order to be exactly like in PotC you need to raise the ship slightly.
You can do this using the TOOL.
In my case it looks like raising the model and its locators by 1 works.

You can also edit "ships_init.c" I think, more specifically the "refship.WaterLine" value. This is easier, but a new game is needed.
Which is why I used the TOOL method.

Also depending on what ship you replace and if you want edit its guns in "ships_init.c" you may want to duplicate some locators so the number of guns in the code and the model match.

Thanks! I want to use Maya but its EXPENSIVVEEE!!! I try the student version but I cannot use it (just won't let me)

Back