• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Black Pearl Mod 1.7.3 (TEHO) [Latest Update: 9th February 2022]

A new update released and I must update my mod for it.

I don't know when that will happen since I have very little time available for modding.

You could try to use the current version of the mod with the update but the new translation won't be available for the dialogs that use the same files as my mod.
Nice. Can you add another lantern? xD In the middle this time, please? :cheeky Whenever you find time, of course. :flower

Yes, when I get to updating the mod I will also add another lantern, thanks for the suggestion @DavyJack!!!:cheers
Make that two more in the middle then if it's not too much to ask! xD On hanging by the post and one on a random barrel to make it more pretty :cheeky I wish there's a feature where you can toggle the lights/lanterns on/off to go more into sneak mode or incognito especially when the moon is not up.

Is this normal? View attachment 34768 Happened when I'm extracting the part 2-5 of the .rar files. Or should I just directly extract it in the game's main folder?
It doesn't happen to me, maybe try extracting with Winrar?

With it, i extract the first one and it automatically extracts the others, by the way.
I didn't get any errors using WinRar :dance And I got it to work :guns: View attachment 34771 View attachment 34772 View attachment 34773 Thanks for making this @The Nameless Pirate :cheers:bow
This error should now be fixed, I uploaded all of the files in one .zip, file this time in MEGA; because it let's me upload files larger than 10MB.

So now you can use any extractor and, you only download one file, lessening the chances of user error.

P.S. It still is the version for 1.6.0

Last edited:
I made an installer that should make the installation even easier.

It is based on a 7z SFX archive, but it is modified to have a fitting icon, and reduce user error.
Also it's much smaller than before, it went from around 40-50MB to 11MB.

If you already have the mod installed, nothing has changed, so no need to reinstall.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard @Piniak! :cheers

Unfortunately I don't have the time to update the mod yet.

Until I update it you can do this:
  1. Extract the mod somewhere outside your game's folder.
  2. Delete the "PROGRAM" folder.
  3. Delete the "RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations" folder.
  4. Delete "chair1c.tga.tx", "fonar_blank.tga.tx", "Kabin_Boxes.tga.tx", "kabin2.tga.tx", and "kabinet1c.tga.tx" from the folder "RESOURCE\Textures".
  5. Copy the folders and files that remain to your game folder.
The drawback to this is that you won't have the Black Pearl's cabin from New Horizons, and when she is referred in dialogues as Black Pearl with the mod, she will now be called Flying Heart.
Also you will not be able to get her unique set of fixed black sails.

But you do get her to look like the Black Pearl from the outside. ;)

Good luck on the sea! :cheers

Edit: Step 4 is not necessary, as the model that uses these textures is deleted in step 3.
So the textures will just not be used. ;)

Edit 2: This is not needed any more.

Last edited:
The mod is finally updated for version 1.7.0! :monkeydance

And there is a very small, but important detail changed; to bring it a little bit closer to New Horizons canon.
The name of the captain is now Hector Barbossa! :pflag

Download the update: 11 MB file on MEGA

Hello, I really like what you have done here, but could you replace it (or make a new one) with the Black Pearl frigate from the POTC game? It would make more sense that way and that version looks more menacing and would fit the cutscene better.

Also, I dont wanna pay for a zip opener I have used all my trials, is there a free zip file opener or could you not make it a zip file? Thx

Hello, I really like what you have done here, but could you replace it (or make a new one) with the Black Pearl frigate from the POTC game? It would make more sense that way and that version looks more menacing and would fit the cutscene better.
It should be doable, though the model is of lesser quality when compared to everything else in TEHO.
Though It could be made to look better by replacing the cannons with better looking ones, plus this would also benefit PotC: New Horizons.

I will consider your recommendation, though probably it will be a separate version.

Also, I dont wanna pay for a zip opener I have used all my trials, is there a free zip file opener or could you not make it a zip file? Thx
7-Zip is a good free tool for this.

Though it will probably be an autoextractable EXE.

the Black Pearl frigate from the POTC game?
Black Pearl in the original game wasn't a frigate?
We kept her as a "Lineship".
Even gave the model some upgrades.
Still not great-looking though...

Let me second 7-Zip here.
Completely free.
And works wonders.
It even contains the most efficient type of compression (LZMA) for if you'd want to make archives of your own.
Much better than ZIP or RAR.

Black Pearl in the original game wasn't a frigate?
We kept her as a "Lineship".
It was referred as a "Frigate" in dialogues, but frankly I consider it too large to be a frigate.

Even gave the model some upgrades.
Still not great-looking though...
The new cannons should significantly help, at least they did on the "Mefisto".

It was referred as a "Frigate" in dialogues, but frankly I consider it too large to be a frigate.

The new cannons should significantly help, at least they did on the "Mefisto".

Yeah...to large indeed. Heavy Frigate would be better.

The funny thing is, in the GOF v1 mod, I found her base model but none of them the black pearl paint themselves, they were referred to as "light frigates'', despite the fact that they were bulkier and larger than the Lineships!:rofl

It should be doable, though the model is of lesser quality when compared to everything else in TEHO.
Though It could be made to look better by replacing the cannons with better looking ones, plus this would also benefit PotC: New Horizons.

I will consider your recommendation, though probably it will be a separate version.

Hullo, any progress?

I haven't started on it yet, but I would like to do it sometime this week.

Once I get going, it should take one to two days to have it ready.

Back