• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

black pearl my version

The only modeler who ever made an accurate Black Pearl is Kazeite. His latest version is in Build 14 Beta 1.

I do not think, remembering that I've watched Pirates of the Caribbean 50 times, the only part that is equal to the film is the hull, and sail over the helm, but the rest is nothing like the movie (Remember that I do not want to offend anyone, the version of kazeite, is awesome) but as you know there is no perfection without errors, then just have to correct some of the Pearl sails :doff

There is no such thing as perfect in my opinion, as there is always room for improvement. It even says so in the Bible.

and I do agree, the Black Pearl is far from perfect.

So let me get this straight... if your version, one very faithful to the film, now works, do I still need to do that Build 13 rigging/ Build 14 hull combination for comparison...? :?

you're a good man Armada, but the only thing I did was to combine the files gm, the new black pearl and black pearl of the razor, I'm not a modeler but i just training to be a modeler, but I did not like version which I did, because if you notice the textures in the Pearl video is the old version of Pearl, the sails are perfect but the hull is still old, so it's better to continue with the old plan of the pearl (which I said in the topic "new pack of ships "), but remembering that the distance between the sails is important for the perfect version.

:dance

I finally got the perfect version, Armada, I'm making a new video version but remember I got the perfect version of the sails but the hull is old but I will still be available for download, so it'll be easier to work for modelers But still have an error in a sail, a sail upon the wheel is not attached so when the wind hits the sail flips, then the priority is to hold the sail to the hull.
BLACK PEARL INCOMING :keith

FINALLY I got it, as did the video, the best of all black pearl
all modelers and moderators already have the link for the download and you're seeing here, and I repeat the best of all, savy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93BRQhxjLcA

link to downlod: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20063399/Blackpearl+3.5.rar

:onya

I don't want to delete your work, but I did delete some of the threads on the subject. You only really need one, so you can use this thread.

In any case, I"m happy to see you want to contribute; keep up the good work! :onya

From what I remember, people have been posting suggestions over and over again and Kazeite DID take them account.
I'm pretty sure he mentioned making the main mast longer and stuff like that in the latest version.
But it seems people have different ideas on the correct dimensions and rigging in some bizarre kind of way.
Does it differ per movie? Or per shot? Or is it that you can't make it out properly from the movies themselves??? :wacko:

As for your question, I'm at sea for the next few months still so can't download much of anything.
Also, I hardly can make out any differences in rigging; I'm already quite happy I can distinguish between schooner and brig rigging. :razz

ok, but as I was talking to the Armada, I made this version specifically for modelers to fix the hull because I only can work with the old textures.

I noticed one thing, after I did my version of pearl and I issued it, I thought the moderators, would give some value to my work, but apparently not even have a value, I just wanted to contribute piratesahoy, I was very disappointed with the team piratesahoy, so when I make a new version will not show anyone.
I was very disappointed.
:(

Nonsense! What you've done is very good! None of us here had the initiative to improve the Pearl as much as you did.
Plus, you didn't really give some of us a chance to comment- it doesn't always happen overnight here. :no
I for one would like to see your work continue on this site. :cheers

I can still combine your rigging with the Build 14 hull, if you want...

Armada ok, sorry for what I said, yes it would be very good combo of the two black pearl, but something important has to hold the sail in the hull above the rudder to facilitate, the sail is on my version (blackpearl_rey_a4) because when the wind hits her she had seen far to the left.
:doff

Latest update on this work: things have become more complicated than I expected. :facepalm
I planned to use the B14 hull and masts, with the new locators and yards, but TOOL says no. 'Model could not be read' for every mast except mast3.
Even when I try to update mast3, weird things start happening and the model becomes corrupted. :modding

So using the masts from FKWOLF555's new version, I've managed to get the new rigging working in-game.
Guess what happened next? 'BEEP-BEEP'. That accursed beeping bug happened when testing the ship!
That bug is proving more annoying than reverse lightning, and I REALLY want to get to the bottom of it! :whipa
Another thing is that the collision detection seems off, as the water is parted a short distance away from the tip of the bow.
I don't know what's causing this now, so there's more to investigate before we can get that 'perfect Black Pearl'.

Nice rigging, by the way! That's one positive thing. :cheeky

Please don't think my comments are anything against you; the reason for (re)moving some posts and threads is just to avoid confusion.
I hope you and Armada manage to convince the programs to sort out your work; I'll never say no to improvements of any kind,
especially not ones to such a well-loved ship! :dance

sorry for not being able to help armada because I'm not very good with modeling, it was hard to make a version for me, you think you're a great model, but we'll get the perfect version.
(pieter, I'm not mad at you, you are a good man.)
:cheers

I guess we all be good men! We pillage, we ravage, we don't give a hoot, we drink up! Right Meharties? YO HO!

Watching the videos of your Black Pearl was truly outstanding. It made me think of the Maelstrom scene in potc 3 with the awesome music.

Back