• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

black pearl my version

unfortunately no, I tried for a week but when I tried to play, and some strings are missing and no sail appeared, only the mast,
is very difficult, :modding
I do not know if I can but I'm trying to fix

Don't worry, just keep doing what you can. :onya
I'll do some more work on her, but might not be able to get anything ready until next week (if I'm lucky).

Not yet. I'm going to try and sort her out this week, but depending on my workload, I might not have anything done until the weekend.
The trouble is I keep getting sidetracked with other ships and projects, all going on at once. I'm too easily distracted. :facepalm

Armada, you got any progress with the pearl?
I'm sorry to be out this time is because I'm too busy with school, because I do a test every week.

Nothing new from me, mostly because of a busy college week. So I know how you feel, mate. :wacko:
However, I've got two weeks off for Easter, now, and I'm hoping to get the ship pack, including the Pearl's rigging, released next week.

The only modeler who ever made an accurate Black Pearl is Kazeite. His latest version is in Build 14 Beta 1.

Oh I don't know, I think my new version of the old girl is pretty accurate.
The sail plan
the_black_pearl_sail_plan_by_bonjourmonami-d3elg67.jpg

A nice shot of my new Pearl
the_black_pearl_game_model_01_by_bonjourmonami-d3elaru.jpg

the_black_pearl_game_model_04_by_bonjourmonami-d3elg1d.jpg

the_black_pearl_game_model_03_by_bonjourmonami-d3elfwm.jpg

Jack won't be on the finished model, he's just there for scale referencing.
the_black_pearl_game_model_02_by_bonjourmonami-d3elfsh.jpg

I've just got to finish her and get her working, any advice/tutorials on blender ship making would be grand :j2

Are you basing your work on Kazeite's original version? Because the bow figurehead looks less detailed than the last version he released.... :?

I definitely like the mini-Jack on there! :rofl

Are you basing your work on Kazeite's original version? Because the bow figurehead looks less detailed than the last version he released.... :?

I definitely like the mini-Jack on there! :rofl

I made her using the partial blueprint, using a few of the old BP's features, such as the figurehead, cannons and mermaids supporting the cabin window.
I'm still using build 13, so I'm using the same Pearl I modified for a damaged version way back when. is there any way of getting the newest Pearl without getting build 14? I know it's cheating but I found a way to get ship repair costs and crew wages down stupidly low so they don't mutiny, but I can't remember how I did it so I wouldn't be able to do it in 14.

Different subject I know but, has there been any progress on making a working maelstrom?

I've just asked Kazeite if I can use the figurehead and other statues from his latest model on my model, hope he says yes.

I haven't got any further with the rigging. I prioritised the ship pack, so I worked on that more than anything else.
However, if bonjourmonami's even newer version of the Pearl is eventually going to replace our current one, then I don't see why we should go to the trouble of continuing on the current one.
As I said before, there are multiple issues with the Build 14 Pearl which prevent us from fully adjusting the rigging while keeping all the detail. Too much would need replacing with old parts, which isn't improving anything.

So, I say we wait and see what bonjourmonami does with his new version. :keith

Back