• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

black pearl my version

Keep the current one, just 'cause she's excellent. I need a bit of help with blender, I'm making the sail locators but in blender, when you have something of the same name it automatically adds an 001,002 etc to the end. Does anyone know how to overcome this? I'd rather not have to reinstall Maya but I don't think I have much choice if I wanna get my Pearl working.

I need a bit of help with blender, I'm making the sail locators but in blender, when you have something of the same name it automatically adds an 001,002 etc to the end. Does anyone know how to overcome this? I'd rather not have to reinstall Maya but I don't think I have much choice if I wanna get my Pearl working.
Isn't Maya necessary anyway, to convert the finished model to GM format, or is there a plugin for Blender that does it for you?
Perhaps if Blender is being too much of a pain, you could always import the model into Maya and add the locators that way.
As for Blender itself, I can't help you (and I still can't find the tutorials I thought were on the FTP), but I know there is a multitude of tutorials across the Web which might help.

I do not believe that after so much work we discard our version, I am very disappointed. <_<
Well if you really want it finished anyway, I'd recommend you try it yourself.
It has run my patience thin trying to get it working, especially when the damn thing started beeping and messing up the collision detection in-game. :modding
It's extra frustration I could do without, to be honest. You're welcome to work on it yourself, of course.
You could start by trying to get your rigging onto the Build 14 Pearl's masts. Perhaps I did it wrong last time, and you might get it right. :shrug
Sorry mate, but I have far too much to do as it is.

ok, I'll try to finish alone or make a new pearl, but I really would have liked if our pearl was in ship pack

I'd like to have finished it for the pack too, but since most people are satisfied with the current Pearl, and it doesn't appear in encounters, I had to prioritise improving the low-quality ships.

since most people are satisfied with the pearl , explain why over 1600 people saw this topic.

Armada do not want to disrespect you or offend you, I love your work. :dance

I know it's cheating but I found a way to get ship repair costs and crew wages down stupidly low so they don't mutiny, but I can't remember how I did it so I wouldn't be able to do it in 14.
There are ways in Build 14 to do the same. :yes

Different subject I know but, has there been any progress on making a working maelstrom?
Not really; I don't see any way of achieving this with our game.

Pieter, you do not remember me, I am working with Armada in the new Pearl.
Actually, I do remember. I just don't remember what from! :razz

since most people are satisfied with the pearl , explain why over 1600 people saw this topic.
Most likely out of curiosity. Of course people will read a thread about the Black Pearl! :keith

Armada do not want to disrespect you or offend you, I love your work. :dance
Thanks, I do try me best.
But I seem to be undergoing a constant cycle of change with ship packs etc, due to new content and requests from you lot, and it's impossible to keep up. :wacko:
I realise, too, that there's no way I can please everyone in one ship pack, so rather than rushing the Easter pack and making a mess of things, it had to be cut short a little (even just for file size- it's over TWICE the size of the Xmas pack alone! :shock )

I know it's hard, if I can not finish the pearl alone, imagine that you have to do all that work. :shock:

Keep going, your work is perfect, YOU ARE THE BOSS

If anyone's the "boss", it's Pieter, even if he denies it. :cheeky

Armada, I had another idea, instead of continuing our pearl, I'll try to change the sails of the Pearl of the mod build 14, done by kazeite, what do you think is a good idea? :will

That's probably better than trying to import Build 13 work, yes.
If you can get them looking the way you want, and working properly in-game, then that would be wonderful! :bow

@Pieter: Whatever you say, Mr. Bossman. :slap

The sails or the rigging? Changing the SAIL is REAL easy. Rigging is a bit more complicated.

I guess it depends. Mostly the sails need editing, but in some cases the yards might need moving around.
That is where the Build 14 Pearl is a real pain, because TOOL won't open most of the masts. :modding

Back