• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

BUILD 11 BUGS ONLY

Hey I think it's since I captured the 'Mefisto' and took her for me own.

My Crew has stopped eating and drinking rum.
Any one else had this.
I'm not complaining, kind of useful bug!! :)

I encoutered a bug in the store on Isla Muelle.

There is a bald guy with the tatooed face standing there and you can chat with him, but then at one point you can't press space or enter or anything to continue or exit the chat. The game doesn't crash, but you're stuck there, and I have to reboot my computer since ctrl alt del or `alt-tab`, etc... doesn't work.

I've tried it several times and I'd like to hear if anyone else has this happen to them :)

Admiral8Q, have you tried hitting the "Windows" button on your keyboard? (assuming you have a "Windows" keyboard, LOL!) I have found that knocks the game down when nothing else will... Maybe that will help when you get stuck again. (I pulled the darned keys off the keyboard because I was crashing my game during melee combat, LOL!)

Anyhoo... I haven't talked to that guy, but I'll take a peek at it and see what I can find out.

Yes I even tried the "Windows" button, xD:

I've tryied every single key and and combo of keys that I could think of cause I didn't want to be stuck there cause I'd forgotten to save for almost an hour :p:

The only keys that worked werere "Page Up" and "Page down" and the up and down arrow keys to scroll the text. Space made a click sound but didn't do anything. The "I" key worked but I was still stuck in the chat.

I've tried the "I" button before I talk to him,
I've tried loading several times to make sure it wasn't just a fluke. ;)

I just popped in there to see if I could duplicate the problem and sailed right on through the dialog with no troubles. You might have a corrupted gamesave. ;)

I don't know if the error logs will work if you get "frozen" like that... But if you are getting something in your error logs post it here and maybe we can figure it out...

Sorry I couldn't be of more help! xD:

I had several problems wid 11.0 build install'n it over 10.1,I did a reinstall of POTC,,reinstall 10,1 an 11.0 wid de new installer an so far Iv'e had no problems yet ;)

Y'know, maybe that's the root of the problem here - presumably you can install over 10.1 and everything's okay, but some people have extra mods added - some of that might be the problem as the ships codes have changed and ALSO the `officer-for`-hire code... If you've got older files that weren't replace for some reason, it could be causing all the bugs.

Where *are* the "real coders" (I'm just a noob at this code stuff)?

Where the armor go? xD:

Wow this Build is incredible! One particular difficulty that I have noticed is that there is no armor like in the last Build. I don't know if this is a bug or my own ignorance. If the problem is, "user error" can somebody help me? ;)

the armor only comes with stuff you buy at a tailors. say you want some so you have to buy something like a portugese or spanish soldiers uniform since they ;) have armor. and that is a boit of howit works. in short buy skins that have armor showing for armor. xD:

Y'know, maybe that's the root of the problem here - presumably you can install over 10.1 and everything's okay, but some people have extra mods added - some of that might be the problem as the ships codes have changed and ALSO the `officer-for`-hire code... If you've got older files that weren't replace for some reason, it could be causing all the bugs.

Aye. I have noticed that some of the codes have changed, and if you are using some of the MODs not included in the build it will really mess up the game.

I could use summat armor but da tailor ainnot carryin it fer me yet (tho I *almost* bought a nice Dutch skin for one of my officers)! :dio

I h'ave tew wear a uniform or some duds tew get armour, :p: i"d be stick'n wid me pirate rags :yes

skull said:
I h'ave tew wear a uniform or some duds tew get armour, :p: i"d be stick'n wid me pirate rags :yes
I know, Skull... Same here... Seems to me, tho, that I DID eventually find armor (the old kind) in one of the chests on a ship I'd boarded - but they were big and mean and I was killed so I never got to take advantage of that find... I am hoping to come across some again sometime soon...

aye,I'd be lik'n tew find armour in chests,put a grin on me mug every time I'd be find'n de good armour Har! :yes :p:

Back