• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 10 Work In Progress

It happens because somehow the game starts without a Profile active.
The Save At Sea mod itself works. But that's intertwined with the Profiles mod,
which is causing trouble. :facepalm

The file has been updated again.
Included are:
- Further interface fixes: please test if all the brown interface work properly now
- Attempted fix for the relations problem (eg. Malcolm Hatcher going berserk): please test
- Hornblower quest updates
- New Revolutionary French soldiers by Thomas the Terror

Ho! A french character! :keith :onya

But the name of the boat "La Chevalle Furieux" is wrong...
It should be "Le Cheval Furieux". But we can change it in the main menu... :keith

I'll test it. :will

EDIT: How can I create a Profile? When I try to saved, it does'nt work and there is any profil active. :urgh
Maybe we can create it manually in de folders of the game? When I go into the folder save - LaCroix, I can see all the save I have done. But only the quicksave works...

There is a bug with the save system so that sometimes the game starts without a profile.
Sometimes it does work properly and sometimes it doesn't.
We still have to fix this, but in the meantime just start a new game several times until
you can go into the Save menu and DO see a profile name active.

You CAN get your already-made savegames to load, by the way.
Find the save files in your SAVE folder and replace "-==-" in their filename with "-=Player=-".
Then you CAN load them again. :facepalm

On the Hornblower quest, I come out of the naval college and meet Sharpe and am assigned to the defense of antigua, I don't think this is consistent with the walktrhough, when I am killed during defense of antigua i go to the tavern and can't get out.

I haven't played this quest before so i am a little uncertain about what the problems are.

Ah, yes. That is my mistake. All those events ARE supposed to happen, but much later in the story.
I left in my instant-testing code; currently I'm uploading another version with that mistake sorted out.
You can fix this yourself by finding the following code in PROGRAM\Storyline\Hornblower\Quests\quests_reaction.c:
Code:
		case "Agent_supply_run":
// SJG: For Testing -->
SetOfficersIndex(Pchar, 2, getCharacterIndex("Richard Sharpe"));
SetOfficersIndex(Pchar, 1, getCharacterIndex("Lt. Uriah Quelp"));
Locations[FindLocation("Antigua_outskirts")].vcskip = true;

Pchar.quest.Antigua_Land_Battle.win_condition.l1 = "location";
PChar.quest.Antigua_Land_Battle.win_condition.l1.character = Pchar.id;
Pchar.quest.Antigua_Land_Battle.win_condition.l1.location = "Antigua_port";
Pchar.quest.Antigua_Land_Battle.win_condition = "Antigua_Land_Battle";
// SJG: For Testing <--
/*			AddQuestRecord("My First Ship", 8);
AddQuestRecord("My First Ship", 9);
SetOfficersIndex(Pchar, 1, getCharacterIndex("Archie Kennedy"));
SetOfficersIndex(Pchar, 2, getCharacterIndex("Clayton"));

Pchar.quest.more_of_the_same.win_condition.l1 = "location";
PChar.quest.more_of_the_same.win_condition.l1.character = Pchar.id;
Pchar.quest.more_of_the_same.win_condition.l1.location = "Antigua_port";
Pchar.quest.more_of_the_same.win_condition = "more_of_the_same";
*/		break;
Replace with:
Code:
		case "Agent_supply_run":
AddQuestRecord("My First Ship", 8);
AddQuestRecord("My First Ship", 9);
SetOfficersIndex(Pchar, 1, getCharacterIndex("Archie Kennedy"));
SetOfficersIndex(Pchar, 2, getCharacterIndex("Clayton"));

Pchar.quest.more_of_the_same.win_condition.l1 = "location";
PChar.quest.more_of_the_same.win_condition.l1.character = Pchar.id;
Pchar.quest.more_of_the_same.win_condition.l1.location = "Antigua_port";
Pchar.quest.more_of_the_same.win_condition = "more_of_the_same";
break;
There is indeed a bug with dying; you're supposed to get game-over, but that doesn't work entirely right yet.
Short Jack Gold will be fixing that though.

There is a bug with the save system so that sometimes the game starts without a profile.
Sometimes it does work properly and sometimes it doesn't.
We still have to fix this, but in the meantime just start a new game several times until
you can go into the Save menu and DO see a profile name active.

You CAN get your already-made savegames to load, by the way.
Find the save files in your SAVE folder and replace "-==-" in their filename with "-=Player=-".
Then you CAN load them again. :facepalm

I restart a game many times and it never worked.

So.
When i come out the prison, i talk to the guard, i fight them, and then i talk to a crewmember. First bug: The other crewmembers attack him.
Then i have to go to the church. But it's closed (because it's night). I tied to go to my boat (wtih god mod to don't be sink by the fort) to spend time, but i can't come back to havana because there is not fast travel to havana. There is only fast travel to the boats around the island.
And in the Tavern there isn't any Tavernkeeper.

This is all i can see for the moment.
I see you have a lot of work ^^ Good luck!

I replaced the file now; please try again.

The "crewmembers attacking crewmember" bug should hopefully be fixed with today's release.
There is a back door to the church. ;)

I just found another potential LaCroix problem. To fix: open PROGRAM\Storyline\LaCroix\Quests\quests_reaction.c
and replace all instances of "Animists3" with "Priest".

In the Hornblower quest, in the most recent version, now when I go to the shipyard, the dockyard commisioner can't load his dialouge so I can't buy the guns to move the quest along. This worked before.

Also just a question? Why have we gone from Admiral Sir Peter Parker in command at Jamica to Major General Sir Hew Dalrymple?

A comment the correct form of address for multiple midshipmen in the first meeting is Midshipmen, not Midshipmen's. Also the God mode doesn't seem to be working with this quest.

Honeslty it is very hard to test these things with no save capabality.

:facepalm

In the Hornblower quest, in the most recent version, now when I go to the shipyard, the dockyard commisioner can't load his dialouge so I can't buy the guns to move the quest along. This worked before.
You are absolutely right. My mistake. Again. :modding :facepalm :boom
Anyway, extract attached file to PROGRAM\Storyline\Hornblower\dialogs and it'll work. :doff

Also just a question? Why have we gone from Admiral Sir Peter Parker in command at Jamica to Major General Sir Hew Dalrymple?
I have no idea; that's Short Jack Gold's doing. :shrug

A comment the correct form of address for multiple midshipmen in the first meeting is Midshipmen, not Midshipmen's. Also the God mode doesn't seem to be working with this quest.
Thanks; I fixed that. If you encounter any other spelling or grammar mistakes,
feel free to edit them and put the fixed files on the FTP. :cheeky

Honeslty it is very hard to test these things with no save capabality.
I understand. The save system does work to some extent, but it's only very rarely that it works as it should.
I hope Screwface will figure out how to fix this problem soon. :(

Ok thanks Pieter.

I have been trying the hornblower quest on patch 4 and I can't find the Volcano anywhere. Help?

Other suggestions, I am sure it is difficult but it would be nice to get sailors in the appropriate national uniforms.

For Sharpe and the other chosen men, I am sure many who are on this forum know that the 95th Rifles wore geen jackets and I think balc trousers.

The Volcano is supposed to be at Martinique. I also noticed she didn't show up one time,
but then I reloaded my save and she was there next time I tried. :facepalm

Short Jack Gold has been requesting a skinner to make skins or new models for Sharpe and his men for a long time now.
He even went so far as to draw an example of what he wants:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/11826-new-characters/page__view__findpost__p__345304
But so far, no takers. :(

And I wholly agree on navy sailors on your ship's deck too.
The random sailors there are now just really work against the rest of the navy atmosphere of the quest. :boom

Also just a question? Why have we gone from Admiral Sir Peter Parker in command at Jamaica to Major General Sir Hew Dalrymple?
I have no idea; that's Short Jack Gold's doing. :shrug
It is due to a time scale issue - In the Hornblower films it is implied that Nelson is already dead by the time the events of the Fire Ship and the Mutiny take place. Also, again in the films, Sir Hew is in fact the character used, so to simplify matters I used that character. Nelson is no longer part of the quest at the moment.
However, if there is sufficient interest I will insert a storyline that re-includes him, as he was in fact in the area, and push back the other events when I extend the Sharpe and his riflemen's involvement with Wellington (Wellesley).
Hope that gives you some idea of what's been going on.

Jack, I think you have done an amazing job on this quest and I am just starting to try it out. I completly get the point about Nelson but I still think it is a little odd to have an army general in charge of the Jamica station but I defer happily.

Pieter, now the guy in the shipyard talks to you but walks away when you try to install the guns. After re loading the saves on the Volvano six times it still hasn't shown up.

You immediately get your ship repaired and re-gunned with that dialog option.
Maybe I should add an onscreen log message to indicate this though. :facepalm

As far as the time of Nelson's death, he dies at Trafalgar,
which takes place between the books "Hornblower and the Crisis" and "Hornblower and the Atropos".
Hornblower actually is in charge of arrange Nelson's funeral in tha second book.
So as far as the books are concerned, Nelson is still alive all through the events show in the movies. :?

You immediately get your ship repaired and re-gunned with that dialog option.

Ok, I think in an earlier version you had to actually buy the guns but it didn't require any of your cash.

That was a bug that Short Jack Gold made use of; buying guns isn't supposed to be free.
I changed the dialog so you get an instant free repair and reprovision instead.
But I'm not quite sure what would be the best way to handle this.

Screwface has tried fixing the Save problem; I'm uploading a new Alpha 10 WIP so you can test if it DOES work now. :doff

Back