• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 10 Work In Progress

The file in the opening post has been replaced again.
Please download and try the Save system. :woot

:gday

I just had time to download and go in, start a game and make 2 saves. :keith I am happy to say that every thing worked perfectly. Huzzah! or as we say where I grew up ...... YEEEEEHAAAA!

Congratulations Pieter, Screwface and anyone else who helped on this.

:warr

When it comes to the fixing of the Save system, that's Screwface's work. :bow

In the hornblower quest, At the bigining of the game after starting in Antigua, my ship departed from Bridgetown, Barbados.

Also I have some comments about the look and feel of this quest but I don't want to impose them on the makers if they are not helpful, let me know.

It's better to post Hornblower quest stuff in this thread:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14137-hornblower-quest/
I'm not sure if Short Jack Gold reads everything on the forum, but he would definitly check there.

He mentioned the Barbados worldmap thing as well, but it worked fine when I tested.
I think the worldmap position is fixed upon the whole hour, so if you stay in 3D sailing mode long enough,
you wouldn't have it, but if you quickly go to worldmap, you could have. :facepalm

Good to know that would explain why I don't get it all the time.

Anothere one, the agent victualler this time looked the Major General Hew Dalrymple.

Anothere one, the agent victualler this time looked the Major General Hew Dalrymple.
That is due to a shortage of character models. I think Pieter has explained before that we have a shortage of skinners right now, and those we DO have, are very much overloaded with projects, so I am using "standard" characters. This unfortunately leads to duplication.

This IS an alpha version, and when compiled each of us is affected by the work of others, so we each then have to go back and make the changes necessary to accommodate each others changes.
PLEASE do not misunderstand me here, I, and I'm sure the others are VERY grateful for your efforts in pointing out what you do find, it gives us all a chance to make corrections and continue the effort towards a polished and playable game, but it does take time. :onya

P.S. At Antigua - I too still get transported to Barbados! ;)

Its similar to Jack Sparrow then (I get transported to Hispaniola).

I think to avoid it you just need to start sailing in 3d mode before going to world map ;)

Short Jack,

I want to be equally clear. I stand in awe of the modders, modellers and skinners. I doubt I could do any of that work. I try to contribute by testing and pointing out things that don't work or seem odd to me because I know many people work hard to make this the fabulous game that is has and is becomming. I do not intend my coments as criticism or complaint.

I am a huge Hornblower fan and am eager to play this quest all the way through. I applaud the work you done to give us this story.

:cheers

Hey Jack,

I could use a little help. I am at the point in the quest where I have to help find and sink the Volcano. I have been up and down the E coast of Martinique, I see lots of French ships but no Volcano. Is it supposed to just appear, do I have to curise looking for it, am I missing something?

The ship should just plain be there. Usually the first ship in the Sail-To menu too, I think.

Is there any thimg about the timing of your arrival on the coast, or where you hit Martinique that is special because I played this sequence about 8 times and have never seen it.

As far as I know, she's SUPPOSED to always be there. However, I know that she doesn't always show up.
I had that happen to me once and I don't know how often that might happen for other people. :facepalm

Hey Jack,

I could use a little help. I am at the point in the quest where I have to help find and sink the Volcano. I have been up and down the E coast of Martinique, I see lots of French ships but no Volcano. Is it supposed to just appear, do I have to curise looking for it, am I missing something?
The Volcano is always there (until you sink it). The best approach is either direct sail from Guadeloupe (North end of that island, the sail wsw) or MAP go to north end of FdF then go to sea. In either case the Volcano will sail towards you and attack.
This part of the game was one I did at the beginning of writing the quest so has been working correctly for MONTHS under all sorts of testing conditions.

HOWEVER - I can NO LONGER get her to appear AT ALL!! :modding
In fact the whole MAP sea part of the program, has for me at least, gone haywire. I spent all day on it yesterday. :?
For testing, I did a quest relocation to Charlestown (with ship) at the start of the game, and sailed to find her.
On goto MAP I was in Spieghtstown harbour! (I waited for the time to pass the hour before going to MAP).
In Direct sail I sailed for hours (game time) and saw no land whatsoever. Finally went to MAP and was back in Spieghtstown.

In other quests, using MAP, I cannot get the go to sea key to work. I notice that I have to find a storm first, then I can go to sea and port.

Until this is resolved, I am stuck. :modding

Ok thanks Jack, maybe I will try it in the Patch 4 version, do you think that is working? Or direct sail in the WIP version?

There's a good chance that if you don't actually sail to an island yourself,
that the worldmap position is not properly updated.
It would be great if the worldmap position would be set correctly each time you'd go from land to sea.
But I don't know how that should be done. :facepalm

Back