• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 10

Can you please post the bugs you find seperately on the Bug Tracker?
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/forum/38-build-bugs/

-With the "going to ship deck when anchoring" option on, the game crashes 50% of the time when exiting the world map. Deactivating the option removes the problem.
That is WAAAY weird. How can THAT option cause the game to crash on worldmap to sea transitions?
That code isn't even used at that piont yet. Can anybody confirm? :wacko:

-As soon as i try to change my character's or my ship's name, all savegames become corrupted with the "unable to load" message.
Do you have the Alpha 10.1 Fix installed from the opening page of this thread?
There was a problem like that, but it should've been fixed.

-All the textures of the town of Sao Jorge are bugged (looks like default textures when the normal ones aren't found).
Are you playing the Bartolomeu o Portugues storyline? If so, I fixed this problem yesterday:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/15202-sao-jorge-concepcion-grenada-missing-textures/

-Same problem with the ground of the Bridgetown port.
Is this also in the Bartolomeu storyline? Can you try another storyline? Can you show a screenshot?

-With the "going to ship deck when anchoring" option on, the game crashes 50% of the time when exiting the world map. Deactivating the option removes the problem.

I have this problem as well. It seems area transitions of any kind on my computer has like a 10% chance of crashing.

I'm just very paranoid and save a lot so I just soldier on.

Can you deactivate that option that Youpime mentioned and see if the crashes decrease?

Disabled it a long time ago and the crashes I have now are unrelated to the deck. It works fine if I access the deck from sea.

In my game version in the Jack Sparrow storyline, there is no problem with the ground textures in Bridgetown.
Can anybody confirm? If you DO have a problem there, maybe there's a RunMe.bat error.

game worked fine, but when i pressed F1, game crashed and back to desktop. here some log's. iam tired from these crashes:D

Attachments

• compile.log
    22.6 KB · Views: 181
  • system.log
    6.7 KB · Views: 175
In my game version in the Jack Sparrow storyline, there is no problem with the ground textures in Bridgetown.
Can anybody confirm? If you DO have a problem there, maybe there's a RunMe.bat error.

Build 14 Alpha 10.1

Went to Bridgetown as Jack Sparrow ( not in Storyline ) no ground texture in Port. ( see Image )

Logs Attached:

Please post it on the bug tracker; I suspect it's a RunMe.bat issue, because I definitly don't have that problem. :facepalm

Do you mean that you select run the runme.bat now and it doesnt?

We are aware of this, you just have to run it manually :yes

Indeed; that's a problem with the installer. Next big installer will fix this. :yes
In the meantime, just run it manually.

About my installation, yes my alpha 10.1 is the "official" one, downloaded from its page on this site, and i ran the runme manually from the main game folder.

I am certain that the crashes are caused by the deck view when anchoring, as i deactivated that option only and i didn't experience any ctd ever since. I have no idea about what causes the crashes, maybe that activating the option modifies variables that it should not...

Yes, the no texture bug in Bridgetown is still there with other storylines.

Youpime's point is valid - reduced area transitions = reduced chance of crashing.

I have attempted to enable error logging but all I got is "engine.ini missing".

I suppose I'll have to look into that Bridgetown missing texture. Annoying that I don't have the problem.
In the meantime, copying "spain_pesok.tga.tx" from RESOURCE\Textures to RESOURCE\Textures\Locations\ENGLAND should solve it.
Possibly the line for this is missing from the RunMe.bat; I will check. :yes

http://www.mininova.org/apply

Mininova Content Distribution (Due to several court orders, Mininova is no longer a "pirate" site.

The above service is meant for open source content distribution; we upload once, they provide seeds and frontpage advertising.

Should we try that out as a secondary deployment medium in January?

That's certainly worth looking into! Doesn't solve the game distribution,
but it could help with modpack distribution for sure. :yes

Hi! It's been a while since i last visited these forums and now that i am back again i saw the release of Alpha 10.1. I installed it but i can't load a game. Isn't it save game compatible?

I found the following errors in my playing today:
Code:
resource\models\characters\Huber_Hol1_17.gm: can't open geometry file
Character model 'characters\Huber_Hol1_17' not loaded

resource\models\Heads\h_man6.gm: can't open geometry file

Video Error!!!(0x80040216) Can`t load video file = resource\videos\cannons_fire.wmv
I'll be looking into them later.
Does anyone happen to have the Huber_Hol1_17 files?
I do have the head and texture files, but not the main GM at the moment. :wacko:

Back