• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 10

Im active just been working really hard that when I get back to my house I have little to no energy to actually think xD:

Not a problem, mate. Real life comes first. It's unfortunate for the modding scene,
but the same goes for my being at sea. Nothing to be done about it, eh? :shrug

So is the map travel officially broken cause it seems to crash the game 40% or so of the time moving from sea to map travel. starting to think it was a mistake to get this instead of playing 13 final some more.

Yeah i take that back it's just crashing a ton in general when moving from screen to screen, after i installed those "fixes"..as much as i love the helmsmen on the ships and other new stuff this crap is barely playable. is there a way to get DirectSail on build 13 final? edit: oh right it's on the download page hehe. Is it possible to put a ship file from 14 to build 13 to give a ship a helm/helmsmen?

I think there is a bug in the game at Martinique. I can't land in port to execute the ammunition ship protion of the main quest. Five tries and the same result. Carsh and freeze. And you can't go to the port form the city either looks like some file is missing.

I have successfully landed in the St. Pierre port during the Assasin quest so it lokks to me like this bug is only in New Horizons/

Most storylines have been played through all the way in Build 14 Alpha 10 or slightly earlier versions.
I'm quite surprised on the sudden crashes people are now experiencing. :wacko:

I agree Pieter, but I have gotten this particular crash in Port five times in a row. I think that this is probably related in some way to the ammunition ship quest.

:wacko: Anything in the log files? Error.log and system.log most notably?

hey ive got alpha 9.5 patch 1 set up can i just straight away go an put on patch 4 or do i have to
install others first? thanks

I'm back home now. I'll look into making a Build 14 Alpha 10.1 FULL installer.
It'll be a one-file-only thing; Build 13 not required.

There are a couple of fix files that would be nice to put into it as well that I havnt been able to test (the ones that are in this thread by someone else and also a character showing up in the other storylines who shouldnt)

its to bad that i dont know what causes the problem but build 13 works fine build 14 / new horizons frame lags terrible on highest so i setted it lower and i cant read the text no more it looks ugly lol...
so what could be the cause of the build 14 framelag...
back to build 13 tho :)
lucky i saved my gamesaves before installing build 14 hehe :p

Which fixes are those exactly?
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14815-build-14-alpha-10/page__view__findpost__p__350052
The Brinkley dialog one here... The Antigua one requires a locator change

Also there is one where a character shows up in storylines he shouldnt (tries to start a quest) which is here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?app=tracker&showissue=160&st=0&gopid=1094&#entry1094

NOTE: Neither I have fixed the second one would just require a changecharacteraddress(blah, "none", "");
The first one I think he wrote how to fix

Better pin this thread; otherwise it might get lost what with the impressive inactivity seen here. :shock

Too late; already done now. :razz
We do need to clean up the forum stickies; there's just TOO MANY of them. :modding

Back