• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 10

I intentionally put the fix in both folders, just in case somebody messes up the order of RunMe.bat and installing the fix.
This way is a bit messy, I admit, but at least it'll work even if you install it the "wrong" way around. :facepalm
In fact, there IS no wrong way; the order doesn't matter. It'll be better with Beta 1. :modding

I am sorry to reoport a problem with saving in Alpha 10. I died twice during boarding and each time I went back to the save menu I had lost all my saves and got the unable to load message. Lst night I saved on the worldmap and this morning when tried to load, I got the same thing. I thing we had a similar probelm in an earlier version of the wip but screwface fixed it.

:shrug

Screwface HAD made a fix for that and the fix should still be included!
But united is having a problem with this too; see his thread.
That's NOT good. :modding

Have you loaded profile before searching for right save?

Ahh! new feature baffles old tester. I did that and I got some saves back but not the one at sea. So lets see what happens when I go to sea.

Can someone explain how this is supposed to work with the profile. I know that you have to click on the profile to find your saves, yes? Why wouldn't I be getting the most recent save when I do that.
And can i name the profile. It just says player nos.

Well I think the saving is definately screwed up. I just lost a save on land I had 7 I saved I went back to load and it wasn't there the previous save was available but when I tried to load it the game froze.

This worked perfectly in the last version of the WIP.

Tell me again the value of adding this profile business. :modding

Can you all tell us how to disable the new save system to revert it back to the old one? After so much game time or getting a fleet no profile will be selected to save to. There's something in the game that triggers that. I'm guessing it's when you get more than 2 officers or gain a fleet. It would be nice if you all added in the F1->Save Menu an Profile select menu like you all did in the Load menu.

The problem with profiles was when you wanted to load/save your game, the program sometimes added some extra random characters at the end of your profile name. So as this modified profile didn't exist, you couldn't be able to load its save. That's also why when you saved your game, there were no profile name in your save (-==-)

The fix i made to solve that seemed to work fine until now :modding For my part i didn't encounter the problem again but i wonder if it could be "computer-dependant" and appear more frequently in some computers and less in some others :facepalm

However, there is an alternative solution instead of the revert back to the old system. This solution would be to impose the profile name by code (Player for example) and do not allow the player to input his profile name. With this solution, program would know the exactly profile name and we could avoid this fuc---g random extra characters problem !

The counterpart of that is that player could only have one profile per storyline :?

For what it is worth, Screwface, It would be great to have two or more games open at once but we can't effectively test alpha ten unless we can solve this save problem so reverting to something that we know works well for now might be the thing to do.

Revert to old save system with no profiles would be more complicated than try to find a fix to the new system, just because the new profile and save system is so much imbricated in the last game additions, specially the Save at sea mod :shrug

It still won't run for me. I did a deinstall and complete reinstall of everything in the given order. Build 13 worked great BTW. When I click on the fix icon, an install window comes up and prompts me for a destination for install. I assumed C/Program files/Bethesda/POTC Wrong place? Or do I need to manually extract the two files and drop them in somewhere?

V/R Aaron S.

Revert to old save system with no profiles would be more complicated than try to find a fix to the new system, just because the new profile and save system is so much imbricated in the last game additions, specially the Save at sea mod

Got it. I am happy to leave this to your capable hands.

Could people who have problems with the profile/save system tell me if they installed the alpha 10 full version over build 13 or if they installed the alpha 10 light over 9.5 patch 4 ?
I want to know that just because i proceeded with the second case and i never encountered problems since the fix so i would like to know if problems are linked with the installation version or not !

Hello.

Ive Encountered the profile/save sytem problem. my game crashed in the middle of a sea battle, when i went to load my last save, there wasn't any to load.
I installed Build 14 Alpha 10 full (with fix) over build 13. (all fresh clean installs) :shrug

Ive Encountered the profile/save sytem problem. my game crashed in the middle of a sea battle, when i went to load my last save, there wasn't any to load.
This thing can appear but it doesn't mean that you have the bug. It is just your current profile which is deactivated. Normally, you can reload your profile and your saved games by clicking the profile button. But if after you have reload your saved game and profile by doing this, you still have no profile when you go to the save screen, in this case, you have the bug !

This thing can appear but it doesn't mean that you have the bug. It is just your current profile which is deactivated. Normally, you can reload your profile and your saved games by clicking the profile button. But if after you have reload your saved game and profile by doing this, you still have no profile when you go to the save screen, in this case, you have the bug !

had this problem for the first time last night:
right after i took fred bob and Baldwyn Coffier as officers my profile has been deactivated by defaults during game......
i can save\quicksave but the savegames are not listed under profile:player, so i should rename them manually.
however, after loading the profile, the games are still saved outside it......
these two lines are, somehow, deleted from my option.ini, during game :will

"profile.newhorizons=player"
"profile.newhorizons.len=6"

the latter is changed in "profile.newhorizons.len=0"......

had this problem for the first time last night:
right after i took fred bob and Baldwyn Coffier as officers my profile has been deactivated by defaults during game......
i can save\quicksave but the savegames are not listed under profile:player, so i should rename them manually.
however, after loading the profile, the games are still saved outside it......
these two lines are, somehow, deleted from my option.ini, during game :will

"profile.newhorizons=player"
"profile.newhorizons.len=6"

the latter is changed in "profile.newhorizons.len=0"......
I'd be rather interested to know what process can deactivate a profile during a game :modding

However you shouldn't be allowed to operate save game after your profile is deactivated. That's why save games are profileless and you are forced to rename them manually to reload.

So i made some adjustments in this way plus some other bugs fixed !

I would like to give a last chance to the "player possibility to input profile name". If the profile system stays buggy for too many players after this update, i will limit the profile name to only "Player" with no possibility for the player to input an other name. It will be easier to avoid bugs !

For those who want to try, This update must be unrar on the top of the POTC folder and is made for Build 14 alpha 10 + Fix !

Here is the list of fixes which are included in :
Code:
- Profile/save system adjustments
- In realistic sailing, the spyglass show the ship name under 350 yards ! As the name not appear on ship, you couldn't previously know it in realistic sailing mode !
- In realistic sailing, the log of coastraiders ships are no more shown at screen
- When you go in options, your profile is not deactivated anymore !
- there was previously a bug when you saved at sea and reloaded, you lose your current balls load and its gunpowder : Fixed !
- Surrendered ships appeared at the jetty/ports locations : Fixed !
- In realistic mod, the fast travel was not initially deactivated at douwesen : Fixed !

EDIT: See forward in the post for a new fix update !

Back