• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 10

I lsot my profile about 10 saves in maybe fast travel to the ship deck triggerd it? I don't really know. :shrug

I lsot my profile about 10 saves in maybe fast travel to the ship deck triggerd it? I don't really know. :shrug
Did you try to save the game after you lost your profile ? Normally, now you can't make savegames anymore if you lost your profile.
You can still reload your profile and 10 saves by clicking on profile button in the loading interface, can't you ? :?

Yes. actually my profile was gone when I tried to save, but when I restart the game it is there with all the 10 saves.

it doesn`t work as intended:
as before, i can load a save only selecting a profile, but in game i can`t save because no "profile" results chosen.
is it possible to make the player choosing a profile when saving? (i.e. creating the button "profile" when clicking on "save")
if it was previously "automatic", now the game simply forgets all data related to "profile"....

is it possible to make the player choosing a profile when saving? (i.e. creating the button "profile" when clicking on "save")
Hmm that's a quite good idea ! I will have a look at this ! This button would also reactivate the profile after it is gone lords knows where ! Of course, player could only select profiles available in his current storyline :rolleyes:

Are there some of you who have met the profile/save bugs when they use another profile name instead of "player" ?
Personnaly i met some weird effects in game when the profile name is the default "player", specially in the loading profile screen, but i never met any problems yet when i input myself a different profile name :?

Ahoy all, on the profile / save issue I can report that the fix hasn't fixed it. It maybe happening less frequently, but I have lost my profile againg after 23 saves. I confess to having no idea if there are triggers for this, because it seems totally random. On land, at sea, fast travel or no.

On two other matters after boarding my ship in a neutral port when I hit return to bring up the menu of action items I got the icon for Land troops, odd since I don't have that ability and there were no hostilities. I think got this once when playing the WIP too.

Finally I think this version seems a little less stable. A few more CTDs two trying to close weapons locker, one at the end of Nigle Blythe's fight with Vessey and a couple of others. :keith

Ahoy all, on the profile / save issue I can report that the fix hasn't fixed it. It maybe happening less frequently, but I have lost my profile againg after 23 saves. I confess to having no idea if there are triggers for this, because it seems totally random. On land, at sea, fast travel or no.

On two other matters after boarding my ship in a neutral port when I hit return to bring up the menu of action items I got the icon for Land troops, odd since I don't have that ability and there were no hostilities. I think got this once when playing the WIP too.

Finally I think this version seems a little less stable. A few more CTDs two trying to close weapons locker, one at the end of Nigle Blythe's fight with Vessey and a couple of others. :keith

just remember to enable the error log by defaults, please, CTDs can be caused by wrong textures, cutscenes not triggered, GOD himself, pure randomness, or even brasilian macumbas xD:

ok, now, minor bugs:

1) encountered a French Ship, totally friendly, when sailing with British Flag.

2)swapped ship with a 40 guns merchantship...big mistake....the ship can`t even move while the wind`s beaming in the same direction (see the negative rate)

3)Albion quest didn`t play well in my run:
when first i walked to P. Royal port i had to manually "commence" the dialogue with the Albion Captain.
when i arrived at Barbados, nobody met me there and the Albion Cap. didn`t show up.

That's a very difficult thing to make a fix for an issue that i can't experiment by myself. I did a lot of testing, i created many profiles in different storylines and i never lost any profiles since the alpha 10 :shrug
So to help those who have met this issue of loosing profile, i realised what vinnipuk has suggested in a post above, the profile button in save interface. Player can choose and reactivate a profile to do his save. That's very useful if you loose your profile and if you want to save your game. You can also change of profile if you have some in the same storyline.

Here is a new version of the b14_alpha10_Fix2 which include this new adjustments plus the previous ones :

Code:
- Profile button in Save Interface to choose and reload a profile before do a save !

Previous fixes :
- Profile/save system adjustments
- In realistic sailing, the spyglass show the ship name under 350 yards ! As the name not appear on ship, you couldn't previously know it in realistic sailing mode !
- In realistic sailing, the log of coastraiders ships are no more shown at screen
- When you go in options, your profile is not deactivated anymore !
- there was previously a bug when you saved at sea and reloaded, you lose your current balls load and its gunpowder : Fixed !
- Surrendered ships appeared at the jetty/ports locations : Fixed !
- In realistic mod, the fast travel was not initially deactivated at douwesen : Fixed !

1) encountered a French Ship, totally friendly, when sailing with British Flag.
In which storyline were you ? If you played a storyline which was during the spanish main period, i think that's normal just because England and France are in peace during this period in the game !

Attachments

• b14_alpha10_Fix2.rar
    115.6 KB · Views: 189
Yep we have period correct relations now so it could be quite normal for the English and France to be friendly towards each other ;)

Thanks for the fixes (as usual) Screwface, I will put them on my game after work today :cheeky

Ahoy Screwface,

I haven't tried the new fix but I want to say that the first fix you offered seems to have improved things a lot. I was losing my porfile every 5-8 games. Now that happens much less frequently, more like 15-18 times without a problem. Of course I remain clueless as to why.

On other issues, the deck walk during combat seems messed up on one or the third rate balleships when you hit tab you can't go anywhere which means you can't use the telescope.

Also promotion seems more rapid than before. I got letter of marque, took a priate chasing mission to sink a first rate, got it and when I went back to the Governor I was promoted three times without doing anything further.

I dont know if that was even messed with :shrug

As for the save game its good news its less frequant but bad that it still happens and we dont know why :modding

We are aware of some deck walks being messed up and they are being fixed ;)

I forgot something important in the b14_alpha10_Fix2 :modding Could you please drop this file in your PROGRAM\INTERFACE folder with my apologies :cheeky

I also discovered an action which deactivate the profile : When you change the name of a ship or a character with interface. It allowed me to test the profile button to reactivate the profile and do the save and it works perfectly :onya

Attachments

• save_load.c
    55.3 KB · Views: 186
Nice call and good work. I did notice that the last two times I changed a ship name I lost the profile but I didn't get as far as a conclusion. Do we have to start a new game on fix 2?

In which storyline were you ? If you played a storyline which wasduring the spanish main period, i think that's normal just becauseEngland and France are in peace during this period in the game !

it`s standard storyline, and it`s related to Ship madness found out by Talisman, i think.
last night i`ve been exchanging "greetings" with 2 pirate ships.
as one surrendered, the other became neutral.
it happens randomly, but it`s noticeable.

about loosing one`s profile: i`m keeping two saves now, a normal save (F1) and a quicksave(F4).
As for now, i`ve ONLY lost my profile when quicksaving, so reloading from a normal save kept me going on with the game.
when you save a game whose profile has been "lost" (this was possible just before fix2) the game can`t be "recycled" again.
manually changing it`s name from -==quicksave==- to -==Player Quicksave==- does not allow another saving under profile, mainly because inside the savegame "profile" is set to none.
the only way to re-utilize a savegame whose profile has been lost, would be to hack the savegame itself from the inside... making the game corrupted and so unplayable.

Do we have to start a new game on fix 2?
No it's not necessary :no

This bug is an "old" one which still needs to be fixed !

the only way to re-utilize a savegame whose profile has been lost, would be to hack the savegame itself from the inside... making the game corrupted and so unplayable.
That's now quite possible with the profile button in the save interface. You can reactivate your profile and re-utilize your savegames by the same way :onya

Great Job
me.gif

alas, it`s not working for me, see pictures:

the profile is selected, but the save button is still gray.
my officer gained a level, instead of clicking exactly on the arrow i did it on my avatar`s name, so the profile went lost as you have just found out.

now, another bug in P. Royale:

in the shark loan office i bumped into 3 merchants, one of them sell\buy items as usual, the other two start to tell you how dangerous is their profession, when an ambush take place...in the shark loan office......so every one stand still and do nothing, because drawing steel inside this building "is not a good idea".

This bug is an "old" one which still needs to be fixed !
That bug is REALLY annoying I have to say :modding
now, another bug in P. Royale:

in the shark loan office i bumped into 3 merchants, one of them sell\buy items as usual, the other two start to tell you how dangerous is their profession, when an ambush take place...in the shark loan office......so every one stand still and do nothing, because drawing steel inside this building "is not a good idea".
Wow that needs to be looked at! :modding

I forgot something important in the b14_alpha10_Fix2 :modding Could you please drop this file in your PROGRAM\INTERFACE folder with my apologies :cheeky

I also discovered an action which deactivate the profile : When you change the name of a ship or a character with interface. It allowed me to test the profile button to reactivate the profile and do the save and it works perfectly :onya

I just tried the fix and it works, thanks very much. Did find another problem after taking a pirate ship at Sao Gorge. The after battle interface does not come up at all now to be able to set captain,transfer goods or swap ships etc. Do you have any idea why?

Thanks again.
Captain Cook :nk

Back